Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love this good classic platformer so I bought it and am going to play it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Good choice. makes me want to plug my Super Nintendo into the living room CRT and plug in the Yoshi cartridge to the console and then plug in a bunch of old snes controllers until i figure out which one the good one is

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I love this good classic platformer so I bought it and am going to play it again.

On what, Wii U VC?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

On what, Wii U VC?

Yes. It's currently 6.50 for the Wii U

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

One thing I gotta complain about is it seems they want to make the GBA versions of some classic SNES titles the "Nintendo Canon" versions, which they may well be perfectly fine but I'd like to have the SNES ones as an option.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

Good choice. makes me want to plug my Super Nintendo into the living room CRT and plug in the Yoshi cartridge to the console and then plug in a bunch of old snes controllers until i figure out which one the good one is

drat....right in the feels

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yes. It's currently 6.50 for the Wii U

Is it the SNES one or the GBA one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It's the GBA one sadly. Idk why or what the difference is but I just started playing it and will report back. Right off the bat the music seems worse but that could be nostalgia talking.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I know speed runners hate that one and even though I don't care about speed running that particular game it might be a problem with lag or who knows what, I forgot the reasoning.,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I know speed runners hate that one and even though I don't care about speed running that particular game it might be a problem with lag or who knows what, I forgot the reasoning.,

If speedrunners hate it its probably because they patched out bugs.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
it has bad audio quality and very small graphical differences but some more levels i also believe they took out fuzzies so dont bother playing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they really took out fuzzies im gonna be pissed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they definitely did not take out fuzzies.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

If they really took out fuzzies im gonna be pissed.
instead of looking it up before i posted i did it after and apparently they are in the game but the effect is different

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just 100% level 1-1...drat this game is good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never 100%ed it so now's as good a time as any I suppose.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I played the 3DS one

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
thing i always notice about the GBA version is that the babby crying noise is different but i mean it is still an excellent game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bah I guess I'll buy this anyway. I fell off on 100%ing it before so maybe I'll do that on the toilet now.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

probably bug patching, but on an actual GBA (maybe also even gba emulation?) it has really big framerate drops on top of whatever other problems.

iirc they also changed some of the sound effects for some reason

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
The GBA version added the Yoshi noises so it's automatically worse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I played the 3DS one

You mean the DS one? Because I also played that thinking it was just gonna be a Yoshis Island remake and it sucked rear end!! It was infected with major Fail AIDS!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Bah I guess I'll buy this anyway. I fell off on 100%ing it before so maybe I'll do that on the toilet now.

:cheers:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

While I'm looking at this sale should I get SMG2.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

You mean the DS one? Because I also played that thinking it was just gonna be a Yoshis Island remake and it sucked rear end!! It was infected with major Fail AIDS!!!!

It was and apparently the 3DS one was major fail to

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Wormskull posted:

The SNES one isn't available because I guess the Super FX chip is impossible to emulate or something

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Wormskull posted:

If you don't own it already, yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Yes. Its the best Mario since 64. Or at least it was until Super Mario 3d World came out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I buy it through the store do I have to go into the virtual Wii to play it or will I be able to from the Wii U menu.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If I buy it through the store do I have to go into the virtual Wii to play it or will I be able to from the Wii U menu.

It will be available from the Wii U

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It will be available from the Wii U

Hmmm cool.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Wormskull posted:

its really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also: Nintendo is rolling out a system where you can put the Wii disc in of a Wii game available on their store (for example, Super Mario Galaxy 2) and it will let you download and play the Wii U upscaled version

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also: Nintendo is rolling out a system where you can put the Wii disc in of a Wii game available on their store (for example, Super Mario Galaxy 2) and it will let you download and play the Wii U upscaled version

Nintendo just gets more epic every day.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Woah. thats really good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Nintendo just gets more epic every day.

They won 2014 and they're going to effortlessly win 2015 by eventually letting me play Super Mario Sunshine with a pro controller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have Metroid Prime for gamecube, and the Prime Trilogy for wii, and I even ripped the drat disc so I could play it with a pro controller (see my Metroid thread for the pics), and I'm still gonna pay the 10 bucks for the Wii U Prime Collection because it's the best drat game around and I love it so much.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

is Galaxy the only Wii thing they got on there yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I forgot what Wii games I even own. Uhh new super mario, Muramasa demon blade, Smash Bros Brawl... Something else I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When are they getting N64 things on the Wii U VC.

• Locked thread