Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Didn't this guy learn that lifting with your back is bad?

Lifting with your back or lifting someone by their back? Because I feel like my OSH handbook probably is detailed enough to make the distinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Being in ~The Navy~, the concept of a locking device on a tagged component still surprises me. It really floors me that someone would be stupid enough to ignore a tagout when their only purpose is to keep you from breaking poo poo and/or dying.

That said, I recently talked to a civilian who has interviewed with a company in the past year that works on kilovolt systems and had never been exposed to the concept of tagouts or other work controls. Truly terrifying. They wanted him to stand up a LOTO program for their company.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

This is the fun, happy kind of OSHA.gif where everyone walks away and nobody ends up in the hospital or the morgue. The Fisher Price of OSHA.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Devor posted:

It's all fun and games until someone ruptures a testicle

Probably a good pick for the next thread title.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Tolerance.gif?

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Waffle! posted:

The way the cord wraps around the statue's neck is hypnotic.

There's a kind of poetry to it. Like, it speaks to me about safety and the plight of the proletariat.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

I got caught in a flash flood once when I was a kid. That's a terrible, terrible way to spend your day.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Buddy of mine posted this on Facebook, had to crop off all the "LOL MEME" bullshit.

This is why we have checklists, guys.

Sneaking fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 27, 2016

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

surebet posted:

pretty sure you meant to post this

I am not a clever man.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Christ. Some people just do not have it in them to say "nope, gently caress off, I'm not doing that job" do they?

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Munin posted:

[edit] Barn fires can't melt steel tanks! 90% of material strength lost by the time the tank wall hits 700C leading to structural failure. It plays out that way in all sorts of situations so why are people still so hhnngh.

You mean like this? Am I representing the research properly?

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

I thought those were a joke. You know, like a SNL skit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Could someone please post the pic of the bolt that was glowing cherry red because of the electrical current running through it? I want to show someone and words can't do that picture justice.

Hate to be that guy but last time that was posted wasn't the conclusion that the bolt was externally heated (due to the charring around the bolt)?

• Locked thread