Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This game is so loving late to the zombie party and the footage I've seen puts it on par with that DayZ clone made by the dude that made that semi-truck game that had to have its name changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

hahaha watching all the sperg lords and nerds freak out over issues an alpha early release had/is having is hilarious. Stupid ALPHA technical poo poo aside, the game is solid and seeing as how they already responded to the airdrop stuff, and have been working on patching left and right, I feel good about the future of H1Z1.

"IF I ignore all the issues the games is the best game ever" I should post that in the Starbound thread. Comparing this to the Planetside 2 alpha it was much further along in development and far more of a game than this, its about at WarZ level of gameness and I'd say it functions better than DayZ.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

yup, cause I said exactly that. Some people apparently dont understand what an early access alpha is about.

Edit: Imagine that, ps2 with a bigger and better funded team had a more advanced alpha product.

My point being that if you ignore all the issues with something of course it looks good. Better to be realistic and describe the product as it exists currently because right now thats what people are interested in.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Turtlicious posted:

Right, but is that what this is? I'd love to hear some trip reports.

Its closer to WarZ than DayZ.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Hahaha pity from the DayZ devs:

How long until "Daybreak" folds?

Not long probably, the investment firm that bought them is probably just going to keep a skeleton crew going while they cut costs as much as possible and then start selling IPs in the hopes of making at least a small amount of money.

• Locked thread