Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

is Galaxy the only Wii thing they got on there yet.

Yes, they are rolling out one game a week until February, Its punch out and then the Prime Trilogy. They will all be half off for their first week on sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

When are they getting N64 things on the Wii U VC.

Maybe before 2016, hopefully.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Also: Nintendo is rolling out a system where you can put the Wii disc in of a Wii game available on their store (for example, Super Mario Galaxy 2) and it will let you download and play the Wii U upscaled version

pfffwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaat????????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bandit house minigames are epic; good music, good distraction, and they're well hidden in levels. Wow this game is good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

God Himself probably couldn't of made a more sicker console than the Wii U.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

You mean the DS one? Because I also played that thinking it was just gonna be a Yoshis Island remake and it sucked rear end!! It was infected with major Fail AIDS!!!!

there's a3ds one from last yea thats also garbage

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You loving slut I logged into Steam ready for some Yosh, gently caress you OP

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Also: Nintendo is rolling out a system where you can put the Wii disc in of a Wii game available on their store (for example, Super Mario Galaxy 2) and it will let you download and play the Wii U upscaled version

no seriously, are you saying that if you own the disc, you can download the game for free off the shop, or at least this a thing they're going to do? because my friend has punch out and the MP trilogy and if i can just use their discs to download it from the shop for free then holy poo poo.

or is that not what you're saying at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

no seriously, are you saying that if you own the disc, you can download the game for free off the shop, or at least this a thing they're going to do? because my friend has punch out and the MP trilogy and if i can just use their discs to download it from the shop for free then holy poo poo.

or is that not what you're saying at all

Thats what I think Im saying, because nintendo said something like that. let me find the quote

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
No sale until the snes version. I can't deal with the inferior music and resolution

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thats what I think Im saying, because nintendo said something like that. let me find the quote

"Meanwhile, Nintendo also announced on Wednesday that some Wii games will benefit from enhanced compatibility support on Wii U. Although all Wii games can be played on the Wii U, players need to enter into the system's emulator to play these. Nintendo is implementing a workaround whereby all that is required to play certain Wii games is that the disc is inserted." I think the wording was a little different a while ago, because i was reading this was the direct was happening.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

"Meanwhile, Nintendo also announced on Wednesday that some Wii games will benefit from enhanced compatibility support on Wii U. Although all Wii games can be played on the Wii U, players need to enter into the system's emulator to play these. Nintendo is implementing a workaround whereby all that is required to play certain Wii games is that the disc is inserted." I think the wording was a little different a while ago, because i was reading this was the direct was happening.

i think you shouldnt beleive anything until nintendo says it themselves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think you shouldnt beleive anything until nintendo says it themselves

Fair enough. Regardless, Im going to buy that Trilogy version. Also, the weirdest part about this yoshi's island port is that you can still put the game in Sleep Mode, like how gba games could let you enter a powersaving mode, lol.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i'll buy the trilogy at 10 bucks to be safe but if they do that it will be epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

i'll buy the trilogy at 10 bucks to be safe but if they do that it will be epic

it will be supreme ownage if they do but im going to buy it anyway because my hope is that this is them testing the interest for a new metroid game

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
the gba version was perfectly fine and i played it a lot as a kid. idc about the music because lol who listens to the music or sounds in a mario game

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pookum posted:

the gba version was perfectly fine and i played it a lot as a kid. idc about the music because lol who listens to the music or sounds in a mario game

um

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pookum posted:

Mario games are some of the only games where, if they had music volume controls, I wouldn't turn them all the way down. You can gently caress off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pookum posted:

:yikes:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

[Yoshi's Athletic Theme]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiqwnAI9Yoc

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

oh baby, i'm celebrating now! we're all having a party and its a really great time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pookum posted:

*badass pookum cancels out the gay kiddie shity poo poo of the mario graphics by cranking up linkin park's hit single Breaking the Habbit from 2003 classic Meteora*

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The GBA version has a smaller screen since it is 240×160 and not 256x224 like most SNES games ran at.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

oh baby, i'm celebrating now! we're all having a party and its a really great time

After going 100% on level 1-1, ive missed at least 1 flower on every level since....its a hollow celebration.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

*badass pookum cancels out the gay kiddie shity poo poo of the mario graphics by cranking up linkin park's hit single Breaking the Habbit from 2003 classic Meteora*

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This but I genuinely liked that Album.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pookum posted:

what the gently caress?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm trying SMG2.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Fair enough. Regardless, Im going to buy that Trilogy version. Also, the weirdest part about this yoshi's island port is that you can still put the game in Sleep Mode, like how gba games could let you enter a powersaving mode, lol.

The absolute direct emulation is pretty great some times

you can buy puyo puyo 2 on the US e-shop and it's the Japanese version with no translation

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pookum posted:

:wtc:

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

the baby mario crying sound is pretty loving annoying though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

liquid courage posted:

the baby mario crying sound is pretty loving annoying though.

so dont let it happen, dummy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

version differences:
1. some effects, like the transparent multicolored water effect when Kammy casts a spell on an enemy to make it a boss, are just completely absent
2. sound and music is slightly worse
3. fuzzy effect toned down A LOT
4. bonus levels are earned if you 100% the normal levels, they are rear end in a top hat levels that are pretty loving hard

i say that 1-3 are worth it for 4 but some people are really anal about minor details

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

get this gane, and galaxy 2, unless you're really stupid.

also buy the poo poo out of punch out when it's out gently caress yeah i want punch-out wii for 10 loving dollars god drat. you get to fight donkey kong in that game as a secret final boss. poo poo is nuts

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bobnumerotres posted:

version differences:

real list http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi%27s_Island:_Super_Mario_Advance_3#List_of_changes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i made a pretty good summary of that list

i didnt know the extra levels were also in the original. i guess theres just hard levels added if you beat the last boss

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i dont mind most of the changes but i do miss the original music, i was a bit startled when i loaded it up and didnt get those sweet classic jams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the GBA version was a pain in the rear end to play because of the smaller screen size. it wasn't unplayable but i like the SNES version better

also, gently caress the Yoshi noises

• Locked thread