Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I've never been so non-bitter/at peace after a Ravens playoff exit

go good football game, i think this is the first time i can enjoy myself watching peypers do his thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

but seriously the only reason art jones got flagged is because he was a raven once

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

wow. broncos patriots. seahawks packers. there is no one likeable at all

i hate peyton and brady so much, but it's so weird that i am finally at peace after yesterday's playoff exit

i saw a ravens team with all major building blocks in place for a while

i saw a near future of an AFC being buttfucked by Pagano and Harbaugh, who trade off AFC titles

it is a beautiful future, and it will happen soon

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Flacco is gonna get busted for selling cocaine out of his mom's house.

for some reason that would own as well

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

every bullshit throw peyton makes is one step closer to him loving off forever bitter that his inferior brother out-ring'd him against the team that had his number 90% of the time

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

this is what peyton manning looked like when he was cramming nurse's face into his hall of fame taint

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Luck on the run is so dangerous. Dude can pull up and throw extremely accurately in less than a second like Rogers can and it's rad as gently caress

but gently caress you Colts, even though it was an awesome coincidence i will forever believe they tanked on purpose the year manning was out and totally knew he wouldn't play all year

but i need to believe that so i can keep hating them even though they have super cool players/coaches

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

All ex-patriots in today suck. Wait for Wes to fumble.

Belichick is a long-con kind of guy. My inner Pete Carol wants to believe he seeds the league with his player/coach castoffs knowing they will suck or make a huge fuckup that will benefit him

it's totally true

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

The front office did, but the coaching staff almost hosed it up by putting Orlovsky in as QB.

i seriously think the texans dropped the @Indy game on purpose at the end since the Vikings were racking up losses to match the Colts. i mean they probably didn't but if they did it would've been a genius coaching move

i'd be the worst nfl owner, i would've paid AFC South player/coaches millions to intentionally let the Colts win to keep them from getting a badass franchise qb again

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

boo peyton into his single ring retirement

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Is there a product that's the opposite of stickum?

ed dickson

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

davecrazy posted:

What the hell did they do to these people to make them cry for this commercial?

ray rice gotta get a check somehow

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Jason Garrett "I didn't see it that way"

Read the rule book you moron

eh, if your team is all MAN THATS BULLSHIT whether it's the right call or not it's better to just roll with them so you're showing you have their back

or he's just dumb, and that's probably the answer and you're right

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

HarlanHell posted:

That will be a five minute commercial of Ray Rice bawling like a baby.

NO MORE women in elevators

we can work together to keep women out of elevators

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

did john fox actually go for it on 4th down

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Redding nooo that's a tackle you're usually good at pulling off :(

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

zakharov posted:

Quote this if you have a massive crush on Fey and Poehler

It's funny, Tina Fey actually looked older when she was doing Weekend Update/writing for SNL. Dunno if she's just gotten healthier or went under the knife for some youth.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

There is a goon complaining about eating steak and pasta in this thread

who is this goon? that's someone who hates america

nothing is more american than steak and italian pasta

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Bradford

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

wheez the roux posted:

actually, where it's at is insanely good beers that you enjoy no matter what style it is. geez louise this forum is full of culinary philistines, SMDH

i hate my bitch stomach

i love good dark beers but most of the time i get severe indigestion and it ruins everything

then on rare occasions if i decide to drink my stomach decides to be thor and the next thing i know i'm pretty loving hammered and drank everyone's beer

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Pagano is undoing my irrational worn out bitterness toward the Colts from the Peyton years and I'm unsure of how to feel about this.

All of a sudden I'm finding myself totally not minding the inevitable landing of Ngata or McPhee (hell, maybe even both, they can afford it) in Indy.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

*nationwide tune*

falling short on 4th down

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Peyton Manning replaced Jim Harbaugh as the Colts QB. He rides off into the sunset and becomes HC of the 49ers, replacing Jim Harbaugh. The circle is complete.

I actually think Peyton would not be a good coach. His ability to read defenses at the line and immediately adjust isn't something you can really teach. I'd imagine him just throwing a fit every other play.

"Goddammit did you not see the OLB's hip twitch forward? That was a disguised blitz you moron. You must've thought he twitched toward the left instead...UGH"

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Colts you better keep it rolling in Foxborough. Conference championships are usually better than the SB and we should have a rad one in the AFC.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Spoeank posted:

At least Peyton Manning finally came through for the Colts in the playoffs.

lmfao

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Peyton didn't win the SB that year. The Bears lost it. :colbert:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Didn't that happen in the 1 month the entire time Peyton was playing for the Colts where the defense actually played good football?

yep

and one of the ravens best teams ever held him to zero touchdowns but mcnair was just old and worn out when january rolled around and couldn't muster a single touchdown or 2 field goal drives to finish it.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Sophia posted:

The real Super Bowl was when they beat the Pats though

I'll concede to that one. That was around the time when Brady was becoming Brady and it was kinda cool to see Peyton finally survive Belichick for once.

Last year's AFCCG must've been pretty cathartic for him. But alas, he'll never be as good as his younger brother.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

If Denver starts this game with Flacco under center instead of Peyton they'd win.

I don't know if I'm joking or not.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Fullhouse posted:

i've started consciously reading every post itt to the nationwide tune
thanks peyton

same except i keep hearing that loving sandwich squelch every single time

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Peyton's diminished arm probably can't last any longer than 14-15 weeks anymore.

