Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I've had my fill of zombie survival games, but griefing pubbies will never, ever, get old.

I'll buy the $20 version tomorrow and since I'm off Friday, will probably be online for a while in the afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Prophecy120 posted:

I'm hoping this game can bring together the WarZ goons and Highby's Heros (PS2) goons, the two most fun groups of people to play games with. Hopefully there isn't a limit on how many walls one person can build, so we can do stupid things like surrounding a town with walls and making naked newbies fight to the death gladiator style.

:f5: so I can spend my :20bux::20bux:

I'm really hoping the old WarZ crew gets back together (Jimmy I know you're out there reading this, baby, come home please), especially that dude who had a complete meltdown after he got sniped and ragequit the game immediately thereafter. We all heard him screaming and ranting about it while he played BF3 thanks to his 12-year old brother hot-mic'ing in Mumble and treating us to the entire sordid drama.

Really looking forward to that and other things again.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So do we have a Steam group set up for what will undoubtedly be GOTY 2015 yet? If not, I can make one later tonight or early tomorrow. Now accepting your nominations for pithy and degrading names.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Do not pay for this freemium game early access you guys, just don't.

TOO LATE

I'll be on mid-morning tomorrow EST. What mumble channel we using?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I still can't log in on this poo poo yet. I keep getting the G99 error or whatever.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

G99 error has something to do with your firewall appearently. Disable it, fixed it for my friend.

Both h1z1.exe and launchpad.exe are added to my firewall access list, so I dunno. Now I'm just getting this:

Thepossiblelight posted:

I am who you say I am.

hi

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

I got in after a few tries, but now there are no servers on the server list. Games really need to make game options available on the launcher so I can set it to windowed mode before I enter in the game.

I saw that screen once, couldn't join a server, quit, and haven't been able to get that far since. I'm just going to try again in the morning.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Reddit posted:

John, just an idea. Why not have a live twitch stream with a mobile camera. Show yourself, the tasks you must perform in this time of stress and havoc. Show the many minds at work, solving the most pressing issues of the game. Show all the pieces to this chess game moving strategically LIVE for US to SEE. You already have the capability in the studio to stream. Run some wires if you have to. And if I have lost your attention at this point, at least get Jimmy or some goon to live stream. Considering he doesn't qualify, apparently, to solve the issues most pressing. Jimmy could absorb a lot of collateral damage. He could ease the pain of the community, simply with the sound of his live voice. Quell all negative response from whatever forces caused this catastrophe to occur. I hope you, and all developers take this into consideration in the future. Kind regards.

I kind of get the feeling that this guy is holding a knife to his own throat in one Cheetos encrusted hand while the other is mashing the LAUNCH GAME button.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Orv posted:

Or, and I know this is radical, learn things.

edgy poo poo bro

Thanks for making that script. I really wish they would add in some sort of rudimentary map or compass available on spawn. Whoever called this game "a really hosed up land nav course" was right, trying to find your way around or link up is pretty tedious at the moment.

Can someone who's in the know list the X/Z coordinates for the towns/points of interest discovered so far?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Reason posted:

"IF I ignore all the issues the games is the best game ever" I should post that in the Starbound thread. Comparing this to the Planetside 2 alpha it was much further along in development and far more of a game than this, its about at WarZ level of gameness and I'd say it functions better than DayZ.

We're two days post EA release so obviously it's going to be janky for the foreseeable future. I'm willing to be at least a little optimistic that the game will improve, but all of the connection issues were super annoying. Functioning better than DayZ and being at WarZ's level of playablity at launch isn't that bad.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I should be online in less than an hour, looking forward to seeing our first goon fort after spending last night trying to link up with the posse and instead wandering around the woods eating berries like a wild-eyed Mormon prophet.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

*spends 30 minutes crawling through the bush to goon fort, gets shot by another goon while trying to help fend off an attack, respawns even further away than before*

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

End of Watch: CynthiaDutch, ICP4EVA.

Died in service of the Pleasant Valley Police Department while rounding up looters, organized under Detective Dick Fingers.

Edit- thanks to virtualboyCOLOR I now realize how much fun I'm not supposed to be having

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 19, 2015

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

People running Goonbase: Chill out on the autism. Jesus Christ.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

iamthehans posted:

Guys you are getting way over attached to stuff in an early access alpha. relax all the reddit idiots did was give us more people to kill. we made goon base way to drat close to one of the more populated towns and its not like its hard to find. don't leave the server we need to make 1 or two smaller bases that aren't huge gently caress off African slums.

detective dic fingers will never let the pubbies take his town from him

also stop talking about base building any magic item making and poo poo in the public thread we need a PGS thread to figure out where to go from here

I'm gonna make a PGS thread. Not going to link it here, just look for it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

suboptimal posted:

I'm gonna make a PGS thread. Not going to link it here, just look for it.

