Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Please describe in your own words what has happened but PLEASE do not use the follwoing words and phrases: gay, homo, bad, stupid, poo poo, crap bullshit, bullcrap, uncool, controls, freerunning, stealth, combat-system, attempting full synchronization. Please use as many of the following words as possible: cool, sick (in a good way), Abstergo Entertainment, unit 0, unit 2, unit 16, unit 17, the "moon landing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Never played the series, I'm afraid. Good luck with your thread.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Space aliens created people to do some kind of labor or terraforming or something. Then the ancient space aliens all died from a sick artificially caused solar flare. Abstergo Entertainment (the templars) want to use the ancient tech to overthrow some kind of literal ghost in the machine AI program they left behind by making the entire world one mind mass. The assassins (Desmond et al) would rather be totally cool stabby "down with THE MAN" fellows and risk the AI killing everyone and rebooting the planet, without humans, by opposing the Templars.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

While we're getting questions asked. Does someone mind explaining the basics of Gamergate to me? I saw the huge thread in GBS and just noped the gently caress out of there before I could understand the whole thing.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You're probably being ironic but either way to head this off and maybe keep the thread on track this is everything you need to know about Gamergate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJCuV8iGiE

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I only played the first like 2 hours of the first game, but from what I can tell your a badass warrior monk w/an insanely dark past and a very dangerous skillset that involves a sweet wrist knife. U must clib the highest of the towers, scale the tallest towers, and infiltrate/kill all the guards of the most evil of the towers to claim victory.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There's history stuff going on, and a ninja that wears all white and prominently displays his private arsenal of swords and knives somehow manages to sneak up on and kill historical people. Meanwhile, in the future, a generic boring douche has to stop Omni Consumer Corp from conquering the world with space magic.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I played a present day mission in Black Flag and it seems like Ubisoft are setting themselves up as being Abstergo Entertainment, which is cool, because they are a branch of the bad guys, I think. I've climbed a lot of towers, but not all of them so I'm still working things out.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Uh, I think you missed the part where Abstergo/Templars are actually the lesser of two evils because they need to conquer and enslave the world to fight off the space alien plans to conquer and enslave the world even worse.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
joweajio;zcnm/klnrjioqwenio[asdvnkl bczxkngfkl'qewnkl'qenmkl'adsgnkl/ vzcx

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

While we're getting questions asked. Does someone mind explaining the basics of Gamergate to me? I saw the huge thread in GBS and just noped the gently caress out of there before I could understand the whole thing.

When this happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6eyOb7RN-k Gamers lost faith in Gaming Journalism, which was bad

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Grandmother of Five posted:

When this happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6eyOb7RN-k Gamers lost faith in Gaming Journalism, which was bad

Lmao.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Kylra posted:

Uh, I think you missed the part where Abstergo/Templars are actually the lesser of two evils because they need to conquer the world to fight off the space alien plans.

I've not played the ones with Ezio, I think. Abstergo/Templars are just less evil than the evil one of the aliens, or you're saying that they are less evil than the assassins too? I guess that every single faction basivally has a "the end justifies the means" creed sonobody is that good except Connor, the black quartermaster and the french lady, who just travel the land and does good deeds without throwing hundreds of lives away in the pursuit of ancient artifacts

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

You might know me, you might not, but my name's Desmond Miles, and I'm the newest addition to the Assassin family. I've been tending bar in various forms since I was 14-years-old, and spent most of the past four years imprisoned and forced into weird coma dreams at Abstergo.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I've not played the ones with Ezio, I think. Abstergo/Templars are just less evil than the evil one of the aliens, or you're saying that they are less evil than the assassins too? I guess that every single faction basivally has a "the end justifies the means" creed sonobody is that good except Connor, the black quartermaster and the french lady, who just travel the land and does good deeds without throwing hundreds of lives away in the pursuit of ancient artifacts
The assassins basically want to let the aliens kill everyone. Only the templars have the guts to do what needs to be done to keep humanity alive.

Also this revelation came about in 3 iirc.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

You jump off the beam into hay

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

But the will of a templar is stronger!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

why are you talking about aliens, asscreed is about being a cool pirate

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There's this big gate made out of the skeletons of past gamers. Once you get the skeleton key you need to high score all the minigames in order to upgrade it to the Gamerkey. Once you have the Gamerkey you can open the Gamergate and access the bonus dungeon.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Kylra posted:

The assassins basically want to let the aliens kill everyone. Only the templars have the guts to do what needs to be done to keep humanity alive.

Also this revelation came about in 3 iirc.

I got a save corruption sometime in 3 and never saw the ending. played like +80% of ac3 and had the farm all upgraded and only figured out Desmon died somehow when hacking some random guys laptop in a Black Flag present day mission :sweatdrop: if the assassins are just surrendering to the aliens I'll be glad to kill them in Assassins Creed: Rogue

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Don't get me started on the time travel tech

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

if the assassins are just surrendering to the aliens I'll be glad to kill them in Assassins Creed: Rogue
No they want to stick it to the aliens too, it's just that they don't want to make any hard choices other than "STICK IT TO THE MAN" with no real plan of how to do so and basically hand the planet over to the super-ai. It was a fitting end for Desmond and really emphasizes what kind of person he was.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

this was one of my favorite parts, but i also liked building a homestead as Connor and helping eveyone out, it made me think of how Sully would be a cool guy to play if a game was set in Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, i don't expect anyone to agree, but i liked Connor...

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Kylra posted:

Don't get me started on the time travel tech

I'm starting to think that the Assassins are incompetent and stupid, because of what you say and how dumb every single Assassin bureau side mission has been so far in Black Flag

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kylra posted:

No they want to stick it to the aliens too, it's just that they don't want to make any hard choices other than "STICK IT TO THE MAN" with no real plan of how to do so and basically hand the planet over to the super-ai. It was a fitting end for Desmond and really emphasizes what kind of person he was.

I dropped the AC series after Brotherhood because I was really getting tired of Desmond.

I only bought Black Flag after Desmond died in the last game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the free dlc for unity is out today, but so far the steam version hasn't gotten it yet. where ubisoft

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

the free dlc for unity is out today, but so far the steam version hasn't gotten it yet. where ubisoft

The full price game with in-game micro transactions has free DLC? wtf.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Evil Eagle posted:

The full price game with in-game micro transactions has free DLC? wtf.

all of the upcoming dlc is free for everyone as a way of apologizing for the game sucking so bad

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Good Guy Ubisoft.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

If you paid for the season pass you got Watch Dogs for free as well

:thumbsup:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unity must be loving terrible. I only played AC1.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
tbh I'd rather have gotten a broken mess after buying an Assassin's Creed game that wasn't 2 than anything else

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Evil Eagle posted:

It's probably the worst in the series, at least since the first game. 2+Brohood and Black Flag were very good however.

It's also buggy and unoptimized as gently caress, and riddled with terrible microtransactions and secondary app tie ins, hence the free poo poo.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
wheres the dlc ubisoft

you said there would be dlc today ubisoft

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

haven't every single AC game been buggy and unoptimized tho? i like the series but every installment i've played has felt like it'd be really solid gameplay wise with not that much more effort & polish but it just falls slightly short on everything. haven't played Unity, Rogue and afair the 2nd of the two Ezio ones

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

People probably still buy this turd

People are stupid

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Evil Eagle posted:

i've only played AC1 and 3, so my standards for this series are incredibly low

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
They really should just stop releasing a new AC or two every year. They obviously are worn out with this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
ac1 was a good game you butts. sorry you can't recognize ART when it's right in your face

• Locked thread