Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chairman Capone posted:

Looking through season 2 list now, Hunting Trip and Telethon both stand out as potentially good starting-off episodes (though I haven't rewatched either in a while so maybe there's interactions in there that you'd need to be caught up on).

I'm not sure if I'd say End of the World is a good "intro" episode but it's definitely one of my favorites. The whole contemplative tone of the episode was really enjoyable for me and it still stands out as a unique-feeling episode.

The Telethon is pretty great because it gives a good idea about a wide swath of characters. That list of characters includes a news anchor, and that new anchor's name, is Perd Hapley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Timett posted:

I keep having these images of Jean Ralphio in a casket but he's faking his death and at some point jumps out and sings a little jingle.

"...but I was alive the whole TIIIIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIImeeeee"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Unless he's loving with us he absolutely did.

Rest in Peace Mr. Gergich

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Are you loving serious do you even like/watch this show how did all of that do nothing for you?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

They had an entire episode this season showing how successful Tom is now and he got engaged this episode. It's likely Aziz signed on for limited time this season and they did the best they could in that time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

quick and dirty

internet-arguments.gif

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Great finale. Glad to see every starring character leave their Mark before they called it Brandanaquits.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

I imagine nerds mostly know him as Jane from Firefly.

Or from Chuck. He's got two of the "oh god our cult shows" covered with nerds.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you haven't seen Party Down, Veep or Better off Ted go watch them all simultaneously right the gently caress now.

If you want to transition, Party Down has Adam Scott and Megan Mullally and is definitely the best there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The only positive happy show on television is gone. How sad...

Did Modern Family end too? :ohdear:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

whatever7 posted:

I love Party Down. I prefer to think that was where Ben Wyatt worked after Ice Town.

I am going to watch the other cancelled shows first, Better of Ted and Happy Endings.

My only gripe with P&R is we never got an, "are we having fun yet?"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chuck was great. All four seasons of it. Yup. Chuck was a great four-season show.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

L'il Sebastian had more personality and a better on-screen presence than Mark but congrats on the mental gymnastics.

He was worthless and in the end his only lasting impression was to move Ann's plot forward, which was a cool move, because Ann existed mostly to move other characters' plots forward.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sister City is a good episode for exploring that Pawnee is, in fact, a massive crap hole, and not a quaint little town.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A FEW RUNGS BELOW, NAME OF AMY'S SEX TAPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Carl Weathers, never nudes, the cornholer, hermano, take it home, add some broth, a potato, baby you got a stew goin'

• Locked thread