Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ledge
Jun 10, 2003

swampland posted:

I think I've found the New Zealand version of those sovereign citizen guys, wanna see the full transcript of this so bad.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/65066168/man-with-no-name-causes-drama-in-court

Yep. A friend of mine had to serve this guy's parents regarding some sort of unpaid debt a few weeks ago. But this joker was the only person home. The exchange was as hilarious as would be expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress off. That's the best use of ratepayers' money ever.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Toy Love are NZ's worst band actually.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

The Rabbi T. White posted:

If I remember correctly, the Skeptics one is the "We pack meat" one that got banned? And I'm guessing the Skuldom one is Sarah in her meat bra.

AFFCO is the title I believe. I read a great piece about the filming of the video. They somehow got permission to film without the head office knowing, so were in filming on just a regular work night. Camera gear, lighting and cables everywhere while the freezing workers worked around them.

After they had finished the video they sent a copy to the works where it was filmed and strangely never heard back.

Also the new thread title is the best.

Edit: Found the thing I read...

http://www.vital.org.nz/stu.html

ledge fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 24, 2015

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Wandle Cax posted:

It might mean more competition for vodafone and spark though.

Mergers of telcos always go badly as the underlying billing and crm systems are always bespoke messes and combining them is an exercise in futility.

Service from both of these companies will get worse.

Hurrah!

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

loving cricket eh?

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

"Snedden said any bid process had to be started at least 10 years out, and that meant going for the 2026 or even the 2030 tournament."

Well, the fact that the 2022 tournament has already been awarded to Qatar (because they paid the biggest bribes) might also have something to do with going for 2026.

Not that we should and anyone suggesting this needs their loving head checked.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

It's a good diesel I get 900kms a tank* :chord:

*Tank is 200 litres

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Also people in labour electorates in Christchurch have had their MP advocating for them around EQC issues.

People in Brownlee or Amy Adams electorates, not so much.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

A human heart posted:

They are, this thread(and most of this subforum) has never had anything funny posted in it.
lol

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Yep, confirmed as cold. Not getting out of bed.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

dusty posted:

Christchurch: the beating racist heart of NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/opinion/70646162/intentional-or-unintentional-racism-is-still-wrong

Christchurch - rebuilding it was a mistake.

Because the rest of New Zealand lives in perfect racial harmony!

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Slavvy posted:

It's called racism :ssh:

To expand: They are a different colour to me and therefore their culture is strange and bad and icky. No oval office ever sees an Italian restaurant or a Dutch cheese shop opening and cries about culture. It's just straight racism.

I think you'll find racism against the Dutch was alive and well in NZ when large numbers of them were emigrating here after world war two.

Of course, the second generation of Dutch didn't face the same discrimination as they spoke English in a Kiwi accent* and couldn't be separated by the colour of their skin.

*talking about tomorrow night

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Somfin posted:

Who will he be replacing?

Tough call between Muldoon and Bolger. Or perhaps Lange for allowing Rogernomics.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

I was there a few weeks ago, missed the snow at Tekapo, but Mt Cook was wonderfully snowy.

At least this country does one thing right.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

The flags in the first three columns are the worst.

The ones in the second three columns, they're the worst too.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

We've fallen for their cunning plan.

:smithicide:

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Butt Wizard posted:

is there a reason for this beyond you personally not thinking the flag should change?

I personally couldn't give a gently caress if the flag changes or what it changes to.

I do think that this it is a complete waste of money and that the flag changing should happen at the same time we become a republic, if that ever happens.

What picture is printed on a bit of cloth that is waved around is hardly important, and certainly not important enough to spend $25 million on.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Butt Wizard posted:

And if Labour was pushing it? Would you be up in arms about it then?

Yes.

Labour are poo poo too.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Ledge, what about the ruggers mate?

Good point.

I can't believe I voted for the anti-fun party. Which is what the Greens are as they didn't want to back a bill so people could get drunk in public at 7am because that is how you enjoy rugby.

