Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Taitale posted:

Did you read the dissenting opinion by the President of the Board of Review?

animalistic fun activity is going to be the title of my power electronics album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Khaal posted:

Would anyone be surprised to learn that Tony Veitch is still a massive piece of poo poo?

https://www.facebook.com/veitchyonsport/posts/931520890217957?fref=nf

:catstare:

I don't know who that is.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

echinopsis posted:

Tell me, have you ever thought of chatting up and sleeping with other women

what's up with all the people being into this also being software engineers or burlesque enthusiasts?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

So is city council recycling just not being recycled, or what?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Everyone else in my building just dumps their trash in whatever bin they feel like and then when it gets to the recycling depot they mark it as contaminated and ship it to landfill because otherwise they lose money due to the wonderful world of publicly funded private business.

round here bins don't get taken if they have general rubbish in them and you get a little note on the bin telling you why it wasn't collected, I guess some stuff still slips through though.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Rabbi T. White posted:

You went to one of those church "Light Party" things, didn't you?

Superhero party is what they're called now i guess http://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2015/superhero-party-halloween-alternative/wellington

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

mirthdefect posted:

One of the Lower Hutt churches had a "Saints and Angels" party which seems somewhat limiting.

You could dress in green, get pissed and run around chasing people with snakes, die horribly or write patronising letters to non-believers. You couldn't even go about on a rad fire chariot cause Elijah wasn't sainted.

you could go as an ophanim and be a giant flaming wheel covering in eyes

Exclamation Marx posted:

Yeah i'm busy caring about Syria

I hope you're caring about the Lion Assad and his brave Russian allies expelling the terrorist forces.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Colin Craig is a very cool insane person.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

For some reason the desire for a compassionate and just society for all are not always compatible with the need for violent and bloody revolution against a democratically elected government, so sometimes you just have to work inside the system and hopefully improve it little by little even if only by staving off capitalism's inevitable descent into merchant fiefdoms for just one more year.

Nice liberalism.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I don't know what that is.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ivor Biggun posted:

Someone's pulled the story.

I saw it before that happened, i mean that I have no idea what the website Scout is.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

You can probably count the world's flag designers on both hands to be fair, and I don't think any of them are from NZ :v:

wikpedia has you covered: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexillography

quote:

Prominent vexillographers

Luis and Sabino Arana, designers of the Ikurriña (the flag of the Basque Country)
Graham Bartram, designer of the flag of Tristan da Cunha and others
Manuel Belgrano, designer of the flag of Argentina
Frederick 'Fred' Brownell, designer of the flags of South Africa and Namibia; recipient of the FIAV’s 1995 Vexillon; and Fellow of FIAV
Ron Cobb, designer of the American Ecology Flag
John Eisenmann, designer of the flag of the U.S. state of Ohio
Mohammed Hamzah,designer of the flag of Malaysia
Quamrul Hassan, designer of the flag of Bangladesh
Robert G. Heft, alleged designer of the 50-star canton for the American flag
Cederic Herbert, designer of the flag of the short-lived Zimbabwe Rhodesia
Adolf Hitler, designer of the flag of Nazi Germany, the Reichskriegsflagge and his own personal standard.
Francis Hopkinson, designer (according to some historians) of the American flag
Friedensreich Hundertwasser, designer of a koru flag, among others
Susan K. Huhume, designer of the flag of Papua New Guinea
Sharif Hussein, designer of the flag of the Arab Revolt
James I of England, designer of the first flag of Great Britain
Edward (Ted) Kaye, former managing editor and editor of the North American Vexillological Association's Raven: A Journal of Vexillology (1996–2012) and compiler of the flag design guide Good Flag, Bad Flag
Syed Amir-uddin Kedwaii, designer of the flag of Pakistan
Lu Haodong, designer of the Blue Sky with a White Sun flag of the Republic of China
John McConnell, designer of a Flag of the Earth
Fredrik Meltzer, designer of the flag of Norway
Raimundo Teixeira Mendes, designer of the flag of Brazil
William Porcher Miles, designer of the battle flag of the Confederate States of America
Francisco de Miranda, designer of the flag of Venezuela, upon which the present flags of Colombia and Ecuador are based.
Theodosia Okoh, designer of the flag of Ghana
Christopher Pratt, designer of the flag of the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador
Betsy Ross, designer, according to legend, of the American flag during the American Revolution
Gerard Slevin, former Chief Herald of Ireland, reputed to have helped design the flag of the European Union
Whitney Smith, designer of the flag of Guyana and other flags
George Stanley, designer of the flag of Canada
Joaquín Suárez, designer of the flag of Uruguay
Pingali Venkayya, designer of the flag of India
Robert Watt, designer of the flag of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Oliver Wolcott, Jr., designer of the flag of the United States Customs Service
Zeng Liansong, designer of the flag of the People's Republic of China
Ismet Guney, designer of the flag of Cyprus
Nguyen Huu Tien, designer of the flag of Vietnam

emminou posted:

Don't vote for a new fleg guys.

sounds like one of those free man on the land guys.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

that book might be good but using 'totalitarian' to group fascist and communist governments that operated differently together is something real dumb that people should stop doing.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

the consultation process was like 2 hours where they got a sports product designer to look at the flags. that was it.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

fong posted:

The difference in this case is where the guy's role ends as a representative of the Saudi Arabian govt, and where his private interests begin.

It seems like they're continuous with each other, given Saudi Arabia's status as a kleptocratic monarchy where only members of the house of Saud can hold important positions.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

All the candidates for the US presidency are bad.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

open24hours posted:

The winner looks dated already. Give it ten years and it'll look like this.

[Edit: Good idea. ]

looks like one of those special edition credit cards

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Varkk posted:

Even better when you realise that ISIS is funded by well connected Saudi businessmen and we are paying bribes to a well connected Saudi businessman so there is a chance our government is supporting ISIS.

ISIS also appears to be receiving support from Turkey, quite possibly other NATO states as well.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The US doesn't want to isolate ISIS, because ISIS is fighting Assad, and the US wants regime change in Syria.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Somfin posted:

(given that one alternative is the Maori party's legalised foreign slavery)
what's this referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Somfin posted:

This.

Wanna come to New Zealand? Got skills? Work in a place that's experiencing an economic downturn, for two years, for free, and we'll let you stay.

ty, i hadnt heard of this.

• Locked thread