Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

... National Urgot Council got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Anyone think we might see a Kalista from Sneaky ever again this season?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

... The coms for WFX at the start

quote:

Coach: Ok guys, if we win today you all get a girlfriend... all five of you... a brand new girlfriend!

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And Dig just got their rear end punished up the wazzo by leaving that Kalista.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Could run it as a split push, Zed down bot and the other four in another lane distracting the team.

Kalista could easily harass while fleeing with Janna making sure Jarvan can't keep close.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

This game so far...

Dig: LET'S FIGHT!
Cloud 9: NAAAAaaaaahhhhhh

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

20 minutes of no fighting and then C9 just wipes out Dig in 7 minutes.

Dig seemed to not have very good communication between their engage... Jarvan would jump in and Gnar is on the other side of the the screen.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Thinking about it... Dig should have gone with an azir in that midlane over leblanc. Or even a Lux to block the movement from C9.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

All of gravity's bans target Bjergsen.... Bjergsen does the little "I'm touched you picked me" move on his player cam.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Winions again

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

C9 seems like it's getting back into a form where they could take down an eastern team. Their past week and a half they've been able to force the other teams into their playstyle. But it's hard to talk about this sort of thing because I think a brawler team like UOL would create more havoc for C9 than a technical team like SKT.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Just pointing out that this is a thing that happened post CLG game for those who want an awkward coach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PxMgkc3z-E

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

By the way, Anyone know if they'll cast the CJ Entus/Najin Nemesis show match?

Draven/Ashe/Blitz/Jinx/Ezreal vs Shyvana/Zac/Malphite/Nocturne/Sejuani

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

They REALLLLLLY want this CLG/TSM hype match to be like the old Lakers/Kings battles of the NBA in the early 2000's...

https://twitter.com/lolesports/status/567019116377038848

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbqGkS1c2w

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

im with ya

scarra really is somethin else
Don't forget the messed up handshake after his first pick/ban phase... where he tried to walk off stage without shaking the hand of the other coach.

quote:

its literally been a few hours its probably going down tomorrow
I think Riot/the LCS is gonna try to get it on their PTL show.

Edit: Also, wanted to say I think Piglet could work for the Liquid team, IF he had a Korean support rather than a Korean Midlaner.

Also, in the CLG/TSM post game interviews, gotta say that not many sports could you get away with saying (effectively) "Working for this company prior to this roster was HORRIBLE!"

Calax fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 16, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Badfinger posted:

Hence my comment about ignorance. He seems completely ignorant to the issue, to the point that he doesn't even know that responding is going to get him in some poo poo. And yeah if he was a soccer fan at all he'd know that blackface is definitely an issue in Europe, particularly some issues in Belgium if I remember correctly.

Conclusion of Doublelift vs Piglet Solo Queue faceoff: Piglet went off and carried pretty hard.

Doublelift did go over the Piglet drama, saying that apparently all the pro's knew what was going on with Piglet and didn't want to say because that'd be bad manners. Then was surprised when the fact that Liquid's coach retweeted the "Piglet ragequits and calls his mid/supp bad!" comment.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

This particular game on Dlifts channel is going to be... special. One player was trolling a C9 Challenger over being kicked out of the series... and the C9 locks in Urgot Jungle.

This is getting more magical by the minute :lol:

Calax fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 17, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Blem: That competitive ruling by Riot
Blem: I'm glad it happened
C9 Solo: ?
Very Stronk Mid: Blem
Very Stronk Mid: u seem like a troll!
Blem: me? never
[Chat hidden by very stronk begging to be carried]
Blem: and it happened
Blem: you're a douche
ZionSpartan:Top
C9 Solo: sigh
C9 Solo: Ok sorry guys
C9 Solo: It's one of these games
very stronk mid: u shouldn't troll soloq
Blem: One where you feed 17 deaths on Kass?
Blem: And intentionally lose the game?
very stronk mid: !
Blem: You have the biggest ego I've ever seen
Zion: <tries to get thigns under control>
Blem: And you weren't in the LCS yet
C9Solo: drat did i walk into my own roast lol
very stronk mid: <Attempts to work with Zion to calm things down>
Doublelift: <same as stronk and Zion>
Blem: Going support, I don't have any junglers to play

Urgot Jungle gets locked in
C9 Solo: Hard told me it was good
C9 Solo: It's a C9 staple!

