Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
osha_airport.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fired.jpeg

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JB50 posted:

Cant fix infrastructure, need all that money to buy votes!

This goes for both parties BTW.

It's more like "we wont fund infrastructure because then a bunch of lazy liberal union members get more work and we demand to eviscerate unions before passing any major infrastructure spending bill. Also, high speed rail is really gay, the Koch bros told us so"

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 23, 2015

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suuma posted:

This is obviously pretty terrible and I hope that guy didn't actually die but the best part of this video is that the guy parking the truck, with the other guy motioning for him to 'park here', has to get out and then back in and move it.

"Oh hmm park in the big yellow square got it"

My uncle used to be an environmental consultant and worked on Suprerfund sites for a time. One of the stories he tells is a guy working on some site, but not for his company, stuck his head over an open hatch and shone his flashlight inside to examine the huge chemical tank. Whatever horrible stuff inside the tank ignited and torched the guy's upper body in a flash.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably the same folks that thought this was a good idea:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bondematt posted:

How else are you going to shoot them at your friends?

PS: I am that guy who would choke on a bottlecap.

A friend of mine from high school managed to swallow a bottle cap by accident after loving around with it in his mouth for no reason, he immediately went to the cafeteria bathroom and barfed it up because he knew things would get pretty serious pretty fast if he didn't/couldn't.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What's crazy is that American freight trains make European freight trains look like short-line babies pulled by switching engines.

https://youtu.be/KaUM0opLHA0?t=1m55s
Note how the engineer gets out, takes a look, shakes his head, and walks away.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gorilla Salad posted:

The schadenfreude gets a hell of a lot worse in this case. The company who owned the mine knew asbestos was dangerous and did nothing to protect their workers. This left a couple of thousand people with an untreatable and totally lethal form of cancer called mesothelioma.

Naturally they formed a class action for compensation. Australia has free health care, but these men also wanted money so their families wouldn't be destitute after they died. The company fought. Of course they did, wouldn't want to ruin the profit margins after all.

Now, here's where things get a special kind of evil. One member of the company's legal team decided they would use a very simple and utterly amoral strategy - delay. She did everything in her power to tie proceedings up in bullshit until a lot of the men had died and were no longer eligible for compensation.

The woman who headed the strategy was Julie Bishop.

Who?

Julie Bishop, deputy leader of Australia's current party in government, the LNP, their only female minister, and our minister for foreign affairs.

I'm an American born in the mid 80s, and I can distinctly remember commercials on TV advertising for class action lawsuits for asbestos exposure/mesothelioma into the mid 90s.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wasabi the J posted:

They're still running dude

Wow really? I haven't watched tv regularly for a good while

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy lost his face in an electrical accident. He's blessed to be blind. And he's getting a face transplant.

warning, gruesome even though it's all healed up:
:stare: https://youtu.be/b7Lg_mNM4bQ :stare:

It's an ABC interview, but Jesus

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, he looks pretty drat good.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Budgie posted:

Still waiting for a prosthetic arm manufacturer to show it making the most useful of gestures. Extension of just the middle finger is essential for communication.

In one of the other videos of that guy he mentions that yes, he can give the middle finger as a modification of one of the preset gestures

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:captainpop:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slomomofo posted:

Wasn't there a similar fire at show disaster that happened in Chicago within the last 10 years or so? IIRC the issue was only 1 exit and the stairs couldn't support the rush of people and collapsed with all of them on it (club was on the fourth floor or something like that).

edit- ugh disregard, I was thinking of the E2 disaster and completely misremembering the details.

You might also be thinking of the porch/deck collapses that were a problem until the city brought the codes and enforcement up to date. An unusually large party + rotten or under-built multi-story decks that are on the back of lots of low-rise apartment buildings = bad time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Chicago_balcony_collapse

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VendaGoat posted:

How are people on this board still able to post?

Is that booze? OH PLEASE LET THAT NOT BE BOOZE!

Nah, it was a wine rack at a store in Wisconsin a few years back.

https://youtu.be/H17mWrB9RbY?t=45s

Cuvee du plancher

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 18, 2015

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I remember seeing those frat basement pool pictures on ebaums world, so almost as old as the redneck pool pic. I was unfortunately not a goon in those golden days

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 19, 2015

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JB50 posted:

Its kind of the go to if you want to do something like, I dont know, HEAT YOUR HOUSE.

Unless you're in the Pacific NW where there's so much cheap hydropower

There are still parts of the NE where people store hundreds of gallons of fuel oil in their house to run the furnace, and deliveries of oil don't happen in blizzards. The Marcellus Shale isn't that far, folks

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Delivery McGee posted:

That happened in a grocery store I used to work at once. It was the aisle with the deodorant on it. A can of Axe broke on impact, took off like a rocket, and barely missed hitting a cashier in the head.

Check out the security footage: https://youtu.be/H17mWrB9RbY?t=50s

I worked in a liquor store with a domestic wines shelf as big as the one in the gif. Thousands of bottles of wine on shelves up to 6' high are really goddamn heavy, especially the thicker bottles of more expensive wine which are on the top shelves. If anyone was under those falling shelves in the video, they could have been crushed fairly badly.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nth Doctor posted:

Don't drop it.

At first, I thought that was some kind of wacky radioactive quack medical device from the early 20th century because it looks like a buttplug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rebel Blob posted:

I think that might have been this, which seems like someone's tank-based power fantasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VXJNjWdnHM

Take that GDI! *mission accomplished*

• Locked thread