Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Is Wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon worth a flick through? I'm a sucker for the Durarara illustrator and that caught my eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
About half way through Wrong Dungeon #1 and there's a YuGiOh reference just casually in there.

:allears:

Bonus points to Yen Press for catching that.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Isn't like one of the "Things" with D&D Is some so and so casting his fist as a magic spell or somethng to that effect?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So are they going to make it up as they go along or did the guy leave an outline?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So it's EVO: The search for Eden in Japanese YA Novel form? Sounds fun.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So apprently Shield Hero #1 is out today but I can't find it in the Kindle Store and they're saying it's some time in Nov. and there's no Ebook version which is an instant not buy.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Read Dawnbringer #1 and, yeah Korean YA authors are just as likely to engage in stupid bullshit as their Japanese compatriots.

There's a good story here but it's drowning in paragraphs in not Sousuke Sagura thinking with his pants and an utterly baffling sequence about sweat.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I read volume 1 and I have to greatly disagree that there is a good story there. It is just harem bullshit with a generic op mc.

I will admit that I am probably seeing more promise in the whole to-do with a military state gone rouge than is probably due.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 30, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

It was going so well as a happy go lucky slime story and then it sort of went off the rails, shot off the cliff and slammed into the abyss in very short order.

"What is Japanese Young Adult Novel Writing, Alex?"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mygna posted:

This one is pretty drat funny. I don't think I will get tired of NPC's reacting to the crazy-hobo antics the protagonist gets up to in the name of powergaming. Like asking to use the confession booth at the church - a space where it's impossible to lose HP, MP or Stamina - to rapidly grind up his movement skills by, well . . .

[Image of MC Banging head on wall]

That's got to be one hell of a stress reliever.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 2, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I sort of want to read that if only to find out why she thought Eating an Energy Field constituted a good idea.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

Oh my god, Sevens is amazing. It's your typical unassertive Japanese protagonist in fantasy land with 7 of his ancestors constantly ragging on him. Where I'd normally cringe at the protag being a little bitch, the ancestors do it for me. It is wonderful.

I just want to know what the deal is with "You've sure done it, haven't you, eighth generation?"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sounds like an escalation of Amagi Brilliant Park.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

I was looking for something new to read on Novelupdates when I clicked a link for Unlimited Fafnir. The blurb for it is amazing.

I sort of want to read it solely to find out if there are a bunch of "D" quotes to misconstrue horribly.

I wouldn't, it's generic even by Japanese Pop Culture standards. The anime has Kitiro Voice and everything.

That said, thanks for tuning me in to Novel Updates realy nice and tidy little site that is.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 9, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If anyone was waiting for Log Horizon S3 I'd advise against holding your breath. The Author's under house arrest for Dodging Tax a second time.

So yeah, shutting down the database.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

It's both sad and hilarious to me that Only Sense's claim to fame is that it's a story about people living in a game that isn't overdramatic or filled with creepy excesses.

You'd think that wouldn't be hard!

Not even living, right? The game is just something they do IIRC.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kumoko is going from strength to strength with the LN getting a commercial with an official voice of the sorts for Kumoko in the form of Sumire Uesaka.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 3, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Adelheid posted:

well, it was a good trip, but it finally happened. Kumo is bad now.

The story or the character?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 12, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

darkgray posted:

Are there web novels without Beautiful Female Leads?

I think there is a blog about that but the list is depressingly short.

Ah yes, here we are.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

darkgray posted:

I also read the first volume/arc/whatever of Kita no Toride nite and it's cute and fluffy and nice. Much better than that other one, if you're hankering for female protagonists.

Ya know you could have sold me with an adorable fox sprit, book, didne need to make street pizza to facilitate it...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Personally, I felt that by the point the translations dropped off the story had kind of gotten silly.

Did it get any better with the introduction of a) The Gamelon and b) The Guns? Because the anime did that story no favors and bored me half to death.

Studio Arms should not quit its day job of animating smut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Has Bookworm been collected into something I can read on a kindle? I need to get in on this explosive clay action

• Locked thread