Thread's up. Let's take the goonbase discussion to PGS.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mine was doing that a bit before the patch though not nearly as cool looking.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Lou Takki posted:

lol, my experience was: "I need some good stuff", "Okay, here you go!"

Yep, exactly. The other day I got kitted out with an AR, a .45 and a shotgun from the public stash without a single complaint or spergy micromanagement from these apparently egregious goon overlords, so whatever.

The game and the community are still very much in their infancy so maybe chill the hell out and give it some time to solidify before people start pissing and moaning about dumb poo poo.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Dark Helmut posted:

This thread is 28 pages of affirmation of my decision not to play on Requiem.

Your loss, man. Shanks and I have fun together. What server are you on?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Shadefyre posted:

Goons can be a little silly about Reddit, for sure. I've never had a reddit account and still got told to gently caress off by one of the main DayZ SA goons for posting in the PGS thread. Apparently they set up some sort of Redditor trap by posting on Reddit (ironically I guess?) telling them to come post in the PGS thread to infiltrate the dirty KOS goon bandits or something. Goon drama is silly, I'm glad that the WarZ group was small enough to avoid that.

Anyhow, on topic, is Detroit occupied by pubbies now? I'm wondering if I'll have to log in guns blazing to break out and head to goon camp.

I'm still in the old base with some of the last of our old supplies, but haven't had a chance to log in for a bit and am waiting for someone to mount a mission to come get me or alternately make my way to the new location on foot.

I don't give a poo poo about goon drama. I like playing with anyone who's down to play and I'll kit anyone out if I have gear to spare.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

davebo posted:

Well that's what I mean, are there set spawn points and is it random or would they think to include code that maybe doesn't spawn you 8 km away from someone you were partied up with or simply assume you might want to spawn at a point relatively nearby where you last died? Sounds like you're saying it is random. Is there even a party system in this yet or just group up with people and walk together?

Edit: Suboptimal you're here! Okay just tell me yes or no if I need to pay $20 be in this thing with you guys, even if its garbage.

Yo man, I'm having fun. $20 is a half day at Bryce. Go for it and I'll try to help you out as much as I can! I should be on more next week than I was this previous one.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So it seems that the whole PVPD gimmick has caught on. I got mugged by four guys by the fire station, who told me to get on the ground and empty out my pockets. I told them they were mugging a dude for a bow and arrow (truth) and while they were distracted in looting a zombie who was getting close, I decided to get up and take one of them out. Got filled with shotgun rounds immediately thereafter.

Also, ESP and one-shot AR-15 kills seem to be a thing now.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

FormerFatty posted:

I have a pretty solid crew and am going to get them to switch to requiem. How deep are you guys rolling usually?

You can usually find a few dudes lurking in Mumble at any given moment. I've teamed up with 2-3 other goons on Requiem the past few nights, but I've been playing fairly early so I suspect more people get on later.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

According to one of the devs via Twitter, we can expect a character/world wipe later this week. Also guns will become even more rare, as though it wasn't hard enough to find a weapon to begin with.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

You can easily one shot people with a bow, honestly. Guns are overrated.

Not when you keep getting killed by some duper with a shotgun before you can even get an arrow off :(

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yo, if you've got a guy on Requiem, I'll meet up with you and give you a spare gun if you feel like giving it another shot tomorrow. I've been doing well winning fights solo (for the most part) but I'm always down to group up. Mumble has been kinda dead lately.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Seriously, I think I've been the only one in Mumble for a few days now unless I'm just missing a horde of 20 of you all by like two minutes.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Akumos posted:

*switches servers to avoid reddit/stalkers, everyone posts it in the public thread*

To be honest, as long as we're not publicly posting coordinates for any other bases that we build, I don't really think it matters that we're telling people what server we play on in the public thread.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So I've been playing on the Another Day server when I haven't been playing on Ground Zero with goons lately, and I have seen some weird poo poo go down. This includes a role-played human sacrifice at a church (:stare:) and a group using a "siren"- a woman calling out for help and baiting the unaware into an ambush. Hacks seem to be a little bit of a problem- there have been at least two occasions when I've gotten into a standoff with someone where I had a bow and they only had a combat knife or machete, and suddenly, my health goes down to 1% with severe bleeding and I'm dead a second or two later. The other player is usually no closer than 30 feet away when this happens, so I dunno what's up with that.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I basically did this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJlsc8GU50

to two guys who tried to mug me in Rancho Taquito on Another Day. It owned. Thanks for all the gear, guys!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

XyrlocShammypants posted:

My thoughts after playing a while:

I log in every now and then and usually have a decent time, but yeah, I can't really disagree with anything that you've said. There are some elements present that could make this a good game eventually, but they're not doing a good job of building the plane in flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Played for the first time in ages today. Linked up with a dude after I helped him fight off an ambush, then kind of got turned off by him continually inviting people to join us and then promptly murdering them. Game's a lot more fun than I had remembered, think maybe I'll come back more.

• Locked thread