Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Next step will be to relabel it as sexist bullying of Glucina because she is a woman by the meanie sexist left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Was a pretty good jolt down in Greymouth.
Kept rumbling for a long time as well.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Vagina Jones posted:

I think it was the previous leader, when they were based in Canterbury. After the arrests etc they moved to the West Coast to distance themselves / start again.

Pretty sure he served his sentence, changed his name and is back in the middle of the community.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

But then we'd have to get new money and a new national anthem and actually write up some kind of binding legal document for the people in the country.

More effort than it's worth
What about a flag?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I just assumed butt wizard was trolling us.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

No ring, no vote.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

truther posted:

gayist(?)

Gayest

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

bobbilljim posted:

nz politics: a fart in the Sky Tower elevator

Also ask Winston if he has stairs in his house.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

He is going to be the centrepiece for the launch of The Daily Blog's YouTube channel.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Rumours are John Campbell is in talks with RadioNZ to join them. Along with Mihirangi Forbes moving there as well and a long time colleague of Campbell's working there as the news director this could be interesting.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

So yesterday, there was a fight outside the reception area, right by the Principal's office and just now, a kid yelled out arrangements for a fight outside a window as a teacher walked by. Holy poo poo, the youth of today. Is there some sort of dumbening process going on?

I remember certain kids doing poo poo like that back when I was in school so I don't think it is some magic youth of today issue.

Now just pretend I included the Aristotle quote about poorly behaved kids.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Maybe because they are part owned by the investment arm of one of the Iwi.

Varkk fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 10, 2015

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

TCT posted:

Hay whats the chances of our wealfare system getting as bad as the uks, Sanctions causing people to die of starvation, Socials housing completely gone, General hate of the disabled, every one freezing to death

Because that poo poo causes me to wake with terror sweats

We are on the way there with the stories this week about the people who died as a result of cold damp housing NZ houses. It is just a case of how far and how fast we go in that direction.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Everyone's favourite joke politician is gone according to radiolive
https://mobile.twitter.com/LIVENewsDesk/status/611721658575925248

Apparently having a sauna with David Farrier was just too much for the party to handle.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

How many will say they did* it so they know life on the street isn't really that hard.

* for one night, with a full stomach, with a brand new sleeping bag and outdoor clothing with their other bourgeois friends in a safe group.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I don't think they are. Instead they are attacking the opponents as fringe looneys who are holding back progress.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Yes but the increased money won't go to the poors it will go to the drug companies and then on to the shareholders. Also they will provide a one off bump to pharmac and tout it as them increasing spending on public health then slowly drain the money back out in the next few budgets.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Seems kind of strange he announced in a press conference with accompanying material that he is going after them rather than getting his lawyers to serve them and then making the press release about it. I think this is more of a PR move to get the public on his side rather than a serious attempt at a legal process to shut them down and reclaim the party.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Slavvy posted:

Have done this, couldn't believe how everyone behind the counter at mdonald's was white.

It is like that in Greymouth except most of the managers and the owner aren't white.

Coming from Christchurch to Greymouth I didn't see much overt racism until I came to Greymouth. But I also stayed away from Linwood and Sydenham so that may account for that.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

klen dool posted:

I am from the mainland and I think it's loving rad. Well, apart from christchurch. And gore. And timaru. And oamaru. And waimate. And Queenstown. And Blenheim. And picton. And mosgeil. And Cheviot. and Cromwell. And Duntroon. And Hampden. And kurow. And pekeuri. And ranfurly. And twizel. And temuka.

You sound like someone who has never visited the West Coast

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Chalupa Joe posted:

so basically Nelson and Dunedin are the only good places then.

Remember that Nick Smith is the mp for Nelson

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Exclamation Marx posted:

Fairfax fired most of their subeditors recently, and I wouldn't be surprised if other news orgs were doing similar.

