Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

My friend's 16 year old (at the time) brother once had a huge party while their parents were away for a few days. It wasn't long before this happened to the deck. The next day he got a bunch of his friends together to salvage it and started to make a new deck, which was completed before his folks returned home.

Obviously the parents noticed as soon as they saw the teenage craftsmanship but his dad gave him props for fixing his own fuckup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

MrYenko posted:

Horses are assholes, Volume VII:

http://youtu.be/SeeFvmRi6xM

Lol at the stile watermark

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FIRST TIME posted:

I was the head of the safety committee at my last job and constantly had to deal with employees just grabbing handfuls of band-aids and other first aid items to take home.

What the gently caress is wrong with people?

Should have put a lock on it and held the only key. That would have solved your problem!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FIRST TIME posted:

No, that would be stupid. It was basically one of those things that you can't do poo poo about.

I don't get why people are giving me poo poo for being annoyed that people were pilfering the first aid supplies. I'm not talking about somebody gets a cut and grabs some extra band aids for when they need to change them. I'm talking about people who just impulsively grab poo poo because it's not nailed down.

lmao your profession as an OH&S guy becomes really fuckin obvious when you take even the most transparently idiotic jokes seriously

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Hman posted:

But what would the sign on the bathroom door have a picture of?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay he's lucky he didn't become Russian dressing but how the gently caress is his neck/spine still rigid after all that whiplash? :stare:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Chainless Chainsaw, or how to make your friend poo poo his pants and never hang out with you again

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Maybe I'm naive but is there no way to make it automatically stop if something, such as one of the thousands of living human being that use them, is detected in the mechanism? Like if a gear experiences resistance similar to what would be expected of human meat and just kills the motors or whatever?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

im full of poo poo posted:

hahaha do you have any idea how insanely expensive that would be, for like, one escalator

True...

Which I guess means libertarian utopia China would be among the last countries to implement such a thing if it were to ever exist.

chitoryu12 posted:

According to the BBC article on the incident, a worker put the panel back after maintenance but forgot to put the screws in.

quote:

China has seen several escalator-related accidents in recent years, including an escalator in Shanghai that suddenly reversed direction in 2014, injuring 13 people

lol

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Staryberry posted:

It sucks to have your flight re-routed due to weather, but I cannot imagine how terrifying it must have been to experience this landing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVE2LY2Xqo

How much did it cost the airline to replace all those poo poo-stained seats?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

bitcoin bastard posted:

What did he think was going to happen anyway? If he cleared the top of the roof, it was just gonna slide off the other side.

I'm assuming he expected the edge of it to catch on the top edge of the plywood below it.

Yesterday I had to mix up a batch of formalin for fixing purposes. I had a few milliliters of excess so, being new to this workplace, I asked where to chuck it and not a soul in the lab knew. Thankfully I found the lab coordinator and he pointed me to the hazardous liquids disposal :allears:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sassafrasquatch posted:

You in parasitology? Histology? And what was everyone else doing, just dumping it down the sink?

Parasitology. It's possible nobody else even uses formalin in that lab, but they should still know where the liquid waste disposal is. God drat.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phanatic posted:

Cargo goes by ship, a shipment goes by truck, I have no idea what the hell you call this:

:eng101: Amphibious!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Oh great someone is using a box to prop open the PCR laboratory because they're too lazy to whip out their ID cards to scan for entry because everything is locked on this Canadian holiday.

At least it's not the lab where we actually process the cow/horse/sheep poo poo.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGJ0fJN10YY

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Decrepus posted:

"mixed liquor"

Novo posted:

"cake"

Let's make the swirling pool of fecal death attractive to drunks and children! What could possibly go wrong?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It's okay there are comfy chairs underneath to break his landing

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

These things are an example of something I always wanted to try, but never ever will:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Vulpes posted:

They somehow phase through the solid lid and escape anyway? That's quite an effort.

There is not an airtight seal between your toilet lid and the bowl rim.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Vulpes posted:

You yanks and your weird toilets.

I'm Canadian :mad:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Cat Hatter posted:

My uncle was working at Ford when his plant exploded (Might be this one: http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/01/ford.explosion.02/ I thought it was a year or two more recent but I could be mistaken. It would help if I knew which plant he was working at) and, having been involved in an industrial accident before, immediately dropped his poo poo and took off running and didn't look back until he was at the bar down the street. He got in a bunch of trouble for not calling my Aunt; instead letting her anxiously watch her husband's workplace burn down on the news while he was getting a drink.

Lol your uncle owns

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Cat Hatter posted:

I've worked places where just leaving an empty pallet on edge will result in a write-up because they don't want to pay for Grandma's new osteoporosis-free ankle if it tips over.

Also because children like to climb them and some have been seriously injured doing so. Blue pallets are heavy as gently caress and you don't want that poo poo falling on a small child.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Are giant red balls running amok down city streets OSHA? Because

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

One time I was waiting for a dental appointment when we suddenly had to evacuate the building because someone's car spontaneously caught fire as they pulled up to the building. That car was made of metal.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm no volcanologist so can someone explain why such a seemingly tiny thing causes a volcano to flip out?

must be pretty hard to climb that crater when you have gigantic solid iron balls

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

JB50 posted:

It looks like theyre all blaming the excavator operator when no one bothered to put the fuken backhoe brakes on.

I like the guy fleeing in terror from the machine several feet away and downhill from him

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0J6mayzQUY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I like how nonchalantly he gets out of the truck to survey the scene, as if he wasn't literal inches from becoming marinara sauce.

And how normal he walks, as if he didn't have a load of poo poo in his shorts.

• Locked thread