In 2012 when it hit double overtime he looked like he was putting every single thing he had into a 15 yard pass. However he's still Peyton and most of the time even his lame duck passes end up in the perfect spot.

Tough poo poo Peyton, you will never be better than NFL icons like Eli, Flacco, and Russell Wilson.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I've hated Peyton forever and I'm trying not to feel sorry for him.

Father time's a bitch. Dude would've had like 5 rings by now if the Colts gave a poo poo about defense or runningbacks while he was there.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I hate you Peyton but I'm glad I saw you in your prime.

It's crazy to think that as amazing as Peyton is/was, the Colts were holding him back.

If he somehow ended up with Belichick instead of constant AFCCG appearances they'd probably have made the SB 6-7 times in a row and won most of them. I mean Brady is one of the best ever as well and has gone to championships without getting much help. However aside from receivers most of Peyton's career was with RBs whose best skill was blocking and inconsistent lines.

These playoffs have owned so far though. If Peyton keeps playing dude needs to look into bringing a bag of crystal meth or something to keep it going in January I guess.

Then years later we'd see his strung out/sore covered face attempt a HoF induction speech.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

im gay posted:

Does Luck have some form of autism?

quote:

But first, Kynes found himself stretching with Andrew Luck before a morning workout. The future NFL Pro Bowl quarterback had a question for the new walk-on.

"If you were a medieval warrior, what would be your weapon of choice?"

Kynes responded by choosing the mace.

"I would pick the longbow," Luck offered in his own fitting fashion.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Gumbercules posted:

Real talk, the fact that the colts were able to dump Peyton before he got old and, while enduring only one bad season, get another generational prospect who is literally named "Luck" would be hilarious if it wasn't absolutely infuriating. No idea why more people don't dislike this team.

Because unlike the 49ers and Packers the Colts FO seems to think just by having a super awesome QB with a cool WR or two is the ticket to Lombardi's.

Yea you'll whoop up on teams because you have an all time great, but even the best dude's need some help in January when you are playing against the other good teams in the league. Peyton was so loving good though it's hard to blame the Colts FO for not trying to dump the bank on a super team but c'mon man.

Football would feel futile as hell if Peyton had a super smart, dedicated front office. You'd pretty much have to be an evil shithead and hope he'd hurt himself to have any chance beating his teams if he wasn't 90% of the talent on the roster.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

TITY BOI posted:

I wonder what his username is

oh holy poo poo this is better than the medieval warrior thing

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Yaws posted:

Also, gently caress eveytone one hating on Manning. He's one of the best and it makes me sad seeing him go out not with a bang but a whimper

I hated him out of salty jealousy and it was built up frustration because I thought my team would never get even a mediocre QB but would still make postseasons on the backs of defenses and RBs.

Then when I finally got a rad QB he was just a major obstacle. For a while there Baltimore was getting bested by Pittsburgh in and out. So if they would somehow survive Pittsburgh, they'd have to go after Brady or Manning. Then if they pulled the miracle on one they would have to repeat it next week. Then if the gods smiled on baltimore and it happened somehow the team would still have to face the best of the NFC.

Then it happened in 2012 and now everything is beautiful and nothing hurts. I'm glad I got to see Manning in his prime it was just at my own team's expense. Him and Brady are the few guys who you could lose to and even if it was a close bullshit game you could still at least be proud of your team for hanging in there.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

It's also crazy we all got to witness an era of such good QB play that someone like Phillip Rivers was written off as "decent" by a lot of people in comparison. Even with all the rules favoring offenses it'll be interesting to see if there will be seasons of multiple guys nearing or passing 5k yards on the reg.

There will be rad QBs in the future but I have a dumb theory teams will start investing more in defenses and runningbacks again and we might even see rookie QBs riding the bench for a bit instead of being thrown to the wolves.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Yaws posted:

Flacco is not a rad QB but fair enough on your other points

Joe's slightly above average most of the team and will have a pantsshitting meltdown once or twice a year. He's streaky but when he's on his upstreak he's a pretty badass QB. He won't put up shitloads of yards on a season but there are plenty of teams in the AFC who got past a decent Ravens defense but fell victim to Joe turning it on out of nowhere.

He's not as good as like Rivers or Romo but if you're FO isn't retarded you can succeed without a perennial all-pro under center if the dude has the ability to carry a game if another phase of the team is in trouble.

2013 was a lovely year for Joe and the Ravens had no running threat whatsoever, and only 1 receiver that teams had to worry about but could easily scheme against. The Ravens were still win-and-in on a week 17 game. Yea the AFC sucked as well but the Ravens don't even win 2 games that year if someone like Bradford or Locker is throwing for you.

Yea I'm biased but if an FO gives a poo poo and your coaches know how to gameplan QBs like Joe can go a long way and are worth every overpaid penny just so you don't waste the careers of super awesome players like Todd Heap in their prime. If the dude was on the Ravens 5 years earlier with those dirty rear end defenses poo poo would've been rad

basically :qq: my qb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Remember when everyone was talking about how hosed Brady was by the Patriots no-talent offense and we were getting Lost Season 2.0, while Peyton was living the dream?

Good times. ::chord:

I'm so salty that there are guys so loving good that people think something is extremely wrong if they have just an average game while the team around them collapses. :mad:

"oh poo poo the pats ended up 12-4...is Brady done?!?!"

• Locked thread