Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

Lobsterpillar posted:

He reminds me of Jonah from Summer Heights High. "Puck you, sir" while smugly telling everyone he never said "gently caress you", but everybody knows what he means by it. Why do grown adults get away with this poo poo?

This is what I find most outrageous about this. The coward can't even own up to his words, he busts out the childish "well I ACTUALLY said..."

And people are actually buying it.

He absolutely did not use the word in the context he is saying he did. He's just a loving manchild who can't own up to his own mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
But muuuuum, I said he was a human being as in a bundle of sticks, haven't you read the dictionary???

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Looks like you lefties just couldn't handle Henry telling it like it is.

After all, he's just saying what we're all thinking.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
This isn't a real NZ story until it has -gate added to the end

Judgegate?

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

A 1991 celica, one of the greatest cars to ever grace this fine land.

A Correct and Good statement

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

A legal requirement in NZ for a chippie

You can buy them from United fisheries - I had one hanging up in my classroom (I had no other ideas about where to hang up a poster of fish)

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

fong posted:

I cant wait to see how National's PR machine work this into a humble brag. Herald article tomorrow about JK receiving compliments from Obama?

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Voted from overseas for the first time today - I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

Party vote Green, Wigram vote for Labour

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I would also like to point out that Nat MPs have now been involved in two scandals of serious dishonesty in the last 2 weeks yet the Dom Post won't even publish its story on one of them (Collins, Oravida), and the other barely got any investigative press at all (Jian).

The Jian one is baffling to me - it was a "blink and you miss it" story. It had a lifespan of roughly half an hour, before vanishing completely.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

I taught Ben so it makes my heart swell with pride to see him doing his thing

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

stuff commentator posted:

Can I take my baby to work, oh know it’s to dangerous !!!

+9

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

Varkk posted:

There has also been a trend for “mainstreaming” which is eliminating the special ed courses and placing all students in mixed classes. Now you can have students with serious issues and needing intensive care mixed in with the regular class with a regular teacher. They won’t be trained in the needs of the child. Often there should be a teacher aid with the student but resources for that can be hit and miss.

I had a student with extreme behaviour and social issues in a class and it was just exhausting. There was a teacher aid for him, but only once a week. He was a nice kid but trying to juggle his needs plus the 29 other students was absolutely draining, and I would say one of the major reasons I left teaching. The amount of time I spent in class and out on this student was staggering, especially as I had no particular specific training.

His parents were adamant he remain in mainstream education, but it really wasn’t working as he wasn’t getting the support he needed. I hope things turned out well for him.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
I’m actually surprised at the amount of comments around I’ve seen that are “this is a non story, everyone deserves a fair trial”.

Of course there is some of the worst poo poo too (“She mislead everyone in her maiden speech. What was she thinking having photos taken with a war criminal and smiling. This is what happens when you allow refugees to enter parliament. I don't like it. There's something that doesn't feel right about it. It's off.”)

Of course for my own sanity I’d never check the stuff comments on this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
What is the "Cindy" thing I'm seeing a lot of for Arden? Is it as simple as "make the prime minister seem childish" or is there something I'm not aware of?

• Locked thread