Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Spoeank posted:

The Telethon is pretty great because it gives a good idea about a wide swath of characters. That list of characters includes a news anchor, and that new anchor's name, is Perd Hapley.

This post contains a reference, and the story of that reference is that it was well-executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Zedd posted:

Without the ending of that season I hope. :unsmith:

Oh god, that series finale is just crushing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

So Dr. Richard Nygard is a real person? Or has Craig been teleconferencing with Chris?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

CommaToes posted:

Yeah, but the whole data mining/invasion of privacy thing was glossed over pretty quick.

Just like in real life! :smith:

Kristen Bell is one of the best recurring guest stars on this show.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

swickles posted:

Anyone else think Craig's character is a lot better this season? Dr. Richard Nygard has done some good work.

I previously found him annoying and grating, but I think he's great this season.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Mark just didn't really gel with the rest of the characters, I think- he was kind of a holdover from season 1 that didn't really get changed to fit the new direction of season 2, and replacing him with Ben and Chris is IMO where the show really starts firing on all cylinders.

Tom's a funny and good character, but a lot of that is based on the fact that he's a godawful human being.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Other than Dennis Feinstein (because I love Jason Mantzoukas), I think my favorite occasional guest character is Dan Castellaneta's NPR host. He just nails the cadence and style so perfectly.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

swickles posted:

We still don't know the whereabouts of the Saperstein twins.

And neither does the law!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I was thinking of the Office episode, "Threat Level Midnight", where they're watching the terrible spy movie Michael wrote and got everybody to act in.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Hey it's possible the next episode will be this show's "Ozymandias"

Gerry revealed to be the King of Kings.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Tokelau All Star posted:

When they did the first flash to the mayor in the casket I thought, "Hey it's Brian Doyle-Murray! Awesome!" Then a couple seconds later I got even more excited!

I wish he'd be in more things. I can't get enough of the guy.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

i thought Li'l Sebastian might be a reference to Lil Bub, but Bub postdates that tiny horse.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, 10PM? Dammit, The Voice!

Seriously, what the hell?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I dug the news ticker in the background of Gerry's tenth inauguration, with Bill Belichek denying that the Patriots employ aliens.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

precision posted:

I was happily surprised when Bobby Newport showed up in the Johnny Karate episode, I can't comprehend why they cut his segment instead of Craig's. I mean I liked Craig's but come on, nobody cares about Craig.

Well, Typhoon, obviously.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I wanted to know what Adam Baldwin did and lmao:

What a weird claim to fame. I assumed a random tumblr blogger came up with that, not the guy from Chuck.

I imagine nerds mostly know him as Jane from Firefly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Javid posted:

If you think the public forum people are fictional, look up any local government meeting that's open to the public ever. Holy poo poo :stare:

If anything, the people on the show are unusually reasonable.

There's a guy in Bloomington Indiana who shows up to rant about how Indiana university fired him to interfere with his efforts to end the drug war because the Unitarian church told them to. Sometimes he brings a guitar and sings sings about government mind control.

• Locked thread