Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Cross posting from the construction tales thread.

Seems like a reasonable solution to the problem "how do I control the current in my home made arc welder".

Can you post a link to this construction thread? I'm intrigued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

It's not just the data cables, too. It looks like the red MC at the top-left of the sign isn't firestopped either.
What really rumples my ruperts about that is that the cables are all bound with zip ties. Use velcro, scrub! :argh:

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Is this his job?

Probably not, as much as he'd like it to be. He's the reason "don't try this at home" is mandatory.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

What a strange trick.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Are those Chinese knockoff GMCs?

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Does anyone have the edit where the three rolls over to a four?

(I'm not stalking you, I swear :shobon:)

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Yep. Glad you see it.

This looks really good and safe:

That thing had better have a ridiculous OCPD in it, or else someone is going to try and plug in their vacuum, tv, box fan, and space heater all in one and burn their house down. It also doesn't really solve the problem of the fuckoff huge power bricks.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Doccers posted:

I have an image in my mind of a truck barreling down the highway at speed, flames spewing from the open coal bed underneath the tanks of molten aluminum, smoke bellowing forth and sparks flying out to all sides as it screams down the roadway....

... And I want to see it in person. I demand HellTruck.

Mad Max 2-2 War Rig confirmed. :perfect:

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

I do teledata and, while not particularly unsafe, this still makes me cringe.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well problem is there are dozens of protesters who are against building more natural gas lines, some of whom go and chain themselves to the equipment/pipes.

Edit: Here, have some good, proper, OSHA-approved (or UK equivilent of OSHA) demolition:

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSZEIZ9eFtY

This video definitely needs the google eye and cartoon arms treatment. I'd love to see the two smokestacks passionately embrace all the way down.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

:vince:
I love you.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

what the gently caress is being attempted here?
Arson.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Mr.Bob posted:

The door auto cutoff s still wired in, I am not that nuts. I used it to melt a bunch of glass a while back and the toggle switch was more than handy due to the durations involved.

This is more concerning than the switch on your microwave.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

FRINGE posted:

That is awesome and they should bring them back. :colbert:

They always come back, didn't you watch the video? :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

surebet posted:

pretty sure you meant to post this

Well, now it's impossible for him to cheat.

• Locked thread