Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So why do you keep posting links to unrelated YouTube videos at the end of every one of your posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This is a really good page thread

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

I like making fun of people who say "maths" instead of "math". LOL how many maths you learning there, bud?

Mathematics.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Cantorsdust posted:

tl;dr Money should be replaced with "marbles" which are units of attention. No, I don't know how the details work; I'll leave the rest as an exercise to the reader because I am a genius.

Oh my god, I was reading through that thinking "OK, so what's the point you're trying to make with this?" and then got to the bit where it becomes clear that this isn't a thought experiment or analogy, he actually thinks this system could, and should, be implemented in reality. :psyduck:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

At first I felt vaguely queasy, as my eyes moved over that accursed page. My breath caught in my throat, and my stomach churned. As I read on, I began to understand why no human tongue, no human throat had ever spoken this debased tongue. The obscene syllables could only have been created by the Finnish, that race of unclean, inbred subhumans, dwelling as they do beneath the ice and snow of a land forever lost to humankind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

These fried chicken tenders are weird.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Anosmoman posted:

Isn't it basically what Steve Jobs did? Not crystals specifically but some kind of bonkum instead of actual medical treatment. It was weird because he had his genome sequenced which is all sci fi technotopia but then for a while he still preferred juice fasts over surgery.

Nintendo Kid posted:

He ate a special diet instead of getting minimally invasive surgery to remove the cancerous area.

wayfinder posted:

Just not open to the idea of removing or replacing parts I guess.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

From PYF Stuff You Can't Believe You Just Figured Out:

dotJPG posted:

Oh my god, I was doing regular computer internet stuff and just happened to record the best ever Thing I Can't Believe I Just Figured Out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o68ZFF5W3PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

There was a quote from a dude around a year back about how he doesn't get the appeal of firework displays because they're basically just a series of shapes & patterns in the sky. Anybody have it?

Don't remember the quote, but fireworks are boring and dumb and a huge waste of money.

• Locked thread