Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Probably only for EA, they'll likely have a station client for full launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
We should really just have a combined survival games thread under the title "Survival Games: Convening the Hague since 2013" or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

You could just merge it with the old early access thread because almost every single survival game seems to be early access. The only one I think that ever made it out was Nether, and apparently that sucks.

So, so bad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I feel this is amusingly timed.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BlueGrot posted:

Login servers down.

:soe:

Just copy/paste this for the next three days.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also it's :soe: you loving philistines.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so how's that zombie game

Mostly non-functional, filled with retards.

So, you know, the usual.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hobo Siege posted:

Star Citizen isn't the scam. It's this entire genre. All of it. Alllllll of it.

Woah, hold the gently caress up. Whatever H1Z1 is, you cannot say that about SC.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

except that you can play H1Z1, however lovely it is

:shrug: Better than Standalone. Though that's a bar you couldn't even trip over.

Hobo Siege posted:

Swear to god, one day someone's gonna trace every single one of these zombie sandbox shitfests to a single organized crime ring.

IT'S A CONSPIRASCAM.

Smedley is a crime against PR, so who knows.

Orv
May 4, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

We've got quite the goon swarm/goon camp going. A lot of solid progress for one evening.

Did you abandon the previous shitshacks near Taquito Burrito?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't know where the gently caress they found all those guns, sure as poo poo not this game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I must just always be in the wrong part of the map at the wrong time. :shrug:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Or, and I know this is radical, learn things.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Compass is water + salt + scrap metal I think? Now that I have one I don't get lost nearly as much.

Purified water + metal shard. I'd assume you need more than one shard, but I'm not sure.

As for finding things, you always spawn by a road or in sight of a major landmark. I'm not saying "lol loc is for pussies" but we'll have an easier time if people learn landmarks relative to each other quickly.

You know, as much luck as we ever have with goon survival coordination.

Orv
May 4, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

People running Goonbase: Chill out on the autism. Jesus Christ.

Welcome to the everproblem with goons and survival games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So someone clarify for me, there was so little loot in containers because :soe:, so presumably after the upcoming patch it won't be Death By Starvation and That One Dude Who Found A Gun: The Game?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Anyone get video of said attack?

Orv
May 4, 2011

eeriepanda posted:

That was Reddit (they're the blue helmets).

That explains the whole gunned down like geese thing.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't acknowledge it, back away slowly.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tai posted:

Hows does this game run on a medium to low end laptop GPU (720m) and an i5/8 GB RAM?

I've got one of these funky pseudo software SLI setups from NVIDIA that use the onboard and dedicated card to work together and it lets me play games above specs I shouldn't be able to play. As such, it's always pretty hard to judge a games minimum specs and if I could run it without it being 10 FPS. It plays games like skyrim on high, AC:Black Flag on high as an example. 1366 res but hey ho it's a semi cheap latop.

Provided Optimus doesn't gently caress you, you'll be more than fine.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

So all the duping is fixed?

Nope.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Chill out, dickwad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just stop, please. Back to discussing this bad zombie video game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I am going to remove your spine and make of it a stew.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Akumos posted:

Why the gently caress is "autism" being redefined as "talking about any topic in-depth/analyzing an issue"? I get that it's funny to say sometimes but it feels like you seriously have to pretend every thread is some GBS shitposting thread now or you're autistic.

While I agree that Games is going to poo poo in a handbasket, you're clearly taking this too seriously.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Okay yes, results are in you're autistic.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Anyone that does not immediately attempt to end your life is too weak to live.

That said, one dude spent around ten minutes chasing after me this morning, trying to take sneaky bowshots through windows and stuff while I looted houses. He was awful.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wait they were complaining about glitching?

Orv
May 4, 2011
True enough.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Everyone from both SA and Reddit are banned at once.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Man, this game has a long way to go to be anything other than Rambo Arena 2015, but the zombies in it are great. As a rule, I and I'd imagine most people, don't give a flying gently caress about zombies at this point. 2/3rds of a decade of zombie game after zombie game has left most people inured to their bullshit. Oh that one has a knife, or is slightly faster, or wooo, headshot. But what zombies lack in threat or originality they make up for by being mother natures tracking system. No-one is threatened by zombies in this genre after just a couple hours in their first game of the type, so no-one thinks that they could be used to track them. Bunch of zombies humping a door? The hunt is on boys. And these zombies do it better than pretty much anything yet, because they cheat like hell. If someone enters a building and you see zombies streaming in the one open door, just wait a second by the closed one and you've got a free lunch.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Got Haggis? posted:

i don't understand why anyone would play on a PvE server

The same people as that guy who proudly shared his map where he'd played DayZ for 90 hours straight without ever interacting with another person.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They're going to keep expanding the map, but I don't know how.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The H1Z1 map is already that, I thought? Takes about as long to run across as Indar.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Metal shard and wood stick. Metal shard comes from metal scraps I believe.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have to wonder if a spear would be the ultimate anti-bow weapon. Just sprint around someone stabbing them to death while they try to hit you with the tiny hitbox arrows.

Orv
May 4, 2011
And lo, literally everyone was banned.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You say that, but :soe: has a not insignificant track record of false bans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

I don't even understand the point of this game. It's a zombie game with zero threat from zombies and the quests are just finding paper and running to some POI for loot.

However, it is fun to watch streamers just gently caress with people for a few minutes.

It's a PvP game that happens to have zombies, rather than a zombie survival game. Unfortunately it being filled with hackers/bugs/exploits means it's not either thing right now.

• Locked thread