Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Free spawning loot was working this morning. No idea about containers yet, was raiding RV's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Game takes place in a former nudist/goggle collector colony

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Went from never finding a gun (Started last weekend) to having three 1911's. Yeah, maybe gun spawn could be taken down a bit.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I would be more inclined to believe he was a CS player if he included a homosexual epithet.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hatred and CAL-I-gnorance are destroying this society.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Any word on an update/patch to fix campfires and grills? While camping static campfires and killing players is fun, I would like to be able to build my own on occasion.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

FormerFatty posted:

Yea Ive beeen playing non MMOs(CS:GO and LoL) but couldnt resist at what appears to be the best rear end in a top hat simulator since UO. My crew is on Blackout -- Ill try to hop in mumble this weekend to see whats poppin. Do you guys have a base setup at all or just gear up and kill(it is an Alpha)

There's a PGS thread. The base is more of a deathtrap than a resource, but it's fun.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Decaying furnaces? Fun police cracking down.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

He'll probably be there for a while. Development resources have reason to be worried, though. Redundancies are not great for job security.

This is probably why Maggie and T-Ray left.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Daybreak games. Daybreak a lot of games in fact.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I think in honor of SOE's divestment I'm gonna name my next survivor "Qeynos"

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I haven't found a gun in my last eight hours of play. Ran into plenty of people that have, however.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Guns are about as rare, ammo is down. Other vitals take their place, so getting a character geared with say, a wooden bow is faster.

I'm getting crashes to desktop now, though.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Full patch notes are up.

quote:

Sitting will cancel auto-run.
Fixed a bug where players can interrupt equip actions too quickly.
Fixed an issue where ammo count could become incorrect if you interrupt a reload action.
Objects making noise above or below you in a multi-story building will now be properly attenuated.
Added slight zoom to all guns and bows in Iron Sight mode.
Lowered sway on .308 rifle while in scoped mode.
Fixed an issue with hydration burning too fast when stamina was full.
Fixed a bug that would occasionally cause oddities on SLI setups
Dropping an item from a world container places it at the players feet instead of the world container origin. The latter would hide it in the world container model.
Vehicle stability adjustments – angular damping, moment of inertia, center of mass, tire friction and steering range tuning on the OffRoader, PickupTruck and PoliceCar.
Working on getting the vehicles to be more stable and less likely to abruptly roll or flip (this will still be possible on rocks, rough terrain, and player placed objects) but trying to make them more fun and survivable.
Fixed /respawn on PvE servers.
Fixed self-damage on PvE servers; the players may be the source of damage to themselves without mitigation.
Made players names reusable across servers. Names on each server must still be unique.
Battle Royale: Cleaned up gas after matches.
Battle Royale: gas damage reduced.
Fixed certain points of interest not getting reported when players entered.
Limited players to one character per server.
Recipe Changes
The makeshift shovel recipe now requires a metal sheet instead of a metal shard.
The storage container recipe now requires more materials.
The barbed wire recipe now requires wood planks and more metal shards.
The snare recipes now requires more metal shards.
The dew collector recipe now requires more wood planks and wood sticks.
The ground tiller recipe now requires more metal shards.
Bulk Changes - Many bulk changes have been made in an effort to meet somewhere in the middle of realistic and not annoying.
Canned food is 25 instead of 100.
All instances of water bottles are 25 instead of 50.
Backpacks are 150 instead of 600.
Military backpacks are 500 instead of 1400.
Car batteries 300 instead of 100.
Car fuel is 100 instead of 10.
Wood logs are 50 instead of 100.
Wood planks are 25 instead of 50.
Campfires are 50 instead of 100.
Scrap Metal is to 25 instead of 5.
Metal Sheets are 100 instead of 50.
Metal Pipes are 150 instead of 50.
Shirts are 50 instead of 100.
Jeans are 50 instead of 100.
Many melee weapons have had their bulk reduced.
First aid kits are 25 instead of 10.
All meat is 15 instead of 5.
Rifle ammo is 2 instead of 1.
Shotgun shells are 5 instead of 1.
Arrows are 5 instead of 1.
Shirts can now only hold 50 bulk instead of 90.
Pants can now only hold 50 bulk instead of 100.

5 bulk arrows and 5 bulk shotgun shells are both ridiculous.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Yeah, it's just for storing bags within bags. Which I have no idea why'd you do that, unless it was Military and you already had one. Glad that'll take less space, though. But the arrow thing in the early game is going to be a killer.

