Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I made this thread long ago in a forum far away, so here it is again. Post some goals your working on, weekly ones or something, and try to record you doing them. My goal at the mome, is to get at least one billion points in Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire, and to get to 70 stars in SM64 by the end of the week. Become the best gamer you can be, little by little or big by big.

Here's some examples of goals from the last thread I did, if your looking for some inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXMFISovvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUyIsFh077Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBbq2l1y3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IglWlHKEiqE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you can't record it, hell that's fine, but I do love to see gamers becoming better at there craft's.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

come up with one for me op and i'll consider doing it but right now the only thing on my mind for the year 2015 is building an epic minecraft castle... which isn't a very good goal i think

Did you do the iron man thing I said about Stalker.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

01011001 posted:

like an ironman run of the game or one part of it in particular

My rules are you play one of the games and you only autosave, you cant store ammo or guns, you have to carry under I think 20kg I think, and uhhh, I guess if the game has upgrading maybe you can but since your going to drop your gun and pick up a new one when it's out of ammo it won't matter. And probably something else but I forgot what.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I intended to do my own run of that for a while but I didn't really have the streaming hardware for it and I probably still don't.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I don't really have any specific game goals right now, but I'm focused on generally pushing myself to my gaming limits and then overcoming them. I just started really challenging myself recently with harder and harder games and while it can be frustrating it's also quite satisfying and cool as you learn the in's and out's of a game.

Having general goals such as these, are sometimes seen as a mark of depression. Good luck gamer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright I'm about to get started on the Pinball goal, and probably will stream it but no mic since I'm going to watch another stream or a TV show or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I bought Lovely Planet during the Steam sale so I can dive into that as well.

This is some win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well I didn't get the billion today. Maybe before bed I'll play some more.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A subgoal is to remember to use the tilt more often.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a very epic run going.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a free ball and caught Kyogre... and I'm still on the first ball. Some epic poo poo is going down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I blew it on this ball. :sigh: Epic 20x lost to the wrong flipper flip.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

subhuman filth posted:

this is impossible without some crazy rear end knife technology. how the gently caress are you going to deal with mobs of mutants or a single controller or whatever? just run?

Pussy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Swelter Discharge posted:

current gamer goals are beating tales of xillia and learning some easy combos in guilty gear xrd

Oh right I gotta learn some combos in Tekken soon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think instead of Anna/Wang I'm going to be Anna/Zafira or whatever the belly dance chick is since she looks badass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got another goal which is, beat normal on HC in Path of Exile.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The temple with the gold statues is the first cool level in the entire game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Saki posted:

I kinda felt dumb shooting down dozens of attack ribbons though

Yea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

im in the middle of the game doing all gems and objectives but im not planning on time trials cuz i like the game being chill

The camera is way too hosed up for me to want to play it fast.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He messaged me when I was asleep to tell me he was streaming and about a minute after starting the stream he went offline.

Sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have 63 I think.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

And you call yoursaelf the op of the gamer goals v2 thread.....

It's a goal.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well I almost completed the Path of Exile goal on my duelist.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In the recording of my failure the capture window is all jacked up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Around the beginning of Act 2 I stopped getting any items that had the kinds of sockets and life on hit I needed so I feel like if I had at least gotten a upgraded claw I would of done it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And to top things off I accidentally just deleted a sick unique amulet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

If you try it again on normal

LOL.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I immediately delete the characters if I die so, no way that one's happening.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm going to get all the stars in NES Remix 1 and 2. Even for the games that are terrible.

All I got left in 1 is the crappy ones and it really put me off for a while.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames posted:

goal update:
guitar learning going well. managed to restring the guitar and have started my way to becoming a prodigy by learning how to play the Super Mario 64 theme.

Well cone.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

120FPS gamer here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Now that I have seen 120FPS@120hz 60FPS looks like insane rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll have to work on the SM64 goal this week but my other goal for the week is getting a good time in Bonus Stage 25 in NES Remix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My goal for the conceivable future is to complete the standard speed course in Reflex.

• Locked thread