Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Kameh posted:

just up I-10 W a few hours.

Just keep going on the ten and I'll see you in Los Angeles, we tee off at 7:48A tomorrow morning :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

I live on I-10 in the Florida Panhandle. I feel ya. Talk about a boring drive.

I feel you, I used to live in Tallahassee :)

Kameh posted:

He wouldn't be there until 7 pm tomorrow!

WELL WHOSE FAULT IS THAT

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Summit posted:

Unsolicited advice is the worst. No matter how bad someone is playing, unless they ask, ignore their mistakes and try to have fun.

This, forever.

I usually ask them when they qualified for their teaching certification.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

torgeaux posted:

My dad put a wedge shaft on a 2 iron and could hit low punches with it beautifully. It was his rescue club and he'd hit around the green with it.

This is a really interesting idea. I might see if I can get my club fitter to build me one for fun haha

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Halo14 posted:

Who's the dickhead who left his 56 deg Taylor Made TP EF Grind wedge next to a green and forgot to pick it up? This guy :(

Think I'll just get a Cleveland or something cheap to replace it.

I did this with my 60 deg but it was like a $4 club from the used golf store and STILL nobody turned it in :(

Bilirubin posted:

But the driver is taking mad peels to the right, even with the slowest of swings and an extremely forward ball placement.

Open club face and closed club path. Choke up and hit a double out to right field with that bad boy, and make sure you get the face closed! :)

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

DJExile posted:

fuuuucccccccck yesssssss

RE: this year's US Open

:getin:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

http://www.friedegg.co/golf-courses/erin-hills-course-thoughts

Good little write-up from Fried Egg on Erin Hills

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Lefty and Bones broke up!

https://www.apnews.com/ddd595d5e45b...edium=AP_Sports

quote:

Phil Mickelson and his caddie have decided to part ways after 25 years of one of the most famous player-caddie relationships on the PGA Tour.

Mickelson and Jim “Bones” Mackay say the decision to split was mutual and not based on an incident.

Mackay, who is not retiring, is the only full-time caddie Mickelson has had in a career that has brought him 45 victories worldwide, five majors and a spot in the World Golf Hall of Fame. Mickelson says his brother, Tim Mickelson, will caddie for him the rest of the year.

Mickelson did not play the U.S. Open to attend his daughter’s high school graduation in California. Mackay was at Erin Hills scouting the golf course on the odd chance Mickelson was able to make it in time.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

So Speith had a nice shot today

JT called it on Twitter too

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Summit posted:

I see so many able bodied people riding carts. I just don't get it. My wife and I played a par 3 course. It was a balmy 75 degrees out. People still riding in carts. Carts should be for old and handicapped people only.

1000%

I'm only in a cart if the temperature is over 100. My whole group walks. gently caress carts.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

I walked 9 Saturday morning in Florida. I drank a gallon of water and didn't piss once.

Quoted for Los Angeles

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

DJExile posted:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/people-on-twitter-are-more-outraged-by-lpga-dress-code-than-golfers/amp/

The LPGA instituted a dress code that basically says no cleavage, no booty shorts, no leggings unless under shorts or a skirt, and no workout clothes. Most of the players are fine with it. Twitter wasn't.

Quote of the year from Christina Kim though.

You know, I never considered it before, but side-boob ventilation might be what I need when I'm walking in Los Angeles and it's 100 degrees out and I'm schvitzing like loving crazy.

I'm gonna go cut some holes in my golf polos, brb.

EnsGDT fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 19, 2017

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Unironically side boob venting probably helps at a lot of really hot events.

Christina Kim doesn't dress "sexy" though so of course she doesn't care.

Oh, I'm sure. I can't even golf in pants. gently caress that poo poo.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Can't you buy a stand bag and take the stand mechanism off it?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

DJExile posted:

Yeah that's amazing. I'd love to see driving irons come back into vogue

I play a driving three iron and it's loving awesome. I also don't hit it 340 yards though.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I will play Supersofts until Callaway decides for some insane reason to stop making them.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Wow!

How is Tallahassee these days? I went to FSU for grad school GO NOLES

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

mattfl posted:

That was a hell of a win for DJ. Holy poo poo that drive on 18 in sudden death.

That drive was... Insane.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

DJExile posted:

yeah lob wedges in bunkers is wonderful

Seconded, lay that poo poo open and swing as hard as you can

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

My featured headcovers are from the "Ugliest ones in the giant box of headcovers at the used golf club store" collection cause gently caress the haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

I am (yet again) hoping he's healthy. But... see thread title. :saddowns:

Also, his driver in 2000: 43.5 inches length, D4 swingweight, 7.5 degrees loft, steel X-100 shaft tipped an inch. He swung *that* 123 mph.

This is an insane club build, Jesus.