I'm mainly looking forward to being able to carry more campfires. Do planks work in grills and furnaces, or does it have to be a log?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Eonwe posted:

Yes its an excellent post

I have finally taken my revenge for SWG and also them nerfing iksar monk tail rakes

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Finding the balance between high pop and nothing around is going to be tricky, but I'm having fun for now.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Has the loot cache key spawn rate gone up? I've gone from finding none to finding three.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

The best thing to do about avoiding hackers is to avoid pleasant valley altogether

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Verisimilidude posted:

Has anyone ever actually been killed by a zombie in this game?

I didn't know about the Q key to push them off, before it was a gameplay/loading tip. So yes, I did.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'd also like to see loot that isn't picked up eventually spawn itself because every neighborhood in a high pop server is bottlepocalypse

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Launcher can't connect. Dey break em' alright.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

A few of the CTS people have started playing on Ground Zero, which has been relatively hacker free.

I think ammo tuning was further adjusted to make .223, .308 and shells rarer than they were before. I don't really even pick up hunting rifles or AR's unless I already have ammo for them; they become a burden to carry.

Edit: If you still play this drat game go post in the PGS thread and let's get something going again. Tired of building furnaces :)

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 16, 2015

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Yeah. At this point, they would be silly not to sell it as the main feature. It's all most people here are playing now.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Anyone know when next restart is? Every tabletop loot spawn is just combat knives, shirts, bottles or machetes. I've been dropping them on the floor as a public service.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

New shotgun is the truth. Killed five separate ambushers today.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I've only dropped injured people in one go. If you can land two pellets to the head or three to center mass, probably.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

They *really* need to add some kind of loot recycling. Every house is knives and bottles.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Republicans posted:

I wonder what they mean by this exactly.

It sounds like rot remains the same but doors and walls have been made stronger.

Edit: Killed by fully geared guy within 10 minutes of the server coming up. Had helmet, car, shotgun, the works. Russian hacker. Oh my God.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 25, 2015

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'd really like to know where he got a military backpack, shotgun, multiple shells, a car, and X-ray specs to see me prone. That was... I like this game, but that's rough.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

South posted:

Just got this game and playing with my brother-in-law and a few friends. Any suggestions on a good spot to build a base? Where are the best spawns for guns and ammo? Is it police and fire stations like Day Z?

Really just police stations, and they are usually occupied. Residential neighborhoods add up getting 1-3 rounds at a time, but big gun ammo is rarer.

South posted:

A few more questions.
If I break down a door on another players shack, can I replace it with one I built and change the key code? Can I place structures on another players foundation/platform?

I'm not sure about that one. There are ownership rules, as you don't have to unlock a door you set the code for. Whether you can basejack like that, I'm not sure.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

I was watching someone stream and chat was saying that if you set graphics to low that shrubbery and stuff isnt nearly as visible and its much easier to see players.

I was in a gas station. Thinking about it, he probably saw me in third person when he drove by.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hagop posted:

Yes you can. Thought if doors have 10x the heath they used to this is going to take a long rear end time.

Has spear damage against walls been patched? Pretty easy to get an inventory full of spears.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Tab8715 posted:

I wonder how many IEDs it'll take to open a door.

They really aren't great against structures. Before the patch I did some testing and one won't even take a quarter off of a metal door.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Tab8715 posted:

Anyway, this makes IEDs useless.

This makes me want to kill a bear with one.

One of us is gonna die.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

:siren: The Q key to push off a zombie isn't working, don't get grabbed, it'll kill you :siren:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hotfix coming.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

There is zero reason to die of starvation. Get on that Blackberry grind.

I am playing on Ground Zero and on occasion, Romero. Romero is few and far between, but I run into people on GZ all the time. I think that's where most goons are playing.

If you don't have a mic, you can usually use a webcam. If you don't have a webcam, you can scream DON'T SHOOT ME into a pair of earbuds plugged into your mic port.

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 25, 2015

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Do you know of any other unguarded set gun spawns? There's almost always a shotgun in the rich outskirts of Pleasant Valley, x-173, x-868. I'm pretty sure one of the backyards on the Northeastern side of Lone Pine ALWAYS has a .308. I've checked several times, and there's almost always 2-4 rounds and a shotty.

Edit: If you are on Ground Zero and check this out watch for land mines :ssh:

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

South posted:

Any suggestions on where to build a base? I was thinking around 2813, -2521in the north west, or 2687, 860 in the north center.

Make sure your sources of scrap and wood aren't too far away, I'd say. Also: Don't leave a hillside for someone to dome you with a .308. Put your crafting stations inside a shelter, for the same reason.

:siren: new glitch :soe:

Rebinding your shove key, then pressing it, speeds up melee attack speed in the current patch. You can get four machete or combat knife swings in the time of two.

• Locked thread