Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Rewatching the original series years later is a magical thing and I can't wait to watch GX again.

Although GX doesn't have the best character ever, Johnny Steps. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

I just marathoned the Battle City finals in the background today since I was home teleworking due to weather, and jesus, I forgot how loving nuts Dark Malik was. And how heart stabby the fake out with Jounouchi's death. All he had to do was say "attack" and he would've won after getting nuked by a god. :black101:

Joey has by far the best duels in the series, especially in the Dartz arc. Real men play card games by punching each other! :black101:

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I remember watching the anime when I was like 13 and being disappointed that I couldn't pull off the giant flying zombie castle bullshit with my actual cards.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Zedd posted:

Pre Battle City they where allowed to summon 5+ stars without sacrifice to their hearts desire iirc.

It's amazing how little difference there is between Kaiba, and Abridged Kaiba in general.
He is just an allround dick with a fetish for the Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Kaiba created an entire amusement park just to kill Yugi and his friends with high stakes, life or deathshadow realm laser tag. He is undeniably the greatest character in the franchise.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

the wildest rear end posted:

Honestly, the shadow realm is probably worse than straight up dying.

The shadow realm is actually the party realm, true hell is wherever Zexal came from.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Endorph posted:

currrent yugioh owns hard if you play skull servants

and why the gently caress wouldnt you play skull servants

Because I'm too busy having fun with my spell/trapless superheavy samurai deck. I'm aware of how many ways someone can wreck me, but oh my god is it fun.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

yugioh has infested every part of my body

it is eating away at my soul

help

help

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

At least you don't have a giant card box yet.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I spent a bunch of old gift cards on well, cards and I did not get a single wind weasel somehow. At least I have a million knock-off Saint Seiyas and a pink dolphin (Spiritual Beasts are now my favorite, oh my god).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Is the manga actually better?

Yuri is an upbeat gentleman that is wholly dedicated to protecting Yuya but still won't take poo poo from Sora (who is one of Reiji's goons alongside Shun and Sawatari), Yugo is an attention seeking showman that drives off a cliff because he's too busy looking amazing, and Yuto is a giant nerd who also wants to protect Yuya but needed to be rescued by Yuya taking control again.

Yuzu is pretty much Mr. Krabs.

So yes.