Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

The States has the advantage of being able to legalise things in Auckland without consulting Canterbury.

This is a Good Post™ and holy poo poo that would be blissful. Imagine being able to do something without the people of Gore having a cry about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

redleader posted:

Was "The Unauthorised History of New Zealand" any good?

If you like Jeremy Wells and Graeme Hill then yes. It's fantastic.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Graeme Hill never gets any love. He was the main writer for both EML and UHONZ, his weekend show on Radio Live rules and he paid for a huge chunk of Back of the Y out of his own pocket when noone else would give Heath the time of day.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Don Brash is correct.

Max Key should be the next PM, with Leighton Smith as deputy.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/351034/national-mp-says-party-informed-of-animal-cruelty-charges

imshockedwellnotthatshocked.jpg

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

LMAO Meat Club is still a thing.

How??? It was started as a joke by some friend of a friend who's name i can't remember cause he wanted to get drunk at the drinking horn without getting naked.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Guitar Wolf and Masters of Metal both used to play there all the time and they are awesome and their gigs were awesome and I am sad.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Khaal posted:

pretty appropriate that the last time I was there it was shut down for being too loud (Windhand)

Uuuugh. gently caress the people that moved near it and would then complain about the noise. It was there well before you were, fuckers.
gently caress people that do that at all. I'm looking at you, people near Western Springs and Eden Park.
(Although I do have sympathy for the people that complained about the PowerStation when it started having dance parties and you would hear doof-doof until 7am instead of dying off at midnight).

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

There was only one viable option.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This seems worth making a BSC complaint over. I feel nauseous.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I know this ain't the thread for sportsball related things, but if you want a chuckle, read the community page for TVNZ's Commonwealth games coverage: https://www.facebook.com/pg/TVNZCommonwealthGames/community/

People are rightfully pissed.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Gave it a scan, doesn't seem out of place.

You've definitely got the right govt to submit it to.

(No sarcasm, generally supportive of increased taxation, even if I'm the one hit).

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Weatherman posted:

Hello thread. Sorry to barge in like this but this is the only NZ thread on these dead gay forums.

Is anyone here working in IT in NZ and willing to answer a few questions for me? If so, please PM me. Thank you for reading and namaste

Just do as vaark said below.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 19, 2018

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

NZ is an amazing country - I prefer Wellington over Auckland, but they're both great cities. The only problem with this place is the cost of living.
Rent is loving high, food is expensive and wages are comparatively low for tech sector jobs (and they're one of the better paid jobs in this place - I honestly have no idea how blue collar workers get by living in the main cities).
I could get off a plane tomorrow and earn double what I am now in Melbourne without much hassle.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

sebmojo posted:

As compared to?

Yeah this is where my viewpoint was from. We obviously have a poo poo load of problems, but it is comparatively safe, clean and pleasant.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

xiw posted:

Chch’s tech industry is smaller but on the other hand I have a 5 minute drive to work.

You also live in a city full of people from Christchurch. I'd rather have a 3 hour car-pool commute in a vehicle with the radio stuck on ZB at full volume than suffer through that.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Are we sure he doesn't have syphilis or horrendous herpes or something and has burnt his crotch to cover this up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

The fact she thinks she can get away with this crap - and that I'm sure she probably loving will - is astonishing:
https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018647193/paula-bennett-hnz-too-cautious-on-meth-testing

• Locked thread