Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
finish a few EYE maps

haha just kidding, the shithead devs thought it'd be a good idea to block the console command you need to generate AI navmeshes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

NPCs in source games need navigation meshes in levels so they know how/where to move around. The loving frog developers thought it'd be a good idea to block any console command that you need cheats enabled for, despite the nav generation command not exactly being an actual cheat. I know this isn't the Gamer Gripes thread, but i'm a little pissed off about that

Larry Parrish posted:

i tried so hard to like EYE but the constantly respawning enemies is insanely, ridiculously annoying since i get lost in the massive loving levels so easily

Invest in turrets, you can set up little bases and they help a shitload with orienting yourself

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

01011001 posted:

hack dudes+enemy turrets more so you get buddies every time they show up

or, or, OR

Jam triple-a batteries into your heart until you have the energy for the cloaking tech necessary to fulfill the chameleon otherkin trapped inside you

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
eye status report: figured out the pathing thing, turns out i'm just a big gay baby who can't follow directions. Map progress is comin' along nicely.

• Locked thread