Aren't most of Fairfax's subbies based on Sydney already and just send the electronic copies of the page layouts to the relevant printing press.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

-neutrino- posted:

Auckland is poo poo

That is why it is the only area not hi lighted in grey.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Anomalous Blowout posted:

Don't forget that Radio Sport NZ has Veitch covering women's sports, too. I could vomit forever

Remember that time John Key went on his radio show and talked about which actresses he wanted to gently caress? Good times.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Good thing no one is being distracted away from other issues by this flag debate.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

A 1991 celica, one of the greatest cars to ever grace this fine land.

Sounds like the perfect sort of car for Judith to crush.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I say we commission weird al to do a mashup of Poi-e, How Bizarre, Dominion Road and the Haka (The one which ends with the throat slitting gesture).

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Spiteski posted:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11492634

Can anyone shed any light on their defence? Not sure how the Iwi owning it would remove it from rates liability.
Genuinely curious, I have no idea.

Looks like the claim is Auckland council doesn't have jurisdiction for levying rates on it instead that goes to the organisation mentioned in the article. Sort of as if Auckland council was levying rates on property in Hamilton.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Most of that except for the teacher salary part. They are set from the collective agreement and don't vary from school to school ( there are some exceptions defined within the contract but they won't apply in your scenario). Of course the high decile school can offer a lot of other non salary benefits and support.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Maybe all the Asians are in Auckland where they bought all of the houses.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Apparently Mike Hosking might be a little bit biased in his reporting on political stories. Although Stephen Joyce says he doesn't think he is so that should settle it.

I think a fair number of journalists just spend most of their day browsing Facebook and reddit while waiting for a press release to come their way that they can just put their by-line on.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

From Duncan Garner it is a selection of the email domains in the Ashley Martin leak today.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Yeah the problem is that the categories were drawn up and the statistics were massaged to be as beneficial as it could be for the dairy farms.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

kris_b posted:

Each new story about a charter clusterfuck leaves me simultaneously hating them more, and idly wondering how I get in on the scam myself.

I think you start by donating a substantial amount to the National Party campaign fund.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Well if they cared about substance instead of just appearance they wouldn't be right wingers.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Maybe the people pushing for this are the flag manufacturers. John Key in bed with big flag.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

puchu posted:

I'd rather his other, more negative dreams failed than this flag dream of little significance. I'm astounded that for all the hooting and hollering about how this is all to cover up TPPA etc, the flag 'debate' has effectively done that. How dumb is that?

The crazy thing is I think that having this flag change fail will have more impact on his brand than any of the dodgy poo poo he has been involved in. I can almost imagine Paddy Gower salivating as he declares Key is effectively finished. All due to a stupid loving flag.

Of course if it succeeds he will be declared emperor for life.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Binkenstein posted:

Holy gently caress, the latest Hosking video on the refugee crisis: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11507497

In short, he's asking where the money is going to come from, since it costs $60 million per year for the current 750 refugee quota we have, and then asks if it should come from health funding, or the christchurch rebuild.

Guess what dickhead, maybe it could come from not constantly giving MP's pay rises, not spending $26 million on the flag change poo poo heap, not spending money on Saudi sheep deals, not paying $30m to keep the aluminium smelter open, or not cutting taxes all the time.

David Shearer put a post up on Facebook last night about how in the long term refugees actually contribute a lot more to NZ than we spend on resettling them here. So maybe we should look at the extra money spent on helping these people as an investment which will pay off in the future. Kind of like a rental property in Auckland.
Or we can pretend we aren't run by sociopaths for a few minutes and do something to help because it is the right thing to do.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Infotainment! posted:

Seriously just saw the following in a Facebook post "why should we take syrian refugees, I bet the syrian government wouldn't take our ones".

I keep thinking of the scene in the west wing where I think Josh was arguing with someone about something similar and he just yells in an exasperated way "We are supposed to be the good guys"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Five bad flags.

• Locked thread