Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

if anyone makes a high stakes EU fantasy thing i dare you to challenge me. i picked the entire dignitas roster last season and i'm not afraid to do it again.

Were you winning fantasy league lose up until you lost ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
In honour of the new thread have some Comic Sans:

"Fanfiction by Jacob Toft-Andersen" http://esportsexpress.com/2015/01/elemental-origins/

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
http://na.lolesports.com/articles/introducing-new-mid-season-invitational

All-star/midseason tourney news. Sounds good.

edit: In shocking news Origen have revealed their toplaner is Soaz

http://na.lolesports.com/articles/introducing-new-mid-season-invitational

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 15, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Rudager posted:

If you guys are bored of the usual meta, you should watch this Chinese league where Sivir is the Queen ADC.

I've really been enjoying watching it the last few days, it feels very different to the usual NA meta, it seems to be very reliant on technical skill more than anything.

Sivir has seen a lot of play in Korea recently as well.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

CODChimera posted:

Season 5: The return of CJ, Gambit and CLG.

CJ, CLG, GMB and WE season 5 Worlds semifinalists.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

What is CLG returning to? When were they ever relevant outside of S1? Or was that the joke?

Never forget WCG 2010 !

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

AdjectiveNoun posted:

I expected it to be in China, actually, so that's surprising.

Yeah I was expecting China as well and then Europe next year.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Riot's own talk show "Primetime League" is live in a few minutes.

http://eune.lolesports.com/

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
:riot:

edit:

"Martin Lynge ‏@RiotDeficio 5m5 minutes ago
I come back to see my twitter notifications exploded - Seems the wrong clip was used in #PTL as we had to pre-tape(record) our EU parts"

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 22, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Yellowstar looks like he knows they're hosed because they let Wickd have Irelia.

At least they didnt let him literally last pick it....oh wait.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

mistaya posted:

I just don't understand what the Lulu was supposed to be FOR. Usually if you do a double-shield comp like that (janna/lulu) you have a protect the X, but Rekkles was on Graves and Wickd was on Irelia so there's no one on the team who NEEDS that much shielding, they just needed more damage out of their midlane.

Target banning Febevin instead of just picking one of those mids for Froggen to carry with was weird.

I can't blame Wickd for this, he got camped and Shook built terribly and didn't countergank for him even when he was crushing Huni in lane.

Yeah Wickd did very well in lane and if Shook didn't afk after his one gank they could've completely shut down the toplane. But terrible play from Shook in both gank patterns and item build combined with a bad champ pick for Froggen lost them the game.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Transient People posted:

EDIT: Also, Freezer is a poo poo Draven. You can't have only one kill in a game this long, :cmon:

Cop on Draven.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Transient People posted:

Game 1: Elements completely poo poo the bed, played awfully, got schooled by nu-Fnatic. Shook in particular was loving nonexistent.

Game 2: Boring-rear end EU Classix game that went like 50 minutes long, Youngbuck fed to win while Soren's Cassiopeia got enormous, Freeze's Draven sucked and got one kill in a 50 minute game. Ryu on H2K outscored Froggen in fantasy draft in spite of being complete rear end all game, somehow.

Game 3 was CW vs H2K. Game 2 was Giants stomping MYM in less than 30 minutes.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Lol that botlane is going to be bloody.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

55 minute game, 4 kills. And I thought EU games could go slow

https://twitter.com/ggCMonteCristo/status/558613083795361793

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Well, they played Cass in OGN this morning, so...

She was played yesterday too. I haven't paid attention to all the changes but I guess she's a legit solid pick now.

Edit: Goddamn I love that Forgiven found a new team.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 23, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
If MyM manage to win it'll be on the back of Horo and SK's lousy vision control.

Edit: get loving punished for your greed.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 23, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

This game is not nearly as close as the gold makes it seem, because SK has 4 dragons of buffs.

And then they got the fifth one.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
"Ryu has some history with Zed"

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Seeing the highlights of the game made me feel disappointed that Febiven didn't use the SKT skin for Zed to troll Ryu.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

games like this make me remember why froggen is good player

Such a shame he's stuck on a bad team. He should really make a team of his own of strong players.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
It's HTC TSM now guys :colbert:

https://www.facebook.com/TSMPRO/photos/a.1422736474632312.1073741829.1408574759381817/1569454709960487/?type=1

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Great P/B from C9. Leave Reksai open so you can get Gnar in first rotation for Balls, let him get a ton of free farm and still watch him play like garbage outside of lane.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

great we're up for a coast game next!! can't wait to see jesiz sit in mid lane and farm some waves for a while and then just sort of exist on the map while stuff happens around him

At least he'll be up against Shiphtur who's an aggresive midlaner that forces action.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Nice traps.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Sunfire and giants belt. Gonna take a while to kill Gnar.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Coast belongs in NA alright

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 25, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Nothing can stop Pobelter this game except for a pause.

So what you're saying is he isn't getting anywhere ?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Che Delilas posted:

Are you saying that everyone else on Gravity is too heavy?

Or too bald.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Danish odds:

Team Dignitas - Team Impulse
-2,25 - 1,60

Team Coast - Winterfox
-2,50 - 1,45

Liquid - CLG
-1,65 - 2,15

Cloud 9 - Gravity
-1,30 - 3,30

Team 8 - Team Solomid
-5,50 - 1,10

Looks like everyone has tonight's games figured out.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Alcatrash posted:

24 minute games are really rare these days. Does this mean TiP are really good or that Dignitas are terrible?

Dig were losing solidly against coast yesterday until coast decided to lose.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

That's some next level Sion play.

The next one wasn't though.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

TheModernAmerican posted:

Hai's always been horrible on Ori, he has no sense of where the ball is.

Or Balls

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
So I guess Gravity will get a free teamfight in 7 min.

Edit: Double 7 zero Agent Hai

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 26, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Transient People posted:

Please god don't let this happen, I need a little bit of normalcy in my LCS.

Dig lost in less 30 min earlier.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Whats wrong with cloud 9. Like from the very start when balls killed himself or when they repeatedly tried to out rotate and run away against a team they should have been able to just fight.

Balls misread the mobafire guide. He thought he had to suicide in lane after suiciding at the jungle camp.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Thank god we have the two titans of gaming, the Danish Duo, the Denmark Death Guard, Bjerg "cmon" son and Good Abs Flex Guy, to ensure that TSM will reign for 10,000 years atop the LCS while cloud 9 falls into the muck and mire...

As a Dane I'm excited to watch my fellow countrymen beat up some North Americans while I build a Lego castle.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
(Hopefully) better communication is the only thing I think Zion is going to add to CLG compared to Seraph unless toplane hyper carries make a return.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Hai's Talon

And his earring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Another thing is because the season is only 18 games for each team each loss counts for more and it likely wont take many more losses to make a top 2 finish difficult.

• Locked thread