Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
And yet just yesterday Gareth Morgan was promoting the Stuff online poll as being more representative than any of the scientific polls, but Gower didn't see the need to fly into a rage over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
The way this story is being framed and the comments are just.... :eng99:

https://www.facebook.com/Stuff.co.nz/posts/10155773867114268

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Wafflecopper posted:

Can someone who understands statistics tell me whether a 3.1% margin of error means that all of those voting figures are +/- 3.1%, or whether it's 3.1% of each figure. eg If Labour's on 37.3% does that mean they could be anywhere from 34.2 to 40.4%, or does it mean they're between 36.927 and 37.673, or something else entirely

I'm suspecting not the first because that would make polling almost entirely meaningless. Actually that doesn't sound so far fetched after all

The way I understand it is that 3.1% is for a party polling at 50%, so for any realistic NZ application it will be proportionately less than that based on the party vote.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

awesmoe posted:

.. and for literally everything to do with the turei debacle won't be involved in...well, any sort of decision making.

If it helps, Metiria was actually totally right to come forward and talk about hardship she faced 20+ years ago, how it made her a strong voice for people in the same situation and how only electing people who have no idea of these realities is actually how we perpetuate a broken system forever.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
At least we won Christchurch Central back :unsmith:

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

"Human snake" - loving hell, a genuine new low for Gower or Garner, which is really saying something at this point.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Dragonstoned posted:

I made this in celebration

Perfect.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
“Does the Prime Minister stand by all her previous statements?” Asks Judith Collins with a smirk.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Make New Zealand Great Again

https://youtu.be/-A7WFKi3qEc?t=9m45s

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Is there an app that older phones and devices can download? If not then that is a pretty major failing given a huge number of Kiwis have budget Vodafone branded Android phones like me.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
How the gently caress is this hit job on Golriz still in the news? Seriously, the level of cognitive dissonance on this one is a genuine new low.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Whale Oil calling Golriz 'Golly-G'.

Racist or a reasonable nick name?

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Not as many people were interested in the further glorification of war as an element of the government predicted. What a shock.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

2 days after my mum died in horrible pain that would have been significantly reduced by medical cannabis products. :sigh:

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Inescapable Duck posted:

She's blazing in heaven with Tupac and John the Baptist, I assure you.

:unsmith:

The Schwa posted:

Man I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine.

Thanks. I know someone has to be one of the last not to benefit from every step of social progress, it just really hurts when its someone you love and they suffer as a result.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I kinda wonder how the old guard will react when they realize that racing (ect ect) money is literal chump change when compared to the kind of bank crypto exchanges and other expressions of new economies can make on a daily basis.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

redleader posted:

Was "The Unauthorised History of New Zealand" any good?

Oh god yes. It's one of the funniest NZ comedy series of all time in my opinion. A genuine classic made with full access to the TVNZ archives and some world class dead-pan delivery.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

jeremy wells was rude to me in an airport therefore he sucks and is bad

Once quite a few years ago before he became quite so ubiquitous I saw Leigh Hart (That Guy) at the airport, and as one often does, I took a double take, thinking for a moment perhaps I knew him. He proceeded to give me the most obvious 'what the gently caress are you looking at' expression I think I've ever seen.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I feel like there's some way we can still allow the solemn reflection stuff while also dialing down the outright glorification that ANZAC day has become so focused on since National decided to target it as a way to promote national identity.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

bike tory posted:

In hindsight that poo poo with Bishop was pretty clearly some mud slinging from someone within National who knew blinglish was going to go. Bish is really well positioned to get deputy and then to take over as leader when they inevitably lose the next election

You're dead right, but to be fair it was extremely obvious on the day the story broke too; even Hooton was screaming about it on Kiwiblog.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Isn't JAG the 'bike tory'?

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

The elements were made of wire and clay

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting sick of those actually in parliament not understanding that being in coalition is different to offering confidence and supply? (Re: Bridges on The Nation)

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

klen dool posted:

What did bridges say to provoke this unseemly outburst!?!?

"Last time I checked, New Zealand First was in coalition with the Greens."

But yeah, it definitely serves his purposes for people to think that.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

exmarx posted:

lol eat poo poo gareth

Also interesting:

Heh. $53.61.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Wafflecopper posted:

like paying the rent on a flat in new brighton for a few months isn't exactly a claim to fame

I appreciate the New Brighton burn. I think Scribe was more of a Phillipstown (or as I've heard it, Phillytown) guy though?

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Varkk posted:

Supposedly he used to hang around the Linwood KFC hitting up the customers for free food. Saying “Do you know who I am?”

Oh man, Linwood KFC. Thats a rough spot, for Te Waipounamu anyway.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2018/04/jacinda-ardern-calls-out-duncan-garner-for-falling-victim-to-april-fool-s-day-joke.html

Given the prank was on Kiwiblog, I guess Garner reads Farrar and assumes everything he says is unquestionably correct?

Pararoid fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 10, 2018

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Wafflecopper posted:

Have you actually met anyone from chch? I grew up there and know lots of great people from there. A few cunts too but I dare say that chch people are on average much the same as people anywhere else!

It's, as has been explained to me in the past, the humor of this thread.

The reality is of course that since Kaye Sheppard and a few other troublemakers got together a couple of blocks from here, Christchurch has been a progressive hub. I mean our most recent mayoral election was between Lianne Dalziel and John Minto. Also Duncan Webb is shaping up to be pretty amazing too.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Varkk posted:

But the previous mayor was Bob Parker. Also isn’t it the home of Kyle Chapman and his bunch of “Very fine people” as Trump would say.

Parker took advantage of a Christchurch, but I'd like to think that says more about his shitness than ours. We did sling him out hard once we actually got the chance after the main quake too.

Chapman moved down south from what I know, but yeah, New Zealand is kinda a lovely place in that way, but I don't think we stand out in any particular way anymore.

Pararoid fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 21, 2018

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

exmarx posted:

heard some not great things about duncan webb

Care to elaborate?

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

exmarx posted:

he was a perv of a lecturer, apparently

Mm, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I do find this kind of thing quite entertaining, but I guess that's not exactly a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWRUIYHO5M&t=290s

• Locked thread