Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rangpur posted:

Is that the one where the guy reincarnates as a goblin that can eat anything? Supposedly the translation group actually wrote their own sex scenes and inserted them without telling anyone. I have no idea if it's true or not.
That's Re:Monster, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Gearhead posted:

EDIT: Reading through Overlord, I find myself enjoying the comic version of it more. There's something about the translation, or it may be a holdover from how the original story was laid out, but I have a hard time just sitting down and reading it. I keep having to go back over lines to make sure I read what I think I read.

EDIT 2: I'm to understand, reading through comments, that the first volume of the story was translated roughly and is going to get another pass soon. Having looked over the comic for a better mental image of what is going on, I'll be giving the story a second try now.
Yeah, I found that, while I was kinda interested in where it was going story-wise, actually reading was a bit of a struggle to stay engaged.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rangpur posted:

This seems like the place to ask, so:

does Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere make a lick of goddamned sense in the original novel?
I haven't read the novels (and don't intend to), but I can concur that the anime was breathtaking in its incoherence.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Serious Frolicking posted:

See, I have no real problem with the bizarre historical reenactment thing in theory. In a ridiculously advanced society, why not do any weird poo poo that comes to mind? However, the anime eventually revealed that while they were post-history, they were not post-scarcity. They had to worry about running out of food. So while a society dedicated to historical reenactment might work when functionally infinite resources are available, it is just plain stupid with limited resources.

There is no real thought put into the setting because it is just an excuse to cram in loads of standard anime girl archetypes from a bunch of genres in with vague japanese history references.
There was something having to do with two worlds and the reenactment was supposed to bridge the two together, but I could never make sense of it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Desuwa posted:

Yeah assumed she was with rapist guy (please don't go down that route) but she hasn't been mentioned by anyone oh l for something like ten side story chapters.
There were some mentions of the second princess at some point, which should be Sue.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is the Resurrection Lily still in Meng Hao, or did I miss something and he got powerful enough to make it go away (which I remember was one of the possible solutions)? ISSTH has a tendency to build things up as really important then not mention them at all for 100+ chapters, like the Blood Mastiff.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

it's nothing but posting E/N threads about how lovely and backwards culturally the place is

Don't forget the D&D threads where everyone tries to work out how he can implement Really True This Time, We Swear Communism.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
He didn't even mean to swindle, it just happened.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm almost finished with 1632 and I am in love with this loving story. Has the author written anything else? A sequel maybe?

:black101:

Good news, it's the start of a series.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
When was the last time he actually needed to spend money? When he purchased the chariot/destabilized the local economy?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Avulsion posted:

As long as he has the copper mirror he will always need more money.

Seems like it's been a while since he did any duplicating either.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

rgon842 posted:

I kinda figured that if a web novel is accessible for free on the Internet (granted in Japanese only) that translating it into another language wouldn't be an issue

The right to produce derivative works is part of copyright, and copyright still applies even if the rights holder allows the public the limited right to reproduce the work on their computer's RAM and screen.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SerSpook posted:

I didn't have a strong dislike of Fang Wei and the Grand Elder until this chapter. Those fruits...

Giving MH the fruits that were supposed to kill him wasn't enough for you to dislike them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
When Fan Dong'er was the one who was gunning for the Immortality Door, I was kinda hoping she'd almost go through it only for Inky to be the one given Immortal status.

• Locked thread