Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Bown posted:

Haha wait, for reals? Quick poll: how many of you have this on your top 5 Parks episodes?

Me, it's my number 1 even.

Though if "The Camel" had Chris and Ben in it it would probably be number 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
It's requiem for a Tuesday by the way

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Naet posted:

I loved this, and I loved that he was wearing headphones as if someone had complained about him sometime in between the first episode and the jump to the future.

Another cool little call back was the Norton construction logo on the morning star billboard where brandanaquitz went

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

WHERE THE HELL IS MOUSTACHE??

You guys should be watching Justified

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Something I wish they had done was have the 2025 (was that the year?) reunion conclude with a group photo and mirror that with the final scene of the 2017 group photo.

I also enjoyed the finale a lot, but the more I think about it, I agree with this to an extent. This entire season was already spent ensuring that each character is set up for success. Everyone leaving Pawnee for their next life step was the real end of the story for these characters and their time with the Pawnee Parks and Rec department, so we already had closure on every story arc with a happy ending. Adding that Andy and April had kids, Garry got elected mayor 4 more times, Donna became loaded and went on adventures, Tom became an author and motivational speaker, and Ron retired with a dream job doesn't really add anything to the story of the show, which is why it does feel like fanfiction.

I disagree, one of the main themes running through the show, which was pretty much completely spelled out in Leslie's speech at the university, is how important the love and support of friends is in achieving your goals (incidentally, this is what made a lot of the Jerry stuff hard to take when it switched from laughing at his clumsiness to outright insults).

The entirety of the city council campaign for instance, was a great example of this and why the season was one of my favorites

"Leslie: Guys, it's so much work. I can't ask you to put your lives on hold.
Ron: Find one person here who you haven't helped by putting your life on hold.", and chief trumble's quote about Leslie getting all the favors she wants because she only uses them to help others

The harvest festival as well, by literally putting their jobs on the line to support Leslie's idea, picking up Leslie after she gets booted out of office, the Eagleton merger which was just on a scale of entire towns rather than their small group.

There are plenty more examples of character growth using that same idea, particularly Ron, who becomes a very generous, selfless person once he allows the people he likes to actually become a part of his life.

Even Tom, who is mostly a selfish dick throughout the series, ends up making his true success by literally using his friends personalities as a business model and is able to (mostly) recognise their influence

If the ending was just people enjoying where they're at or just showing how they died it would be completely unsatisfying and run against everything the show has been building to that point, to see how that support for each other actually finally paid off, even if those characters are no longer part of the same immediate group, is what made the finale great for me.

Lucky for you guys I'm phone posting so this ended up being a lot briefer than it could have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

faarcyde posted:

Can someone help me..I am trying to find out which episode it is Ron is renovating the third floor. I think it is mid season six? I can't remember if it is over multiple episodes.

The Wall, episode 15 of season 6.

• Locked thread