Andrew Little likes fun because he'd drink at 7am if the All blacks were playing and winning and drink twice as much if they were losing (then presumably go home and beat his wife)

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

I dragged my kids along to the chch march. No trouble at all, though we skipped the speeches at the end, but I really doubt there was any at them.

The march split and half went through riccarton mall. The news article seemed desperate to get the mall management to complain about it, but they wouldn't. Possibly because a) it was peaceful and relatively short and b) they probably agree with the demonstrators.

Really wide cross section of people on the march. All ages, from teenagers through to retirees.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Infotainment! posted:

I do hate dairy farmers specifically if that helps

Me too.

gently caress them.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

No loving way.

That's ...

I can't even make a joke about that, because National are a loving joke already.

This government just doesn't give a gently caress anymore. They know that New Zealanders are so loving stupid that they'll vote for them no matter what they do, because rugby, beers, John Key and gently caress the poor.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

fong posted:

ill probably be voting for the black and white hypnoflag

I'll probably not be voting because why would I give a gently caress about what logo is on a piece of cloth?

The only way to win is to not play.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

WarpedNaba posted:

Caring about things like moral fortitude and ethical standards and the common cause of man is for pussies. I bet they don't even play rugby, drink beer and gently caress sheilas. And then hit them.

And then throw them down the stairs.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Are we still doing burgerchat? Cause I had a Karmageddon burger at Grill Meats Beer last night and it was loving good.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Slavvy posted:

And I still barely watch it cause there's more stimulating poo poo to do.

Like posting on an internet forum.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

maxhush posted:

If your preferred flag option wasn't actually this one

Then I honesty don't know what to say

My 11 year old son is genuinely annoyed that the kiwi shooting lasers from its eyes isn't an option.

I genuinely agree with him.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

A newspaper uses the All Blacks symbol to recognise someone who was primarily known for being an all black = New Zealand needs a new flag. Obviously.

There was no NZ flag because it wasn't about New Zealand you loving oval office!

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Ahaha that's not the winner. The winner is the current flag. There's no way this is gonna win.

You want a loving bet?

I am scared shitless that middle New Zealand will vote for a change just because. Then we'll have that abortion of a flag for the next 100 years.

I don't mind changing the flag but not for that piece of poo poo.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

This can't be real.

I refuse to accept that the prime minister of this country would do this.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress this country, gently caress it up its loving arse.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Curia is showing support for keeping current flag has dropped to 55% from close to 70% a few months ago so it's not quite as clear cut as it was.

Just going to quote myself here...

ledge posted:

I am scared shitless that middle New Zealand will vote for a change just because. Then we'll have that abortion of a flag for the next 100 years.

The flag change will happen and I'll die a bit more inside.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

My kids are going to a high school which doesn't have a uniform.

:smug:

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

God forbid!

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Jacobin posted:

If it is actually just "E" IIRC there is pretty solid evidence saying it is healthier than chain smoking or binge drinking every weekend - trying to find source right now but on those harm reduction graphs actual ecstasy is associated with significantly less.

Taking e is safer and healthier than horse riding by any meaningful measure, let alone alcohol and tobacco. Any sane drug policy would legalise ecstasy immediately.

http://www.encod.org/info/EQUASY-A-HARMFUL-ADDICTION.html

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Vulpes posted:

You guys are weirdly determined to paint pony-tail pulling as a sexually motivated crime.

You think Key would have pulled a male waiter's ponytail?

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

mirthdefect posted:

Because farmers aren't directly and permanently removing millions of litres from the local system, probably. They can at least argue that some part of their withdrawals go back in, instead of into a bottle sent overseas.

Farmers taking the water is arguably much worse. They are permanently removing millions of litres and on top of that are adding poo poo tonnes of pollution to the waterways.

At least the water bottlers aren't also polluting the gently caress out of everything.

gently caress dairy farmers. I hope they all go bankrupt. The greedy cunts.

And gently caress national and their behaviour with regards to ecan. (and everything else to be honest)

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

WarpedNaba posted:

Yeah, but that's Christchurch. It's like a freezing Florida without theme parks.

Or alligators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

This loving country.

• Locked thread