Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I don't know if I'm ready to lose my best TV friends. They are like family to me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Super Deuce posted:

That may have been the worst hour of television to ever air.

Get the gently caress out of this thread. It was magical because those are our best friends and we will miss them forever.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Hitfix just put up a wonderful interview with Michael Schur about the background characters in Parks.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/parks-and-recreation-history-part-1-perd-joan-and-the-other-pawnee-crazies/1

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Super Deuce posted:

That was actually the only part of the episode that wasn't actively horrible in every way. Ben has been the only good part of this show this season. Andy is too overboard, April isn't grim enough, Gerry is too featured, Donna is incredibly bland (as she always feared), Ron lost it a couple years ago, Tom has been nowhere, and Leslie has always been a horrible character.

If this season went completely insane with future jokes it would be way funnier. Right now it's like an extra toe growing out of the side of your foot. The series ended last season.

More Ben, less everyone else.
You will no longer be considered "human" by our standards. You are now "sub-human".

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Second part of the Hitfix interview is up on the background characters

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/parks-and-recreation-history-part-2-bill-murray-burt-macklin-more/

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Harris Wittels (Played Harris in Animal Control and he was a Producer on the show) just died. OD'd at his home, found him on the couch :(

He was loving 30 years old.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

"It says here you have "Network Con-neck-tivity Error"."

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Esquire has had a marathon on for the past 3 days. I forgot how much I loved the "flu season part 2"

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/april-and-andys-love-story-was-part-of-what-made-parks-and-rec-special#5rUhm2j2FORQXsw1.99
Another P&R essay from hitfix. This one focuses on Andy and April's relationship.

quote:

"There is a kindness to "Parks and Recreation" that makes it uncommon among TV shows, and I'm not sure there's anything quite this earnest that's come out of this modern wave of improv comic talent. Irony is easy. Cynicism is easy. Sincerity is dangerous and scary, and yet that's exactly what makes "Parks and Recreation" so special, and it's what I'll miss most."

Oh, the feels. Too many feels.

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 24, 2015

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

That was the most satisfying series finale ever. Knowing everything worked out for them in their own way made the loss so much easier to deal with.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I've always heard tales of people who say things like, "30 Rock wasn't really funny" but I've never actually met one of them. I'm surprised to find so many of them in one thread. 30 Rock & Parks were the two most consistent comedies I've ever seen. Even more so than Arrested Development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Concurred posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_-HgRfGBY

Also here's a pretty good compilation of all the citizens. I forgot about the "fence around their fence" guy

This was great an all but it doesn't even have the pawn shop owner in it and he's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

• Locked thread