Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ghostpilot posted:

It's one of those things that was much worse at the time due to the all the drama behind the scenes, the events of the time, hubris etc. All of that stuff aside, it's just a pretty unremarkable movie.

The trailer makes it look like it's loving unbearable

EDIT: and I've seen the trailer a million times so I should know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how Jack was obviously trying to get Mike to crack up with that extended "ohhhh" but Stoklasa had none of that poo poo and turned it around by loving smashing that beer bottle.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Plinkett and RLM in general are good and funny and talented handsome people with great insights into the art of making movies

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The Escapist is Zero Punctuation and

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
BillyMC ended up looking kinda fratbro-y, right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So hey I hear that despite of (or due to) his patreon Moviebob owes an absurd amount of taxes
Can we talk about taxes again

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Please stop posting Cyron.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And I think Patreon takes their cut of the money AFTER taxes so 1 thousand dollars in Patreon isn't actually very much but still too for some of these people.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
If a kickass movie came out in the late 70s and 80s and it had a bitching poster chances are it was made by a Mr. Druze Struzon. And they want to pay 100 dollars for that quality of artwork? loving Christ.
What really gets me is the way they phrase it. Poor dumb artist will receive 100 dollars because hey might as well get something out of your days of labor. We're so good here at Channel Awesome ain't we?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Baka-nin posted:

New Pre-Rec is up. This time Rich and err the bald guy talk about the ********* a recent release by Nintendo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3w8ZNYoFEQ

Can't click this because I'm at work but what's the game or gimmick here

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
That Jay Bauman has one sharp haircut

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
He knew everything. A lot.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Wrageowrapper posted:

It started on their Star Wars Christmas special (the first part), no one wanted to talk about the film so they just kept replaying the Ishtar trailer and it sort of grew from there.

Edit. Why do I know this?

Probably because you watched the Star Wars Holiday Special BotW?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
At this point I kinda do want the super hero movie bubble to pop

EDIT: They are joking about all those Star Wars spinoffs, right?

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 22, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Violet_Sky posted:

My mom watches CSI:Cyber. That should give you an idea of who the target audience is.

well that tells me nothing because I don't visit your mother for her conversational skills

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I had the Ninja Megazord when I was a kid.

I remember it being pretty lovely because the arms were actually shorter than the "chest", the bear's head, so it could never punch anything, just bellyslam.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Quiet is always half-naked because there are parasites inside her that basically turn her into a plant: she photosynthesizes and requires plenty of water and oxygen, absorbed through her skin because she basically has no organs left.
There are at least two other characters who have her condition, but they are fully clothed at all times, make of that what you will.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, there's actually a reason to that. Their lungs work properly. Hers got burned to poo poo by Ishmael lighting her on fire in the prologue. It's still dumb as hell though.

Pretty sure a tape mentions that Skull Face is also all hosed up inside and is only alive due to the parasites, much like Quiet.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
AIDS Moby has made many powerful enemies this day.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
A big complaint about mgsv is that there are very few cutscenes, and most plot is given to you via cassette tapes you can play at any moment.
But yeah when there are cutscenes they are kinda long (shut uuuup skull face)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Quiet's seriously as annoying and repetitive a topic to discuss as gamer gate

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like the robot butler and I liked how his voice sounded when you ran into him 200 years later.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Living oatmeal cookie Itagaki is the pettiest game developer in Japan, dude shittalks more than Noel Gallagher

Even more than whatshisface metroid guy who declared the amazing prime games non canon in favor of his disasterpiece other m?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mad Lupine posted:

Holy poo poo. This is the best review a new Star Wars movie could possibly get. Now I'm definitely watching it ASAP.

That "I loved it. *stifled, self-conscious smile* It was everything I hoped it would be" was worth more than any 70 minutes star wars review.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Transformers 3 is the worst movie I've ever seen because it was incredibly long and I felt like the actors, dialogue, direction and writing were purposefully trying to piss me off

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm sure he had quite the carefree innocent childhood as a slave with an implanted explosive in him.

He had hobbies and free time and a big roof under his head and three squares a day and was aware of it enough to joke about getting his head blown off and was treated with respect and actually built a slave himself plus it's a fantasy setting

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

We've got so many loving hours of interviews and behind the scenes footage that show George Lucas was attempting something like this. Hate the prequels all you want, but gently caress this "George Lucas just threw random stuff at the screen" meme, it's loving stupid. Say instead how he failed or whatever.

Sure, I too think child labour is great.

Anakin did the equivalent child labor of honey your uncle needs some help at his store would you be a dear?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like I'm not defending child labor or slavery or anything but the writers sure did a bad job at expressing Anakin coming from a troubled background

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mike sounding upset and laughing awkwardly to try to make sense of why someone would create exploding varmints part 1 gives me hope that he isn't as broken and depressed as he acts

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am happy when people's content on YouTube gets flagged because I'm jealous that they get to make a living talking about things on the internet while I have to work a nine to five, assuming I'm not on government assistance because there is something super wrong with me

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
-MisterBibs

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

OldMemes posted:

I think Lordkat's problem is that he blurred the lines between himself and the loud mouth shock jock persona he played up, until it became impossible to tell the two apart.

James Rolfe does it really well - it's clear that the AVGN and Board James are characters, not himself. Like how they are more videos of Rolfe as himself than there are in character, the AVGN has an actual costume, and he stays away from social media aside from thanking fans or indirect statements. Rolfe stays out of drama, and he's professional online, and I think that's a big part of his success.

Plus even when he does interact with people as the AVGN, he plays up the nerd part more and is more of a crass sweetheart.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

PassTheRemote posted:

What is the Roman Catholic version of Nanomachines son?

Holy Spirit, son

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I bet movie Bob is the kind of guy that writes a novel about his experience playing super Mario Bros 3.
I bet movie Bob compares the competition between Sega and Nintendo to Vietnam
I bet movie Bob reminisces about how he spent his grandma's funeral playing Nintendo instead

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Grouchio posted:

What's the best film review so far for Batman vs Superman?

The one you compose in your mind after watching the movie, preferably with a hot bowl of popcorn and a cold drink

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I read a condensed version of hatchback of notre dame in third grade and that was the day I learned Disney adapts and modifies the hell out of things.
Even the fricking goat gets hanged

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Infamous Sphere posted:

Holy poo poo. It's certainly a horrible rule - whenever you think Dingo can't get any worse, they somehow manage it. Thank God Wabuu wasn't somehow in this one as well though. OR WAS HE?

That man should shave his hair, at the least wash it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh my god somebody help that asphyxiating woman

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
AIDS Moby picking up his loving teeth after Rich Evans knocked them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I haven't finished watching the new BotW, but I'm kinda disappointed that the Dangerous Men riot preview looked pretty fabricated, compared to the Pocket Ninjas one where even passive weak man Jack got in on the action

• Locked thread