Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think this is gonna be a good game but its $20 and i can run around killing people with kimsemus and co so whatever why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol because i went to SOE Live I get a beanie

gently caress you non-beanie havers

idiots

so my impression from SOE Live

when I got to sit down he was hurt and everything was in black and white (probably because he was hurt), I ran inside a house, a zombie ran through the wall and was also stuck in the floor and started attacking me

there were only like 2-3 terminals with h1z1 so i didn't ever see any players

the game felt better than DayZ in some ways, and in others felt just as clunky

at that time it didn't feel any worse than DayZ, so at the least on launch tomorrow it will be exactly as bad

eonwe fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 15, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i do think the game could become (or might be in the build they are currently using) less clunky

it is using the same engine as PS2 and I find that game runs pretty well and then gunplay is really good

hopefully they've improved it because now i have to murder people with kimsemus

hell, they might have delayed the early access release to iron out some of the issues i mentioned

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

I wish there was an early access version for PS4 instead. Although it looks like my computer can run this because it looks like absolute rear end.

can it run PS2

it might not be that intensive, but close because its the same engine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its Z-Day

eonwe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 15, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

H1Z1 is built on what is almost certainly a better engine than what DayZ uses. The amount of autism in H1Z1 is also probably a lot lower, so while that means no feeding people bleach or whatever, it also (probably) means more shootmans, less buggy (but still buggy) zombies, and less "My balls are wet. I'm drying off. My balls are wet. I'm soaked. I'm drying off. I have hypothermia. I'm hungry. My balls are wet."

this is basically exactly my impression after having played it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys be cool to my boy THE PENETRATOR

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dryb posted:

The start of the goon factioning. These two groups vs. the Rust and Goku goons!

there will never be a split because admiral snuggles won't be involved

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I heard someone made another zombie game. Is this the one with the bad AI or bad gameplay?

yes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

here's a screenshot of me playing

yahoo? shameful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is what you'd expect from an SOE Early access game

but I still had fun with it last night

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
logged in last night

chased a deer in front of the police station
zombies chase deer
i run inside loot a shotgun and 30-40 shells

im a badass

walk down the road at night
a bear runs up in the darkness and kills me in two hits

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Because once things get up and running to a semi decent degree and everyone gets a feel for the mechanics this poo poo is fun.

So what's with the Reddit sperg over name plates? Do you really see a username on top of someone at all times? Kinda sucks for snipers/stealth if thats the case.

no if you are really up close to them you'll see it

just to clarify I don't want anything to think I'm defending the game

it needs a lot of work despite being fun

but reddit is full of big dumb babies who will cry about literally anything

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like the "p2w" airdrop thing, its a big loud as gently caress plane that drops green smoke that everyone on the server will be able to see and go toward

if you manage to get to the airdrop before someone else does and takes your stuff, before you get killed, before a loving bear kills you, or whatever else you might get a gun/guns, you might get like some loving water or whatever

apparently they are going to make guns rarer drops in the crates and also make the drop zone a lot bigger, meaning good loving luck getting your crate

its not so much p2w as an RNG slotmachine with zombies and KOS assholes standing next to you waiting for you to pull the lever so they can steal whatever coins drop out of the machine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea if idiots want to spend IRL money to maybe get a crate with a gun and then maybe get to it or maybe get shot by me

thats just fine because they spent IRL money to show me exactly where to go so i can shoot them lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

IM SO loving PISSED WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LIE WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND TO HAVE WEAPONS MERE HOURS BEFORE RELEASE YPU WILL BE CALLED LIARS FOREVER I WILL CONTINUE TO DEFEND YOU BUT THE MAJORITY OF THE GAMING WORLD THINK YOU ARE GREEDY loving LIARS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

This thread is full of rationalization and its absolutely adorable. :allears:

yo dude, i pay money for bad games all the time and admit they are bad

im not rationalizing anything

20 bucks is not enough to make me rationalize over, maybe if i spent 1000 dollars on some dumb lovely star shitizen ship id rationalize that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
either post what you want to post about or go back to posting badly in the charlie hebdo thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Honestly I think if the game was just :10bux: :10bux: pay to play there would be a lot less rage about it. Smedley is already on thin ice with a lot of people because of SWG and Planetside 2 Implant bullshit. Regardless of how they ultimately decide to tweak the air drops, it was a massive PR fuckup. Smedley still seems like a glue sniffing idiot, and their game has made an awful first impression.

yea it was pretty dumb tbh

I don't personally care, but it seems like a weird decision

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

Guys, do you understand yet that forums poster "Eonwe" does not care about p2w, and he needs everyone to know it, because any criticism of this poo poo game is met staunchly with his "Personally I don't care" demeanor.

There are valid critcisms of this game. The fact that the developers outright lied. The fact that you're paying money for a buggy soon-to-be f2p game. The fact that its p2w model will likely kill the game. The fact that the game is absolutely terrible and offers really nothing fresh or new (I know, its "EA").

But I forgot, this is a games thread, if I don't just blow this games dick I am being an internet troll :rolleye:

This thread has a very SimCity feel to it. I give it about... two months before everyone has turned on it except for a select few who defend their poor choices to the death.

why didn't you just say this in the first place instead of that weirdo exchange you had up there

also lol glad we didn't use your mumble because you are fuckin insufferable

Knifegrab posted:

Thanks, I'd say my posting is about as good as H1Z1.

edit: Just watched a stream where a bunch of zombies phased through a guy, then like 5 minutes later, in the middle of a field, he keeled over and died for seemingly no reason. GOTY

double edit: I am watching another stream and so far I haven't seen a single thing that makes this game better than any of the other survival zombie horror games. I literally cannot find one thing it does better or different.

