Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

bobbilljim posted:

im moving back into my parents house soon #rip me

I did this because my lease was about to run out and it was uni student housing season. I accidentally fell down stairs at work and now it's like 12 months later.

FYI ACC will no longer pay for taxis to loving anywhere, regardless of if it's physio, medical appointments, or even your surgery.

Meanwhile any government dept I could work in has been intentionally downsized in preference of 'preferred contractors' because they don't show up on employee expenditure sheets.

Thank goodness that the private sector is here to provide jobs to save the government money [gets paid a disgustingly low amount on Independent Contractor status to avoid any kind of employee benefit at all]

The System Works

Brain In A Jar fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I see you've provided two copies of this post, as per bureaucratic procedures. Good job.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Cumslut1895 posted:

Yes. (and I know I said I'd support them earlier, but I would have considered a different set of evidence reliable if I lived back then)
Super guilt requires *clear* images of the crime actually taking place, or multiple, good, accurate an unconnected witnesses
(or DNA evidence in the case of rape)

SUPER GUILTY

MEGA GUILTY

ULTRA GUILTY

:siren:GUILTY SPREE:siren:

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I dunno why goons are so worried about Veitchy. We're protected on stairs after all.

I am emphatically not.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Hotter Than The Pope sounds like either a sitcom, or a game show

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Sorry ExZippo, peanut and/or satay on a burger is great. You're legit wrong.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I don't think exactly one dumb guy with bad opinions not liking pickles makes them divisive. They have almost 100% approval.

Much like John Key

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Actual Cannibal Maximilian Key

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Good speech, delivered to empty room.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Infotainment! posted:

I'd make her feel grose in the spine (if you know what I mean ;) )

I think we've already had more than enough NZ media figures involved in grose spine feels

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

klen dool posted:

I've had 3, careless driving, being on a building, and breaking a bottle on the street. Both good letters of apology and being white helps....

What exactly does "being on a building" entail?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

fong posted:

Gosh if only people had said this was a bad idea and warned of mission creep and such. And if only JK had promised it'd be 2 years at most. If only.

Please don't say the word 'creep' in this thread. It makes John zone out and compile a list of his top ten ponytails and causes Max to alt tab out of his cracked copy of Ableton and start linking instagram pics to Brazilians playing DOTA.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Any time candidates talk about slashing rates/taxes I picture that goon libertarian fanfic about the guy deliberating over his toilet flushing company and then going to work by paying to go down the Toll Street

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/11Ley.gif

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Labour's alternative vision for the future is "we're not national lol what are you gonna do vote for the other guy?"

Well, it worked for Hillary

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Varkk posted:

Just think if Metiria had kept quiet about her past she wouldn't have handed them a talking point.

At which point someone would have leaked it anyway, and she would have been strategically blasted as even more of a liar and a hypocrite than she already has been. It was a no-win sitch.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I used to be against Team Key. Against the government we have so bravely aligned under Hon. Sir English.

I was 13 at the time. A child. How was I to know the realities of the world? Thankfully, I got caught outside at 9:30pm on a schoolnight.

It was stupid of me really. Why did I think I would be okay to see the latest b-movie cinema shlock and still be on my way home by 9? If anything. I guess it was hubris. Chris and Donald both got picked up by their mums after the film, but my mum works two jobs, so sometimes I miss her and she just leaves some cash on the kitchen bench for me to buy dinner. That night, I spent it on movie tickets, because it was cheap Tuesday and I got a discount with my student id.

Anyway, it's Tuesday again now, but it's still cold and snowing. It feels weird because back home it'd be warm enough to wear jeans, or maybe even shorts, but here I can feel the snow cut through to my bones. The morning run is usually alright, but today they made us cross the river, so my feet are frozen. It's a good feeling, it's numb but at the same time it keeps me sharp, for lessons.

They tell me about the boat people. In Australia, they arrive by the thousands. Dressed in unbranded clothing, armed to the teeth. They threaten everything Australia holds dear, is what they tell us. Some of them are even gay. There are no homos here at Waiuru, although sometimes we play the hole boy at camp. It's not gay, it's just part of orientation when you arrive at the cabins.

They tell me that the boat people are on their way here too. "Most of them," they say "just buy a house for two to three [million] in Epsom, install their parents or kids, and move back to their country of origin". I imagine them, partners, sons, daughters, all of them skilled and ready to take our jobs. Those fuckers. Cmdr Winnie said on the training video that they'd buy out our suburbs one by one. We'd never get a Gold Card, he said, because of the Immigrants.

But that's not going to happen. Today, I stand ready to face them. The boat people. The foreign hordes. The Maori invaded and ate the Moriori, did you know that? They weren't even here first. I'm ready to stop them taking our prosperity. I ask them again how many points they got on the survey. They lie, but I lie too. It's a beautiful dance, but I know it better, because my family was raised right, and my family made sure I went to the right dance schools in Remuera.

Brain In A Jar fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 13, 2017

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Just switched on the Stuff debate and Bill is just shouting over Jacinda non-stop now

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Bill English on climate change: Here is a detailed plan that we've drawn up at the bottom of the cliff, and we're working with local bodies to coordinate the positioning of the ambulances.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Stacey Kirk, the Stuff reporter posting comments under the stream, is extremely National-biased and it's starting to grate me.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

im the impassioned and drawn-out gently caress oooooooooofffff from the crowd when Bill refused to commit a rebuild figure

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

A bad post.

Brain In A Jar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 23, 2017

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

This country loving sucks, and middle New Zealand can eat my entire loving rear end hole.

Imagine how great the world feels when you realise that you can just lie to people, or tell them that the reason their paycheques are tight, or that they can't afford a home, is because there are people poorer than them, and those people are the enemy. You must feel like loving Neo at the end of The Matrix

Imagine how freeing it would be to just be able to throw other human beings under the world's biggest metaphorical bus and feel nothing except how amazing it is that you're going to earn more money next year.

I wish I'd just gone to business school and never bothered to consider the long term effects of empathy poisoning

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Xik posted:

New Zealand Government to ban foreigners from buying property
Prime Minister-elect Jacinda Ardern says new policy designed to stop soaring house prices

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/new-zealand-foreigners-buy-property-ban-coalition-talks-prime-minister-jacinda-arden-a8017261.html

Is this a something or a nothing? Like, will it do poo poo? I need the thread to tell me how to think and feel about this.

Also, no one posted about it? You kids are useless, too busy with your em and em rap musics and your nazi worshiping.

It'll do a bit to stabilise the influx of capital into assets from countries that have been facing penalties and caps on removing currency from the market (and in particular, the big boogeyman China). However, I think that ship has largely sailed – the rules dictating foreign investment and currency shifting were instigated in 2012/13-ish, and we've mostly borne the brunt of that by now.

That's not to say the kiwi boomers won't keep wanting to play the house trading game, and it's in the interest of everyone with a stake to keep the price increase train rolling. At this point it's really just a band-aid to help halt the international millionaire equivalent of the 'liquidate your assets, buy gold, Ron Paul 2020' types who want to purchase up swathes of land as basically the world's best interest-positive bank loan.

The real issue is what happens when those same boomers see their rent margins start to drop and tighten the screw on an already pummeled working class who are at unfeasibly high rent:income ratios as it is.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I'll appreciate a Crunchie in a Favourites box, but if you think I'm gonna suck down a King Size one of those bad boys, you're sorely mistaken friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

bike tory posted:

Gimme a bag of Krispies over Tim tams or crackers any day though. Pro tip for an extra healthy snack is to butter them like you would girl guide biscuits

In 20 years this will be admissable evidence in a Hague war crimes trial.

• Locked thread