Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Akumos posted:

idk, I though it was you/satan and one other guy who had access, maybe that was just satan and maniak? But yeah you've been helpful/maniak has been helpful, it was just a little obnoxious being told by <3-4 people no one else can be trusted even when I would personally be protecting their rooms all night/morning when no one else is on and had just put a bunch of duped ammo up in the chests for us to use. I don't think there is ever going to be a time when something like that doesn't annoy people. Unless you can imagine yourself handing over all of the good loot to me and letting me pick 2 other people to have access to it to hand out, it's a little retarded to expect me to be alright with others deciding to do the same. People are going to feel alienated by that kind of poo poo because it moves from community storage to Great Leader ration room. It'd honestly have bothered me less if those people just declared they had their own private stashes and they were willing to dupe good gear for goons, but instead it was more like.. well we've moved everything useful into a specific room a handful of us have access to, we'll let you pick something out if you behave.

I was on the fence about this game but if this is how the goon group is going to operate then gently caress that.

V - well that sounds reasonable...

The Shep fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
After the update the loot feels much better. I went from spending 3 hours finding nothing at all to a game session today where I played for an hour and had found decent assortments of food and even a handgun with some bullets.

Still don't know how I feel about the game overall though. I was hoping for a more survival horror game and less rear end in a top hat players killing you for no reason all the time. They really need to up the zombie count.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Nameless Dread posted:

Yeah, I spent an hour trying to get back to my shack just so i could build a drat door, and when i was 2 minutes away some guy came up to me waving, and said "hey, wanna team up?" Before i could even react, he pulled a gun and started blasting. Somehow i managed to get mine out and kill him with 15% left. That rear end in a top hat made me kill 2 other probably innocents just because i can't trust anyone again.

10/10

One of the first nights I played I ran into into a guy who asked if I wanted to team up. I said sure and actually we ended up teaming up and picked up a 3rd guy too. Then I was killed by a 4th guy we tried to recruit when he decided he just wanted to kill us.

Since then I haven't run across another friendly player and I'm killed on sight every time. The combat is so janky in this game I haven't managed to kill anyone yet, but the kill or be killed play style isn't really my thing.

I really hope they use their rule sets to create a bunch of different styled servers. I'd like to see bandit/hero flags on people too depending on if you kill innocents or are just defending yourself. It'd also be cool to have a server with factions that you can join so you're not always on your own. I've tried to group up with goons on occasion but no one seemed particularly interested, and this game just isn't fun to play alone.

I feel like I got suckered out of my $20 and I'll have to wait it out a long while before the game is in a more playable state. But at least this will keep me from wasting money on dayz or any of the other survivor styled games.

I also spent some time on a PvE server but people managed to ruin that too by blocking entire buildings with barrels... Also there's hardly enough zombies in this game to call it PvE.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 3, 2015

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Lol so we can carry basically nothing now and they goddamn nerfed backpacks into uselessness.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Virulence posted:

I think (I hope) they only changed the amount of space they take up in another container and not the amount of inventory space they actually have.

Good catch, looks like you're right. In that case, the notes don't look that bad. It will be a lot easier to carry food and water at least.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Remember when Smedley hinted at this game being the next Star wars Galaxies? :laugh:

edit: Hold on a minute... are the official H1Z1 forums seriously just a link to loving reddit?

The Shep fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 11, 2015

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Giving H1Z1 and planetside to competent devs would be amazing. However knowing what happens to F2P games they'll both likely get the APB treatment.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Ozmiander posted:

You are all the type of person who shouldn't be buying early access games.

H1Z1 barely qualifies as a game at this point. It's clear it was rushed to market to recoup some costs in the face of possibly being shutdown or reorganized with the Russian mafia buyout of their company. They needed another 6 months of development before they released this to early access, as it stands now it's a broken hacker-infested shell of an idea that doesn't do anything right really. I'm tired of game companies using the term "sandbox" to make up for their lack of a game. It's one thing to give the players the freedom to make their own fun in a game, but H1Z1 doesn't even give you the tools to do so.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Prison Architect was an alpha too when it came out and had 10x the gameplay.

How can you guys defend this poo poo with a straight face? I'm seriously in awe.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

The restraint system sounds... Troublesome. I don't trust Daybreak to get it right. I wonder what they have in mind?

• Locked thread