Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-release-date-2/

march 24th

also system specs

Minimum Specs

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB

Recommended Specs

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

wow that sucks. i'm going to be busy with bloodborne to play it on release day.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That sucks, was looking forward to playing this online

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hey op when it comes out, post a thread about how it is getting delayed again

by the massive download size

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

hubris.height posted:

hey op when it comes out, post a thread about how it is getting delayed again

by the massive download size

i used to think it was to make games more difficult to pirate but ive learned that massive download sizes have become more commonplace these days because uncompressed vs compressed audio makes enough of a performance difference for them to do it for crappy computers

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
oh no the 18-month wait for their lovely PC port that will probably be plagued with bugs that mostly won't get fixed, and design issues due to being a console port that definitely will never be resolved, just got delayed again

if you pay more than $5 for this garbage you're a dumb rear end in a top hat

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dexters Secret posted:

crappy computers

quote:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol what the gently caress are they doing that absolutely necissates a quad core

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this sucks i was really looking forward to finally playing gta v. set aside $60 this month and everything

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
stealing your cycles.

cpu cycles. grand theft amd

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

sword_man.gif posted:

lol what the gently caress are they doing that absolutely necissates a quad core

idk. isn't directx supposed to be bad at using multiple cores?

i doubt there's gonna be any truly significant performance difference between that and a dual-core of around the same speed, i think they're just basing their specs off stuff that's actually on the market right now.

or maybe it has something to do with cpus they optimized for?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
my point being you can't say it's 65gb to help with the audio for bad computers when they say "we require a quad core" yes i know it'll probably run on a dual core but it's not for optimization, it's because it was the easiest way to pinch off yet another really turdy pc port to scoop up some extra money

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

jesus christ 65gb? that is outrageous

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol if you dont have a quad core in 2015 AD

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

sword_man.gif posted:

my point being you can't say it's 65gb to help with the audio for bad computers when they say "we require a quad core" yes i know it'll probably run on a dual core but it's not for optimization, it's because it was the easiest way to pinch off yet another really turdy pc port to scoop up some extra money

idk dude. its not like its hard to compress audio. performance reasons makes sense

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Buy a console fuckwit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Human Grand Prix posted:

Buy a console fuckwit.

i have the only console worth owning in the year of our lord 2015

a wii u

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Eonwe posted:

a wii u

this will be a good year for the ps4

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

yea I'm ok with this

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

George: Well, I have to do it! GTA can't make January. There's no way it can make January. Right? I mean, you can see that, right? I mean, look at the game. Look. Look. Can this game make January? It can't make January. Right? Look. Look.
Jerry: Yeah, you'd better shoot for March.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

a wii u

It's PS4 time.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Dexters Secret posted:

this will be a good year for the ps4
no man's sky is also coming out for pc though, and rumor is they won't be taking the better part of two goddamn years to get it done

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kilroy posted:

no man's sky is also coming out for pc though, and rumor is they won't be taking the better part of two goddamn years to get it done

is that a game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

is that a game

it's another space minecraft, but i guess people think it will be different this time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i kind of fully expected the specs for this game to be pretty intense. a modern open world game with tons of music and audio files and textures needs a lot of space and a quad core, maybe a good video card. woah. this is loving bullshit. i should be able to run this on the poo poo i built in 2007

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

No Such Thing posted:

it's another space minecraft, but i guess people think it will be different this time

you can do things in minecraft tho

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its space dear esther

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Its gonna be great when everyone finds out at once that no mans sky is just a single-player exploration game.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

No Such Thing posted:

:smith:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it looks cool, but why would you get your hopes up for indie space minecraft

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
no man's sky is the next Noctis and I'm excited

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Its not even space minecraft.

Its space endless ocean.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Its gonna be great when everyone finds out at once that no mans sky is just a single-player exploration game.
I think everyone pretty much already found that out, or they're ignoring everything the devs say about it

my expectations for it are guarded, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy farting around in a spaceship looking at dinosaurs more than I would like yet another phoned-in PC port of a two year-old game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i want to fly through space and explore planets

i know its gonna be pretty shallow especially cause its generated mostly by the system and not designed to be interesting but i really like planet exploration poo poo. everyone is right tho its not gonna have much gameplay at all

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Lots of people think its an mmo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

i want to fly through space and explore planets

i know its gonna be pretty shallow especially cause its generated mostly by the system and not designed to be interesting but i really like planet exploration poo poo. everyone is right tho its not gonna have much gameplay at all

go get a bucket of sand then then dump it out and explore the sand dunes and then you can scoop it up and explore a brand new planet whenever you want

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

regardless of whether it is good or bad, one thing is certain: the games thread of it will be very depressing and terrible.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

No Such Thing posted:

regardless of whether it is good or bad, one thing is certain: the games thread of it will be very depressing and terrible.
consider the source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

No Such Thing posted:

dont you mean as hilarious as the current star citizen thread

• Locked thread