Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Rap Critic's Top Nine Rap Songs is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Apparently Channel Awesome is looking to start a Patreon :lol:

They made an executive decision. I see nothing wrong with that.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Cyron posted:

He is history's greatest monster.

Go on...

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

The biggest issue I have with Todd's list is that Come with me now isn't even mentioned. Easily my favorite rock song this year.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Testekill posted:

You can't really justify Madness, sure Our House was their only song to chart in the US but they've had ten top five hits in the UK . It would be like doing Wonderwall by Oasis, it was their only hit in the US but they were megastars in the UK.

Ehh. Oasis falls more into the Jimi Hendrix- type of one hit wonders. I'm pretty sure Todd has reviewed guys who were stars overseas before.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I think a huge part of NC's original appeal was that he was talking about stuff that there weren't already a ton of opinions out there about it. He was the first to talk about a lot of things he reviewed at the beginning so he was kinda fresh. But a lot of his recent stuff is stuff that he can't bring any new insight to. So he's pushing really hard to be funny and it's not working.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

DStecks posted:

To switch out of gibbis mode for a moment, if you're legitimately offended by the word "stupid", then you're probably among the top 0.001% of the most privileged people in the universe.

HEY. What gives you the right to judge somebody like that? They're not stupid, they are logically challenged.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

So all the poo poo Doug says about how the Critic is nothing like him is bullshit. Good to know.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Cubey posted:

Warren Zevon is too well-known and respected a musician for him to be a great subject for a OHW episode, I think.

If he won't do Modest Mouse he won't do Warren Zevon.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Does anybody know why Brad agreed to do that show? If he's doing it for free he's the nicest guy on the planet cuz his adlibs are the only remotely entertaining parts of the whole drat thing.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

You know if they released a really well done game show today and yesterday's was an April's Fool joke it would actually be pretty awesome. But it's not going to happen.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Holy poo poo.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Cubey posted:

I hope he does anything at all soon, his output has slowed to a crawl since he hopped on Patreon. I assume it's prolly because he's working on a new top 10 worst list and those are a lot of effort, but still.

Didn't he say he was writing a book of some sort?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Creep by TLC?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Speaking of movies when is the AT4W movie coming out?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Rap Critic is pretty decent, he's still on that site.

Just barely. He has his own website and it seems like it takes weeks for his new episodes to be uploaded to CA.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Alacron posted:

"I've got an idea! What if I were to dig up Lupa's phone number and start harassing her into giving me permission to watch Nostalgia Critic videos, that'll get rid of this pesky guilt!"

:psyboom:

It’s lovely but I’m pretty sure that’s a Twitter dm. Which is slightly less creepy

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

If they actually want an anniversary anybody will care about they have to fire Michaud and make amends with everyone they’ve pissed off. So nobody will care.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

So did Tony Goldmark.

https://twitter.com/tonygoldmark/status/982686726576422912?s=21

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

TheMaestroso posted:

So, the count of people who have left CA today appears to be:

Nash
Calluna
The Dom
Some Jerk (Tony)
Rocked (Luke)
Last Angry Geek

So that leaves, what, ~20 people left on the site?

Looking at the site Sursum Ursa and Il Neige aren't there anymore either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

lornekates posted:

Two comments:

1) They're down 25k subscribers. Which isn't much, compared to their 1M+ subscribers, but that's more subscribers lost than most content creators will see in their lifetime. And it's the only time in-- forever?-- the subscriber count has gone down.

2) Tony Goldmark leaving. Read his tweet thread and boy oh boy did it miss the point. His grievance boils down to "SOME of the stuff looks bad, I guess. I was going to stay, but when I asked management for a personal response, they didn't send one right away. How DARE they do something to snub ME? That's way over the line. I'm leaving. But still, all those #ChangeTheChannel people who just want to watch the channel burn, gently caress 'em."

So Tony, if you were so hard up for an apology, are you going to offer one for calling Allison (and others) a paraphrased "crazy bitch who is only doing this because she has some sort of grudge".

Tony?

He put up a twitter poll asking if he was being an rear end in a top hat about the whole #ChangetheChannel thing. Currently, he’s losing.

• Locked thread