Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This documentary is amazing, glad this thread is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Would it be possible to build some sort of trebuchet to fling me to the mountain's peak?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Better yet do a balloon space jump like that redbull guy from a few years ago, but then also have a snowboard and do sick grinds down the line of hundreds of rich idiots

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

you beautiful bastard

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

SaltLick posted:

http://www.startribune.com/nation/288439021.html

The two dudes climbing Yosemite are almost at the top. Cool and safe climbing is just as impressive!

Oh man I forgot about these guys! They've already been at it for like two weeks or something, and there's a pair of Nat Geo film dudes climbing with them so we'll get some pretty amazing videos at some point.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

has anyone died yet

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm picturing Bitter Mushroom sitting in the bank's office wearing full survival suit + O2 tank and stone bluffing "I want to start a small business".

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

illectro posted:

When I was skiing I talked with a lot of teenagers who wore helmets simply so they could attach a Go-Pro to it, one wonders whether the net effect of all those extra helmets will be to save lives, or to cause more injuries from kids showing off on camera.

Someone'sMastersThesis.txt

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

poo poo like that inspires a kind of visceral terror that nothing on else on earth can match. I would literally rather die than go into that hole.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

If I'm taking the BART down there I might as well stop at the Jolibees right at the San Bruno stop first (in tanforan)

Eating Jolibee is more dangerous than mountaineering imo, that poo poo is toxic

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/mountain-climber-heading-to-mount-everest-to-control-his-smart-home/

A solo climb without oxygen so you can test your smart home from the summit? Sure, why not.

I need to know exactly when he plans to summit, so I can light his house on fire

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rondette posted:

edit- How the hell do you just link the URL to the playlist? Every time I copy and paste it it automatically makes it a video that can't play. Sort of fixed it but Id still like to know

I've gotten it to work by using right click>paste as plain text, still a royal pain though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

jre posted:

fremdschämen

Of loving course German has a word for this.

• Locked thread