Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The outrage proves the accusation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'll stop using plastic bags when supermarkets can install self-service checkouts that don't require waiting for an attendant to authorise using cloth bags.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Weatherman posted:

Thanks again for your time.
I think it's gotten better over the last couple of years in terms of shortage - mainly there was never a shortage in skilled IT folks, there was specifically a post-financial-crisis shortage of skilled IT folks who were willing to eat entry-level wages for mid-level positions. I work in a company with in-house IT and with contractors and for us and talking to them, getting good IT is an issue, it's just less around number of applicants and more around if their specific skill sets line up with the job and their personality.

I know we've conducted interviews through Skype, with second-interviews being flown over, so that's a possibility but probably less likely for an MSP or a company more concerned with paperskills rather than team fit. There's probably general demand outside Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland, but I think it's at the level that you would be based in one of those cities before getting a job outside of them and moving to it.

Auckland owns. But I say that as someone who's not a dingleberry living in the outer suburbs doing a fifty-minute commute for a desk job.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I mean, at least if you get lost in Auckland you can drive back up the street you came down.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Are they primarily looking for licensed accountants or creative accountants?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Even in Australia or the States you'd have trouble finding players for your furry team-based shooter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The most interesting thing about Christchurch is how the earthquakes swallowed up almost all of its non-white inhabitants.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Which part of it went wrong?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm going to take the stance that the belief in gay relations as a damning sin is not in itself inherently homophobic, and any Christians who espouse their acceptance of gay people while still holding that belief are not necessarily lying nor suffering from any kind of cognitive dissonance. Catholic Priests are abstinent because Augustine believed that even loving ladies was damning yourself through the Original Sin, yet across the centuries they still held services for families.

All that said, the only way Tamaki could be more homophobic is if he were caught in an airport toilet sucking off a dude.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

There's a lot of interesting Christian literature dealing with the dichotomy of the human animal's desire and capacity for sin and wickedness while being the perfect creation of God in His image and the necessary struggle against our inherent base vices in whatever form they may manifest in order to prove ourselves worthy of His mercy that nobody who preaches against homosexuality has read because it's easier to just rely on explicitly superseded religious laws to perpetuate the oppression of others based on millennium-old sexual mores derived from an extremist doomsday cult. :shrug:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Pro thread update.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lmbo the classic "if it's not true why wouldn't he just ignore it?" - a good question from someone who in an alternate timeline is asking "why would he keep quiet unless it were true?"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lmbo hello sailor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

oohhboy posted:

Wait, cuck replaced human being? I thought cuck was short for cuckold.
It is, but the literal meanings of the words are not necessary for their function as an insult.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It took me like three scrolls into the comments to get to someone suggesting that wanting to lower rents is Nazi Germany.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah but what you're not taking into account is that Labour is going to completely gently caress up the economy and create a 40% increase in inflation within the next year because they're just tax hungry bureaucrats that don't care about businesses.

But also <3 to the commentator who pointed out that Labour tried to make the top tax bracket $150k in 2014 and got so roundly thrashed for it by National and the media, that part of their 2018 election campaign was promising not to touch income tax in their first term.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's weird how MP salaries keep pace with inflation but nobody else's do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The sassy "for how long?" after is the best.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Pararoid posted:

I do find this kind of thing quite entertaining, but I guess that's not exactly a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWRUIYHO5M&t=290s
It's entertaining because it's National trying to "but sir the rules" their way out of detention and doing it so poorly and obnoxiously they end up being sent to the principal. Like, they would probably stop being so 'unfairly' punished if they just went "sorry, the member withdraws and apologises" instead of drawing it out into a ten minute discussion every single time they got slapped on the wrist for basic poo poo like suggesting that the Prime Minister is committing illegal acts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hrm yes these are important stats to have ~checks watch~ 30 months before the election.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

National's core reason to exist is to be in power. Keeping Labour out just happens to be the only way of achieving that due to our lack of party diversity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

that should be 'tain't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Burn this thread like it were a preacher's dick.

• Locked thread