Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The game crashes every time I try to change the resolution so I hope that doesn't happen to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

Is this game any good. I want to buy it when it goes on sale.

It's fun if you like puzzles and philosophy.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The environments are also really pretty.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Bobby The Rookie posted:

People said the same thing about Fez.

fez wasn't really pretty and didn't have any philosophy stuff that I am aware of

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

philosophy is cool y'all nerds need to open your minds

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

Philosophy can be cool, but a lot of the people who like it aren't. It's usually very poorly done in video games as well. Honestly, I'd just prefer the video game to kick rear end rather than have philosophy in it. Farewell.

I don't feel like the way they handled it was too bad in Talos Principle and you can pretty much ignore it if you want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

That's good. I just don't like when it's kind of crammed down your throat because when they do that it's invariably really bad.

Thinking about it, I guess some of it kinda is. A lot of it is in logs you can ignore though.

I haven't gotten super far yet and currently am stuck due to it crashing when I try to change the resolution.

Like I said, I like philosophy and thinking about the poo poo so I probably don't have the same definition of "crammed down your throat" as you do.

• Locked thread