Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Exclamation Marx posted:

well yeah. it's only close to excusable the first time, if he really thought that he and the staff had that kind of relationship. i feel like it's been unclear from reports that it was actually over a long period and not multiple times during one cafe visit.

You should change your av to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Sell those rubber Nixon masks, except John Key masks, and then DPF can go to more costume parties dressed as a sex offender

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Combine the two for Halloween, and it'd be the hot new "couples costume when you're not wearing a couples costume "

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

I would if I were the PM though.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

If you were a smart PM you'd just pay off high end, discreet hookers to let you indulge your hair touching fantasies.

Or children. No one believes children, but you gotta not do it while posing for photographs.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Butt Wizard posted:

I didn't know Key invented the GCSB. You learn something new every day.

Maybe tomorrow you could focus on learning about metaphors.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

puchu posted:

Hi who here slept through the dawn service like me

At least remembrance day has the far better timed symbolic minute at 11:11

I don't know why they don't do a dusk one too, except that people might think that begrudgingly subjecting themselves to inconvenience is somehow a better way to honour the dead.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

And the Independent.

How about a term that real people use next time, yeah?

Pretty sure that Dawn was the only real point of the day when they were both awake and not being shot at. It's a nice gesture.

That's sensible. I figured it was because (at least in part) of "... and in the morning, we will remember them".

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/CampbellLiveNZ/status/592176903894663169

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

That's the sorta bloke to have a bottled water with.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Are the subsequent chapters written any better than the earlier ones?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

This is you right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B9MqNzQuuk

You've downgraded from "death", to "deathblow", to the "the decline". These terms are not synonymous.

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 4, 2015

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Make the hammer a patu tyia

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

fong posted:

someone photoshop JK's crotch to the other end pls

Paging emminou back to the thread.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Check out the scrub who doesn't have a negligent boss, poorly-defined work parameters and an ever-increasing desire for another job :smug:

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Can someone please watch Campbell Live and tell me what the Justine/Justice thing is about? I don't care enough to find batteries and plug in my freeview thinger.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

That sign language translator is earning her money.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Pretty sure I told you to take a big sign to wave.

You've no one to blame but yourself.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

That's some real low effort anonymising too. Just enough info left to confirm it if you know the people involved, even if their posts were deleted.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

I keep thinking I should contact the Green party to help out, but I'm kind of useless because all I have to offer are worthless opinions and the ability to complain on the internet about the country not having the same ones.

Are you good at ignoring emails too? They send a lot.

The most interesting one I got was a reply to an email saying something along the lines of "Persons A, B and C are our delegates who will be attending the conference and voting on your behalf." The reply came through informing everyone on that list that Person A was in fact a grace member who was required to pay his dues arrears owing in order for him to be a representative, and they may need to elect someone else.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

eat the rich. That's really important.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Not their brains though. That's how you get kuru.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Do kids still do manual classes at Intermediate? Like woodwork and poo poo? They should keep woodwork because it's handy, but drop metalwork for balancing a budget and learning about tax/mortgages, and make home economics actually something to do with economics.
Also Te Reo classes.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Looks like he's the GM of Community something, and his comments are mostly responding to comments about Telecom/Spark. That's pretty acceptable, although God knows why you'd bother on that website.

Gross that they're sponsoring him with anything though. Got a link about it that isn't to WhaleOil?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

tldr I used my platform to complain about a company and managed to score this thing for free when you plebs would have to pay for it

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

I was talking to a real estate agent yesterday, who said that her friend had paid about 300k for a 60sqm apartment 6 years ago, and sold it last week for 800k. She was upset because she was expecting more.

e: in Auckland somewhere

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

echinopsis posted:

gently caress the process of buying a house

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Is this that place with the nice yard and "activities room" and poo poo? Or am I thinking of a different thread?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Journalish.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

What? Ours has 4 stars, and Australia's originally had 6-pointed stars until they made ACT and changed them to 7 points to represent the seven states/territories. decided to include Papua and future territories and made it have 7 points.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

NZAmoeba posted:

I'd bet the queen will outlive Charles have Charles neutralised to prevent damage to the throne.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Ivor Biggun posted:

It's almost like she's being willfully ignorant a complete thunderoval officeSlavvy.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

If everyone in your social circle is engaging that way, your non-participation is cool and all but you're gonna miss things that everyone else is getting involved in. No one wants the extra effort of having to accommodate the weirdo who won't join facebook because reasons.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

How do you see all the rad "Minion quotes" your mother-in-law posts, then?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

What if I do it in semaphore, but someone youtubes it?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Spiteski posted:

This is pretty nice, all rentals (except where physically impossible inconvenient) will soon need to be insulated by law, as well as a couple of other bits about smoke alarms being landlords responsibility

ftfy

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

newtestleper posted:

Ratios and Tendency calls his stepdad Fascist, then throws his plate of mum's special spag bol (his favourite) at the wall and storms off to his room to play final fantasy.

is the ffvii remake out already?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

I think it's clear we need to go back to an emotion-based eye for an eye type thing with no peer oversight on "justice", because individuals taking it into their own hands to right problems and/or punish perceived wrongdoers is what this society is based on.

When has a bereaved family member, or even an uninformed 3rd party's opinion on anything ever been wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Oh, there seems to be some confusion.
You're under the impression that that was a response directed to you, when in actual fact it was mocking you and your opinions which are so egregiously terrible that they don't merit any form of good-faith response.

That's my fault, I should have been clearer. Apologies for the mix up.

• Locked thread