Guys, do you understand yet that forums poster "Knifegrab" thinks this game is bad, and he needs everyone to know it, because anyone enjoying it is met staunchly with his "dead game, lol rationalization" demeanor.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also lol I admit the game is bad in a lot of ways

i have fun with bad games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prophecy120 posted:

Air drops seem pretty simple to fix if that many people are really bitching about them. Rename it to Supply drop, have it have a RNG box of survival supplies including gear, flares, high end food & water, and ammo. Include zero guns. Its still a high value target for other players to fight over and doesn't give anyone that pay2gun feeling. Bam.

yea this would be good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think its any different from the others and i dont necessarily encourage other people to play it

its 20 bucks, its basically nothing and I've already played enough hours that I got a better value out of it than I would going to the movies

im having fun, its still a bad game, but i like bad games sometimes because you can make your own fun in them

like killing someone who paid money for a crate airdrop

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

New update from Smed about upcoming changes.

I think it's pretty hilarious he's using Reddit for his communication.

yea why would they use reddit as their official outlet

smdh, really dumb lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

They know their demographic.

good point

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont get why someone would think this thread was arguing that people should buy it

like, read the OP

my quote said this has no content, the OP himself said don't buy it yet

Smedley will gently caress this up like he always does

that doesn't change the fact that you can have fun loving with other people in the game and at least you don't have to read Cyrillic to navigate

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

I'll bet four airdrops it'll be a massively overhyped version of whatever the current trend is, except f2p with a cash shop model and a bunch of promised features they'll add "soon".

thats already happening its called everquest next

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

Honestly, the best things goons can do is:
1. Make fun of people who bought this game
2. Wait until it is free to play
3. Make fun of people who lost their carebear packages to goons
4. Shitpost some more

:agreed:

also sorry knifegrab i didnt mean to be a dick, you are probably a cool guy

lets :justpost: together

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dvsilverwing posted:

So I was running with two pubbies and chalked up 3 kills of people who think they're going to take on 3 lumberjacks with their little sticks and bows, finally we come across some ammo for a gun one of the guys had, and shortly after came across some guy and his friend who obviously called in an airdrop. Thinking he was some godlike player, he started telling us to drop our poo poo before shooting at the ground near us, so the guy in our little group with the gun shot and killed him pretty much immediately, and then his friend sprinted away. So we got an extra 1911, some ammo for it, an empty AR15, and a combat knife out of it. Then we all slowly starved to death as every berry bush in the server was glitched and not allowing us to pick them, and as we all know blackberries are the only current source of sustenance in game.

you have to have your fists out to pick up berries, its pretty dumb

also after you make a bow your first thing to craft should be a bow drill

it takes a plank, a stick, and some cloth I think

when you chop down a tree you'll get some logs, you can start a campfire with these logs (even through prox - doesn't have to be in your inventory) and cook wolf meat from the wolves who have constantly been annoying you

just be aware that to craft wolf steak you have to use wolf meat in the discovery crafting thing and "discover it" just like any other recipe

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 16, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah I know having a gun out prevents you from picking up berries, you probably can pick them up while holding an axe though

as far as the bow drill goes, it takes 15 seconds of prep time to use and is reusable (it might have durability - I haven't checked just used it twice so far)

if you can start a fire inside that is preferable, but the logs are heavy and if you don't have a backpack you probably can't move them so just be aware that zombies from a loving mile away will be heading your way

You can purify water, make coffee, cook meat, make bio fuel, all sorts of good stuff with just the fire

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 16, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

Hey ya know, if you are having fun I guess.

Also ganking someone out of real earth dollars because their care package or whatever was easy to steal does sound really really great.

I can't wait to try out ganking someone doing an airdrop, and you are always welcome to hop in and play with us if you pick it up or when it goes f2p :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also you can reuse your empty water bottles at a lake or even in the rain

I thought the rain thing was a nice touch

By getting water from one of these sources you'll lose 10 hp upon consumption. If you find a well you'll get stagnant water which only hurts you by 2 HP. Either of these can be crafted into purified water at a campfire

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

You are the cause of all evil in the gaming community.
You are the real DSP.

this is the h1z1 thread, we don't badchoiceshame here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I shot a dude in the back of the head with my lovely zero effort bow and killed him instantly. While he was waiting for his supply drop to land. He screamed at me over prox chat for what felt like a full minute while I waited for his crate to land so I could loot it.

Then I died to some dude with a hunting rifle.

:getin:

also guys, carry around lots of arrows, they are super easy to make

a headshot will kill a zombie, just let it get reasonably close

a body shot will stagger it long enough to nock another arrow as well

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

Right now, it's dropping like 50 feet from where you are.

In theory, it's supposed to drop anywhere in a very wide vicinity with flairs and loud airplane noises and all that jazz.

the plane is actually supposed to be a lot slower too so people can see it and head that direction

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Duggler posted:

And people are crying about this because?

reddit

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I think the thing its most analogous to is tf2 gifts

you can buy one and it goes to a random person on the server

except now everyone kills each other to get it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but i bought it knowing it was a bad stupid idiot zombie game tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dvsilverwing posted:

And here I've been thinking if I'm ever in a live or die situation, rain water was generally a safe bet for drinking. Oh how wrong I was.

yep, 10 HP off unless you put it in a campfire, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

That does not even make any loving sense.

Its "dirty water", and you make purified water at a campfire

but yea it doesn't really

• Locked thread