Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The great thing about Shameless, for me, is that I still don't have a loving clue if it's more drama or a very dark comedy (with the exception of the more explicitly dramatic S4). It's emotionally crushed me AND made me poo poo myself laughing at various points. It's loving gold.

xcore posted:

When is Emmy Rossum actually going to get a good role in a major Hollywood movie so the world can see how amazing she is?

Also this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

AA is for Quitters posted:

I don't know, but the 1am broadcast had a bunch of tits, but Mickey saying "loving" was definitely edited.

And so glad this season is looking lighter. Also holy gently caress, Liam, Debbie, and Carl grew UP. Also was hoping Frank's "project" would last all season and be this continual source of mystery. Shameless is a show that does horrible things to its characters and then makes those horrible things funny. Like Monica. Like Vi's fertility issues. Like poor Sheila in general.

Two words: plane wheel.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Good news, everyone! We're getting Season 6!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Not sure if anyone ever mentioned it, but the show was already renewed for next year right after the premiere.

I did, but no one noticed.

:(

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

LazyDivey posted:

Source https://twitter.com/CameronMonaghan/status/559550596336721920

drat we lost two great cast members in one episode. :(

Well, maybe. For all we know he's attempting to hide their eventual return. It would be ballsy if they don't come back though.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Oliver Reed posted:

Kinda bummed about Mandy leaving like that. Always thought she was a good character. I assume the actress is busy with other stuff?

She just had to film Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, so this exit quite possibly isn't permanent.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Oh Fiona. You so crazy.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Excellent episode for me, especially since I'm mostly fine with the Jimmy storyline - apart from him not laying out the fact that he was kidnapped as clearly as he should have. The rest was brilliant. Also, it was fun to see Jennifer Hale in it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

LazyDivey posted:

Yeah he should have fessed up about the whole story about what happened. Glad to see him back but he's seriously too toxic for Fiona who is a chaos addict and needs someone more stable.

I liked the cup guy from season 4 but she f'd that up pretty quickly.

Well, I mean, he did tell her all this stuff we didn't know about being chained in the yacht and being guarded by women with AKs, but even to me it sounded like crazy bullshit despite me knowing it's true. He really should have started with Estefania and her kingpin father - Fiona actually knows about them, knows how dangerous the father was, and likely would have understood what happened since it would ease her into the story.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Also, was it just me who thought the second Fiona/Jimmy sex scene was a pointed mirror to their first time in the pilot? Where it ended up being considerably different, of course, but the start is very similar.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

Mickeys performance is emmy worthy imo.

Yes, he's just as good as her :downsrim:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

I am an idiot because i almost made a variation on that joke and then i sat here not getting yours ><

I think hes eclipsed her now. Which is no slight to her.

Honestly I think Shameless is just a wall-to-wall display of great acting all around. Entirely different types of great acting, too.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

That was a fantastic episode. That being said, I really wish the argument between Fiona and V had gone down differently. The way V shut down Fi's 100%-correct advice with the bullshit about Fi just projecting her issues about Gus, and Fi bowing down, didn't sit right with me. The key to the Kev&V plot isn't their separation, it's (IMO) V's selfishness when it comes to taking care of her children, and from what I can see, Fiona is the absolute best person in the show to smack some sense into V's head. Fiona had to drop out of school to take care of Lip, Ian, Debbie, Carl and Liam when she was only a teenager because her father was a deadbeat drunk and her mother was a dangerous bipolar lunatic. Next to that, V's whining about how her husband prioritises taking care of their twin daughters (that she chose to have) instead of loving her looks even more self-centred and lovely, and I wish Fiona (or maybe someone else, pointing to what Fiona's was capable of as a caretaker) would lay that out to her. Between all that and Fiona's major investment in their relationship (that we saw in the episode where Kev's ex came to town with not-actually Kev's son), I've wanted that to happen for a while, and I got really excited when the argument started with the latter. But then it went downhill, although it did seem some of it got through - right when Kev hosed up, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jack Skeleton posted:

They sure dropped that whole gentrification story line pretty fast.

Uh, it was directly mentioned in the recent episode with Lip at the party. It's not dropped, it's just not concluded, and will likely continue into season 6.

• Locked thread