Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This scene was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Irish Joe posted:

Can you please explain what was funny about any of the 'treat yo'self' stuff from this week?

Irish Joe continues to be the dumbest poster in TVIV lmao what a dope

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

inthesto posted:

Tom is funny because he's a caricature of what older generations think of millenials.

i dont think the older generation itt gets it but this is not ironic in any way

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Argue posted:

There's an extended cut of Pie-Mary on Hulu, so if you haven't seen the ep yet make sure you watch that version instead. There's about 5 minutes of new content for anyone considering watching it again.

The extended cut is required viewing imo, it has some setup of Ron's puzzle solving abilities and it explains his out of nowhere enthusiasm when April brings him the box clues.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NESguerilla posted:

I couldn't agree with this more. They seem to be intent on giving everyone a fairy tale ending no matter how irrelevant it is. They are just shoehorning all of these storylines in out of nowhere.

This whole season has been some of the worst television I've willfully subjected myself to in as long as I can remember. I hate to be so negative, but I think at this point they have just completely forgotten what made the show good in the first place and it's rarely funny and sappy as hell. They should have ended it 2 years ago. Good riddance.

hahaha you suck at life

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FactsAreUseless posted:

Jim O'Heir is insanely funny and I hope he gets a ton more work now.

He and a director friend are currently kickstarting a movie which he stars in ! Looks to be sort of a good-guy-gone-bad type thing with O'Heir playing a murderer.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the Producers Cut is now up on Hulu, 53 minutes. that's 10 extra minutes of suff

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Jean Ralphio funeral scene is extended by like 30 seconds in the extended cut and it is awesome. Just more of the same, but awesome.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jumba posted:

So is there any explanation for why Gayle looks exactly the same over several decades? Is she part of an immortal race ala Kenneth the Intern/NBC President from 30 Rock?

Just a joke on how she will eternally be out of Garry's league, even when they're both 100.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Argue posted:

Woah, I just noticed that Jamm has a seat at City Council even in the seasons before he shows up. Specifically, it was his seat that Leslie let the model UN students sit in back in season 4, so now I have it in my head that Jamm was so antagonistic because he'd been wanting revenge on Leslie for ruffling up his seat or something.

Yeah; for me it's the only other show with a cast as likable and a story as feel-good as Parks. Except the difference is that while the Parks cast seems awesome in real life, with Chuck, in real life one of them is Adam Baldwin.

I wanted to know what Adam Baldwin did and lmao:

wikipedia posted:

Baldwin is credited with having originated the GamerGate hashtag, which concerns a controversy in video game culture.

What a weird claim to fame. I assumed a random tumblr blogger came up with that, not the guy from Chuck.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BonoMan posted:

Absolutely watch Happy Endings. One of my favorite shows ever. Just be prepared to feel the rage written you realized it got cancelled!

The best couple on TV.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wow im like 2 minutes into Kimmy Schmidt and I love it already. Doing the news stories as a remix was a great idea.

EDIT: YESSS its the theme song!

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 7, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Are you loving kidding me? Are you actually pretending a person who actively sought Kissinger's endorsement is progressive? You're pretending a person who didn't officially endorse BLM ever, who directly contributed to the rise of black imprisonment, who coined the term "super-predators", who voted for the Iraq War, who gave secret $250k+ speeches to Wall Street officials, who bombed the ever-living gently caress out of Libya, who described herself as "center-left to center-right" is a progressive? That's what you're saying here?

She was and is a centrist through and loving through.

I agree with all of this but I also read it in a droning patton oswalt voice and I suggest you all do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The narrator saying it was some attempt at whimsy puts it over the top. such a perfect scene

• Locked thread