Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i tried so hard to like EYE but the constantly respawning enemies is insanely, ridiculously annoying since i get lost in the massive loving levels so easily

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

NPCs in source games need navigation meshes in levels so they know how/where to move around. The loving frog developers thought it'd be a good idea to block any console command that you need cheats enabled for, despite the nav generation command not exactly being an actual cheat. I know this isn't the Gamer Gripes thread, but i'm a little pissed off about that

Larry Parrish posted:

i tried so hard to like EYE but the constantly respawning enemies is insanely, ridiculously annoying since i get lost in the massive loving levels so easily

Invest in turrets, you can set up little bases and they help a shitload with orienting yourself

Dec 26, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

hack dudes+enemy turrets more so you get buddies every time they show up

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

01011001 posted:

hack dudes+enemy turrets more so you get buddies every time they show up

or, or, OR

Jam triple-a batteries into your heart until you have the energy for the cloaking tech necessary to fulfill the chameleon otherkin trapped inside you

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
im going to play through 50 games in 2015 and stream as much of it as i can

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finished Reprisal Universe and working on Rogue Legacy: RNG doesn't care about your equipment achievement.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm going to beat pokemon omega ruby using nuzlocke rules, and then I'm going to complete the pokedex and defeat whatever the battle maison of this game is.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

I did it. Acquired every Pokemon (excluding some event Legendaries) and got the Shiny Charm for completing my Dex. Just over a month after getting the game, with some time taken out for beating Kingdom Hearts and playing Shin Megami Tensei IV and Smash Bros.

Time to grind for shinies for the rest of my life

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm going to beat pokemon omega ruby using nuzlocke rules, and then I'm going to complete the pokedex and defeat whatever the battle maison of this game is.

The Battle Maison of this game is the Battle Maison, and it blows, and I want my loving Battle Frontier back

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I already have all the pokemon in my bank, I probably just need to breed the lower forms.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I already have all the pokemon in my bank, I probably just need to breed the lower forms.

Yeah I'm probably gonna do this for future gens, but this gen I started with absolutely nothing, and it was entirely me and my Fiancee catching, breeding, and GTSing, then sharing our results.

Never again.

Edit: Until just two days ago I thought I needed ALL Pokemon, event legends included, and I had resigned myself to weeks of searching for Mew and Celebi etc. Thankfully they don't count toward Pokedex completion because Game Freak doesn't hate us that much.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mach2 posted:

Yeah I'm probably gonna do this for future gens, but this gen I started with absolutely nothing, and it was entirely me and my Fiancee catching, breeding, and GTSing, then sharing our results.

Never again.

I cheated, in that I put dittos I caught from friend safari up and labeled them as 5IV and I could literally get any pokemon I wanted including every single legendary.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Team Rocket IRL.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I cheated, in that I put dittos I caught from friend safari up and labeled them as 5IV and I could literally get any pokemon I wanted including every single legendary.

Im going to do this now

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I assume every single 6IV Ditto listed on GTS is a complete lie, but I want to trade Victini and poo poo for them anyway.

The best part is that with chaining in ORAS, getting a 6IV ditto is completely trivial.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mach2 posted:

I assume every single 6IV Ditto listed on GTS is a complete lie, but I want to trade Victini and poo poo for them anyway.

The best part is that with chaining in ORAS, getting a 6IV ditto is completely trivial.

That's actually cool. I managed to get japanese dittos of every nature before fake gts went away.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Knuc U Kinte posted:

drat son...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Team Rocket IRL.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My goal for the conceivable future is to complete the standard speed course in Reflex.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Goal complete.
Turns out, I had a lot more equipment to get in Rogue Legacy. Last piece was in a compass room. Next time I bother with this drat game, I'll roll barbarian with all retribution stuff. Should be enough to have both end bosses kill themselves and move on to NG++.

Now working on Metal Gear Rising.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i would like to beat the poo poo out of all the monsters in mh4.

Dec 26, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

i would like to beat the poo poo out of all the monsters in mh4.

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
eye status report: figured out the pathing thing, turns out i'm just a big gay baby who can't follow directions. Map progress is comin' along nicely.

• Locked thread