Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I made this thread long ago in a forum far away, so here it is again. Post some goals your working on, weekly ones or something, and try to record you doing them. My goal at the mome, is to get at least one billion points in Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire, and to get to 70 stars in SM64 by the end of the week. Become the best gamer you can be, little by little or big by big.

Here's some examples of goals from the last thread I did, if your looking for some inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXMFISovvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUyIsFh077Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBbq2l1y3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IglWlHKEiqE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

At the moment, probably just beat the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time before Majora's Mask comes out. I know that's a solid month, I'm soft.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I'm going to beat Bayonetta on Non-Stop Infinite Climax by the end of February. I think my streaming box might work for my ps3, dunno.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you can't record it, hell that's fine, but I do love to see gamers becoming better at there craft's.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
come up with one for me op and i'll consider doing it but right now the only thing on my mind for the year 2015 is building an epic minecraft castle... which isn't a very good goal i think

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

come up with one for me op and i'll consider doing it but right now the only thing on my mind for the year 2015 is building an epic minecraft castle... which isn't a very good goal i think

Did you do the iron man thing I said about Stalker.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i don't remember but i definitely did not install stalker

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Did you do the iron man thing I said about Stalker.

like an ironman run of the game or one part of it in particular

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm going to complete as many games as I can in 2015.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

01011001 posted:

like an ironman run of the game or one part of it in particular

My rules are you play one of the games and you only autosave, you cant store ammo or guns, you have to carry under I think 20kg I think, and uhhh, I guess if the game has upgrading maybe you can but since your going to drop your gun and pick up a new one when it's out of ammo it won't matter. And probably something else but I forgot what.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I intended to do my own run of that for a while but I didn't really have the streaming hardware for it and I probably still don't.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I don't really have any specific game goals right now, but I'm focused on generally pushing myself to my gaming limits and then overcoming them. I just started really challenging myself recently with harder and harder games and while it can be frustrating it's also quite satisfying and cool as you learn the in's and out's of a game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I don't really have any specific game goals right now, but I'm focused on generally pushing myself to my gaming limits and then overcoming them. I just started really challenging myself recently with harder and harder games and while it can be frustrating it's also quite satisfying and cool as you learn the in's and out's of a game.

Having general goals such as these, are sometimes seen as a mark of depression. Good luck gamer.

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

My rules are you play one of the games and you only autosave, you cant store ammo or guns, you have to carry under I think 20kg I think, and uhhh, I guess if the game has upgrading maybe you can but since your going to drop your gun and pick up a new one when it's out of ammo it won't matter. And probably something else but I forgot what.

that sounds cool as hell, i dont remember how much ammo guns usually drop with though

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ok my goal is to start Stalker Cop and beat it without dying once and then post the whole video as one video in the LP forum

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My goal is to finally have the strength to pull the trigger, OP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright I'm about to get started on the Pinball goal, and probably will stream it but no mic since I'm going to watch another stream or a TV show or something.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Having general goals such as these, are sometimes seen as a mark of depression. Good luck gamer.

drat. Well, I guess I do have more specific goals. I'm trying to 100% Hyrule Warriors and I'll be gaming hard on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when it's released later this year. I bought Lovely Planet during the Steam sale so I can dive into that as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I bought Lovely Planet during the Steam sale so I can dive into that as well.

This is some win.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'll try to play a game this month.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well I didn't get the billion today. Maybe before bed I'll play some more.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Well I didn't get the billion today. Maybe before bed I'll play some more.

I believe in you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A subgoal is to remember to use the tilt more often.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was just thinking about this thread and I was going to ask you to make it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a very epic run going.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Errrr, I'm just going to play super mario galaxy 2 again for now OP. Sorry.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to beat both Digital Devil Saga games. I'm streaming 1 every day.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a free ball and caught Kyogre... and I'm still on the first ball. Some epic poo poo is going down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I blew it on this ball. :sigh: Epic 20x lost to the wrong flipper flip.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My goal? Bae...

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

My goal is to play less games.... because I want to force my bf to play all of the Zeldas while I yell at him for being so poo poo at games.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm going to beat Beelzebub on hard in SMT IV and finally wrap up every ending in Nocturne.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im going to beat merciless on poe

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?

Larry Parrish posted:

im going to beat merciless on poe

same

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Wormskull posted:

this is impossible without some crazy rear end knife technology. how the gently caress are you going to deal with mobs of mutants or a single controller or whatever? just run?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to escape this dungeon of the endless

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

subhuman filth posted:

this is impossible without some crazy rear end knife technology. how the gently caress are you going to deal with mobs of mutants or a single controller or whatever? just run?

Pussy.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

current gamer goals are beating tales of xillia and learning some easy combos in guilty gear xrd

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Swelter Discharge posted:

current gamer goals are beating tales of xillia and learning some easy combos in guilty gear xrd

Oh right I gotta learn some combos in Tekken soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

subhuman filth posted:

most things you can just run from if youre out in the open especially if youre somewhere where you can run towards other humans. if youre not out in the open and its dangerous knife works pretty well, or depending on the game/area sometimes theres groups of enemies with guns right before the dangerous thing so grab guns/refill your gun's ammo from those

• Locked thread