Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

That is one lucky goddamn catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gorilla Salad posted:

From the schadenfreude thread, one of the most hair raising videos I've ever seen.

No violence, no death or serious injury, but it took my breath away.

No serious injury unless you count my heart exploding from the stress of imagining doing that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dillbag posted:

For those of you can stomach it, I think this list of flight recorder last words was posted here before.

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you look at that page and it bums you out, just look at this one and remember the time good ol Sully saved everybody. :unsmith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Dark One posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Southeast_Airlines_Flight_529#Casualties

Dude axed a hole through the cockpit windshield despite a dislocated shoulder and managed to return to flying duty. :unsmith:

quote:

While he was being rescued, Warmerdam said to fire chief Steve Chadwick, "Tell my wife, Amy, that I love her." Chadwick replied, "No sir, you tell her that you love her, because I'm getting you out of here." The emergency crews successfully pulled Warmerdam out of the aircraft ... Despite his injuries, Warmerdam survived the plane crash.

Hot drat, this is like seeing the stinger at the end of a movie for the first time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Slow Mo Guys is basically "safety? what's that?", which is great.

Here's one where Dan almost loses fingat by failing to drop a firecracker from his hand and into a glass jar of paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLemSAMaKfY

Here's another where he fumbles a pan of burning oil all over himself because a bee scared him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_lFUGkur_8

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alternate title: How to make cthulu dookie

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fishstick posted:

Careful when pouring molten aluminum

http://i.imgur.com/2l8QSrp.webm

I thought I was about to watch someone get T-1000'd, goddamn.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"Airline lies and pretends it follows safety procedures as is always the case with any plane accident ever"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For example, not clicking on that link is a good way to protect your eyes from the horror that lurks within

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He was getting out of the way of the excavator's shovel because it would've hit him where he was originally standing, but Mak0rz's idea paints a better picture.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Somewhere, Victor Frankenstein is shouting "It's alive!!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The pump handle is probably blocking light from getting to the hole, so she in her infinite wisdom figured that the best way to check if the gas was nearing the top was to use her lighter as a light source. Instead of like, her cell phone. Or checking the meter. Or just waiting for the pump to shut itself off as all gas pumps do when the tank is full by design.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah I don't get why it was renamed, is it named after a post in the thread or

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ohhhh! S'shuh! *does that motion where you gesture to the air and roll your eyes as if to say 'ha ha silly me'*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Champenema posted:

This picture practically fits the Golden Mean, very visually stimulating.
Obvious the dumpster is just stuck there and the operator is checking out the forums waiting for the boss, but drat if that isn't the impression that he's gonna get crushed.

I mean even so, standing directly where it would fall and splat you is possibly tempting fate a little.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What a horrible idea for a lift system.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

KoRMaK posted:

They're horirble people because they, what? They died doing something that was really meaningful to them?

The thing they died doing that was really meaningful to them is so incredibly dangerous that the corpses of other people who died trying it are immovable because people don't want to also die trying to retrieve their frozen bodies that have been laying there for dozens of years. Personal significance doesn't exempt you from being a dumbass.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Segmentation Fault posted:

engaging in diving and BASE jumping is extremely dangerous and you're a retarded human if you do anything that could endanger your life *takes bite out of hot pocket while swilling mountain dew, scratches rear end after sitting still in chair for eighth consecutive hour*

it's so rare to see a post containing words that just means totally nothing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bitterandtwisted posted:

Do extreme sports fans actually die younger than average? I mean, they tend to be very fit as well as cool, attractive and popular. Maybe the selfish ones with low life expectancy are the sadbrained fat goonlords??

Once you graduate high school you'll find this isn't actually as true as you might think right now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kerrow posted:

I posted about this a while ago, but the video finally leaked. Truck driver enters crossing, stops midway instead of going through the barriers, gets hit by passenger train going 90 MPH.

:stare:

edit: had to remove the url tags because it was way too huge.

Why isn't luck like this ever given to people who aren't goddamn idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, those certainly have a literal 0% chance of ever working in a crisis, that's for sure

• Locked thread