Go to 2:18:15 and watch the entire pick/ban piece.
http://www.twitch.tv/clgdoublelift/b/625719512

And they won.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

that Fionn article seems spot on IMO. Although I'd say that if Piglet is going to be fielded by anyone he needs to be able to talk to a support that works well with him. Basically I'd say that if you were to ever run a pro-team, don't hire a ADC by himself, always pick up that bottom lane as a double.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

It's the little things that put Koreans so far ahead the other regions.

GE Tigers vs SKT T1: Bengi just walks around a bunch of Kalista sentinels making it look safe to GE.

Fantasy players: You almost certainly want to draft Kev1n who was the top-scoring player in his lane last season.

By the way, the Fantasy thread has less than two full pages half-way through the split so you'll just have to deal with it next split, nerds. It's not getting enough posts once the season starts to need a whole thread and it's not anymore distracting than a derail about Piglet's attitude is.

I love the commentators on that game while they watched that.They actually started calling it metal gear solid and apologising for calling Bang terrible.

Also, part of me wishes I could play Fantasy but I can't... I literally have no friends who play League.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I just wanna get fashion tips from Kikkis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3yPJcQVtU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

It behoves me to point out that Hotshotgg is on twitch right now... with the pink hair still.

http://www.twitch.tv/hotshotgg

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

how would he have gotten rid of it? shave his head?

Wigs.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

MyM is gonna poke you with a stick. Gambit will blow somebody up if they can catch them out.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Gambit is gonna be relying on Edward to do EVERYTHING it seems

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Well that first blood was messy

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

"Diamond... might as well get some smores and pitch a tent because he's camping that bot lane!"

Direct quote from casters.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

it says something when three people just go off on their opponent and fail to kill him.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Vardags... where the hell are you?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I'm watching the FNC vs GMB game right now because I just woke up an hour ago... and Huni is awesome. Seriously the Reddit VOD started with him clapping his hands happily.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xeSt11_ZqE

You know that TSM LEgends series? Well, meet the Team Liquid series that deals with (in part) Piglet's issues and the teams issues in general.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Just gonna say that until the NA LCS starts I'm gonna be watching Piglet on twitch (He dropped the Liquid title). Right now he's playing Brood War with an apm of 265... while in que.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Is it just me or is it that the teams that have the most fun together are generally doing the best? Especially in the NA LCS where TSM and CLG are just having a party and happen to be at the top of the standings.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Disinterested posted:

It's just you. If you look back at some periods of old curse, they had clearly got comfortable living in their mansion and getting drunk and staging parties in their frat house, and they were just living the dream and accepting their middle of the road status. Same for some variations of old Dig.

It's better to be friends, or friendly, so that you work through your differences and communicate with eachother when there are problems. But if you watch TSM's videos from this series, they joke a lot but still argue about stuff when things are going wrong. They just have a better mechanism for working through it.

But that's part of the dynamic. They argue without much rancor because they're all on the same side when it comes down to it. If you're on Liquid (as an example) right now, you're dealing with situations where not everyone is on the same side and wants to play together.

Admittedly I think Team Liquid went about getting piglet and building the team in the worst way possible, but ultimately you want everyone to be wanting to play together and having a good time because they'll play better.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

True, it's a bit reductive but I think that it can't be denied that friendships probably help significantly with team synergy. At the same time you're probably also in a dangerous place if you're to close because if your friend starts getting lax about his play somebody has to be willing to say "Look, dude, we're friends, but you're not the caliber of player we need right now".

I haven't been paying attention to C9's internal issues, I just watch sneaky stream before bed (usually) but I could see where they might be running into issues with Hai (at the very least)

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

Why is Xpecial unprofessional?

Because rather than keeping team issues within the team, he goes out and gripes to anyone who'll give him a soap box about how he wants the world to be his way.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

All I'm hearing from the Casters is "Team liquid team liquid" but all I see when I look at score lines is Jinx 100 cs behind graves. Well 90.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Gotta say, those casters really love them some Team liquid. It felt like they were trying to say Liquid was just dominating the game the entire time but when you looked at the numbers they were pretty close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Xspecial is decent as a support, but Honestly I'd never employ him because he's so tough for everyone to work with.

• Locked thread