Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

All of this kind of makes me want to play gem-knights or shaddolls. Fusion is a satisfactory summoning method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

PLAY GEM-KNIGHTS.

They're so fun, especially with all of their newer support.

But I just finished assembling the cards needed for ghostrick monarchs. I don't think much of my current collection would work in a gem-knight deck.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

How long is it probably gonna be until Lose 1 Turn goes down in price? Love to pick one or two of those up for Monarchs.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

How is this deck? Is there anything obvious that I'm missing, any potential extra deck cards that might be useful? None of the cards in my main deck actually forbid extra deck cards, so if there's anything useful I don't need to summon that would be ideal.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lose 1 Turn is my new favorite card. One of the only things that can keep Nekroz from wiping the floor with my Monarchs.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

The fact that they are even aiming at a female audience is something I appreciate.

And I suppose that is better than having all the fanservice directed at a single gender, like it happens in the West.

The whole sentai thing is great. The shows are designed for young children, directly competing with Pokémon in the that block, but also designed to please their secondary audience, the young mothers watching alongside them.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

I like to think Yuzu and Selena at least was the staff collectively realizing "Oh, girls like this game too", but it was probably a coincidence.

The calendars they keep releasing in otomedia where Yuya's going on dates with all the other male members of the cast is definitely aimed at girls though. :v:

You can't say something like that and not post it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Oh my god.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

For Lose 1 Turn, is there any reason to run a full set of three instead of just two besides Nekroz matchups? Or is the card really that helpful against the other decks in the Meta.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

So, uh...you're supposed to bounce it with card effects, I guess?

You can still tribute or banish it, I think.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm going to my first locals today. i don't have a dark hole for my side deck but other than that and a bogus extra deck I have everything I need! I've not played this in real life in over a decade, I'm excited!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

Good luck man! What are you playing?

Monarch Ghostrick.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Silento posted:

Hoping to make a good first impression, are you? :v:

It's the only cards I still own. Also the only deck that isn't tribute stun or a burn deck I know how to run. :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

This Locals is Shaddolls, Burning Abyss, Nekroz, and Nutella.

Help.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

loving Shaddoll OTK.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Welcome to Yugioh. Just be glad there's at least some variety this banlist. I never want to go back to E-Dragon format again.

No it was really really fun I was just woefully under-prepared. Though the top shaddoll player there looked at my deck afterwards and it was very much a "...yeah, you just had awful luck didn't you." for how it turned out our first round. the second round i didn't draw any ghostricks and he drew all the star seraphs. I played Nutella, Shaddolls, and a Chain Burn deck that I was one turn away from beating in the third match but he got lucky. I know what to do to prepare for Shaddolls and am not gonna worry about loving Chain Burn too much, might change one or two side cards for that. Went 1-3 but it was so much fun!

How do you play against Nutella anyway. Though I might've won first match if it wasn't for multiple copies of that trap that makes you set spells.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ghostrick?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

It's my favourite deck and you're a butt.

As somebody who was reintroduced to this game through burn decks, it's a terrible deck if a bit easy to sidedeck against. It's not fun to play against, it's two people playing solitaire until somebody wins.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Any deck that isn't about summoning the biggest, baddest dragon is degenerate garbage and belongs in the trash.

I'll make an exception for decks that are about summoning cool powerful wizards.

What about giant demon kings.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Demons are BASICALLY dragons, if you think about it.

Sure why not.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

For me, my local meta never had the crazy decks like Nekroz or Shaddolls, it was just a bunch of fun decks. One guy had a deck consisting ONLY of cute cards (this included Spells/Traps as well as Monsters). He was pretty crazy with it.

So, my Side Decks tend to consist of cards I couldn't fit in the main deck since I like to keep it at 40 cards.

Think you could get his decklist? That sounds great.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

That goes in my monarch deck.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

free basket of chips posted:

With a ritual summon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees