Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Yeah, it's just for storing bags within bags. Which I have no idea why'd you do that, unless it was Military and you already had one. Glad that'll take less space, though. But the arrow thing in the early game is going to be a killer.

I'm mainly looking forward to being able to carry more campfires. Do planks work in grills and furnaces, or does it have to be a log?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Virulence posted:

I think (I hope) they only changed the amount of space they take up in another container and not the amount of inventory space they actually have.

Good catch, looks like you're right. In that case, the notes don't look that bad. It will be a lot easier to carry food and water at least.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

DOOMocrat posted:

Yeah, it's just for storing bags within bags. Which I have no idea why'd you do that, unless it was Military and you already had one. Glad that'll take less space, though.

You get a military backpack with every loot cache you open. The problem is, odds are you won't be able to carry it even if you already have one, so you'd just turn it into scrap cloth, or just leave it there. Same with say, having a regular backpack and finding another one.

This change is cool because it means you can viably carry backpacks you find back to your stash or to your friends.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Liberatore posted:

You get a military backpack with every loot cache you open. The problem is, odds are you won't be able to carry it even if you already have one, so you'd just turn it into scrap cloth, or just leave it there. Same with say, having a regular backpack and finding another one.

This change is cool because it means you can viably carry backpacks you find back to your stash or to your friends.

:agreed:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Lol so we can carry basically nothing now and they goddamn nerfed backpacks into uselessness.

What..? Backpacks seem unchanged. They changed their weight, not their holding weight.

edit: whoops beaten, didn't see the new page

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Blackout server post wipe?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm 100% fine with changing servers just so long as we can get the OP and Kimsemus' post changed so there isnt' confusion

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Eonwe posted:

I'm 100% fine with changing servers just so long as we can get the OP and Kimsemus' post changed so there isnt' confusion

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Eonwe posted:

I'm still paying attention. Just say something once poo poo is settled.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm still paying attention. Just say something once poo poo is settled.

Lets do it. Blackout server. I'll ask Kimsemus on steam to change his post

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Eonwe posted:

Lets do it. Blackout server. I'll ask Kimsemus on steam to change his post

OP updated.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Finally -- a reason to horde again.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to a hockey game tonight, but will be on again starting tomorrow

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

We have mixed to Blackout!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I've updated my OP under the OP. I'm going to play ASAP, currently getting murdered at work.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone appreciate my new av

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Why the gently caress would my phone autocorrect "moved" to mixed?" Ugh, whatever. It's fixed now.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
I'm gonna buy this pile of crap.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
*switches servers to avoid reddit/stalkers, everyone posts it in the public thread*

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

DOOMocrat posted:

Daybreak games. Daybreak a lot of games in fact.

Wandered into this thread for no particular reason and left with a smile 10/10

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Songbearer posted:

Wandered into this thread for no particular reason and left with a smile 10/10

Yes its an excellent post

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Akumos posted:

*switches servers to avoid reddit/stalkers, everyone posts it in the public thread*

i thought we switched because we wanted more people to shoot? i dont think we needed to dodge redditors, they already left req.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

i thought we switched because we wanted more people to shoot? i dont think we needed to dodge redditors, they already left req.

I mean I was the one pushing to switch in the PGS thread, I wasn't even sure if anyone else wanted to, I did say Req had a lower pop now but one of the main reasons I wanted to leave was because Req was made public early on and we couldn't take it back, but now this one is public too. I didn't want to go back to dealing with people specifically trying to grief us every day. Maybe it's inevitable though, the server has been amusing so far.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Akumos posted:

I mean I was the one pushing to switch in the PGS thread, I wasn't even sure if anyone else wanted to, I did say Req had a lower pop now but one of the main reasons I wanted to leave was because Req was made public early on and we couldn't take it back, but now this one is public too. I didn't want to go back to dealing with people specifically trying to grief us every day. Maybe it's inevitable though, the server has been amusing so far.

The best way to counter griefers is to shoot them in the face.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

There are tons of people to kill on blackout, its ridiculous compared to requiem.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Switching servers is going to be a normal thing

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Eonwe posted:

Yes its an excellent post

I have finally taken my revenge for SWG and also them nerfing iksar monk tail rakes

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Akumos posted:

To be honest, as long as we're not publicly posting coordinates for any other bases that we build, I don't really think it matters that we're telling people what server we play on in the public thread.

MrJayIsAGoon
Oct 11, 2002

Just some guy... On the internet.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

There are tons of people to kill on blackout, its ridiculous compared to requiem.

This. So much this. Made a quick run into Taquito from Dragon-Sack and killed 5 publords in about 7 minutes. It was glooooorious.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Just had a cool hard crash while inside the nut sack and when I came back I was glitched onto the punji sticks NICE.

Still, having a blast. I need to get a mic that isn't broken

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Just be aware that this server has two huge BR/FR clans for some reason, this might be some unofficial Euro and South American server even though it's US. Like 90% of the people I ran into yesterday were BR/FR, only three who weren't were two women(oddly we met 3 women on that server, higher ratio than I normally see honestly) and Bacon which I had hop on Mumble because he wasn't a total shithead.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Finding the balance between high pop and nothing around is going to be tricky, but I'm having fun for now.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Can someone PM me the door code or jump in mumble and type it in the chat? I didn't manage to get it last night and I have crap to unload.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thug Lessons posted:

Can someone PM me the door code or jump in mumble and type it in the chat? I didn't manage to get it last night and I have crap to unload.

Pming you

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Eonwe's code didn't work so I still need it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im retarded

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I posted a reddit thread about adding some kind of external or locked storage: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2uzs1m/locked_storage/

Not sure if you guys agree with it, but I know most of us have personally given up on the idea of a base with the current state of the game, and we've seen it's impossible to actually secure your gear. Without alts now, there is no effective way to save gear, you just grab a gun and immediately deathmatch. I think for the health of the game we need some kind of storage so people don't feel the need to just grab guns and immediately waste everything they have before they lose it. Devs actively browse/post on reddit so yeah, that community is more relevant than SA has been in years, which is why I post there. rip

forge
Feb 26, 2006
After reading the replies to your reddit thread, it makes this place still relevant.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who has the email for this russian fucker that owns soe now

can we tell him to make smedley stop using loving reddit as their community outlet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

who has the email for this russian fucker that owns soe now

can we tell him to make smedley stop using loving reddit as their community outlet
i dont really care if they use reddit, sa or their own dumb gay forum. reddit's poo poo upvote system is terrible but i guess it's better than dev's not wanting to sift through 1000 pages of "i'm gay" and subsequently not caring about our opinions.

• Locked thread