Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

hail gamer, you can either be this dude that swings a sword around or you can be this guy that throws exploding fireballs from his hands and can turn people's blood into delicious healing energy

i mean come on guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is now the Dungeons and Dragons thread.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It depends on the game, really.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

ppl who always pick wizard are thye same kids who smelt weird, had a lizard for a pet, and got stuffed into lockers so now they want to live out a revenge fantasy where nerds are all powerful and jocks are not.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
In a Tales game, I'm never going to pick the wizard, because they're boring. The AI can have the wizard.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Sounds like jock envy, op

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

let's not even talk about people who choose thief guys over either of the other two

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

death knights are OK.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
well, do you want to pick the guy who stands back and mashes Cast Particle Effect or do you want to get in there and tear poo poo up?

syke theyre both bad pick the bard

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol if you don't spell blade

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Death Bot posted:

well, do you want to pick the guy who stands back and mashes Cast Particle Effect or do you want to get in there and tear poo poo up?

syke theyre both bad pick the bard

go away

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I pick the guy no one else picks

sword guy

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hell, I generally like playing the Monk.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just as long as I'm not stuck with the bow and arrow guy

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
wizards are not to be trusted. the strength of your fists are all you need

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

In a Tales game, I'm never going to pick the wizard, because they're boring. The AI can have the wizard.

I discovered this far too late when I played symphonia

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Sword guys own, there's no better feeling than rushing into the thick of battle and tearing a bunch of losers apart with nothing but a cock metaphor and your rock hard abs :black101:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I like knife guy. He stabs the dudes fast like pow-pow-pow and sometimes he has clever traps. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Average Bear posted:

I discovered this far too late when I played symphonia

lol you played as Genis Sage.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
:razz:

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

The old dude in xilia owna pretty hard

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

My brother played as Kratos and I would be genis. I switched to Lloyd around the theater half of disk 2

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
agreed, op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCtARsbRjzM

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The exception is dark souls where only insane fags with skin-ripped dicks play mages.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i alternate between fighter and wizard but in my experience a lot of games are lovely and just make the fighter the "noob" character with only one button :sigh:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

wow I need to restart my dragon's dogma file

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 17, 2015

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Average Bear posted:

The exception is dark souls where only insane fags with skin-ripped dicks play mages.

its more fun in pvp

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
kratos and regal both have some insane combo potential and comboing stalls an enemy even if you aren't strong enough to even hurt it

your mage can push b to cast indignation and then sit there but nope you're juggling a fool with high effort and having fun

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

honestly i've never been happy with my class choices. there's always something epic every class gets, that i want. but i can't have it all. i think this is the human condition

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

why not both op

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Hmm play as the guy who can cast three lovely spells and then runs out of mana and gets 7 hp, or the guy who can take a ton of hits, gets awesome armor and weapons and never runs out of hitting things with a huge sword???

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

why not both op

if the game will let you be both then sure yeah, i mean why not?

muscle wizards rule

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

let's not even talk about people who choose thief guys over either of the other two

i like those guys when they're the kind that can wield two swords instead of one

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Dexters Secret posted:

if the game will let you be both then sure yeah, i mean why not?

muscle wizards rule

...epic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

depends on the game, and how i feel, tbh.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Magic is pretty

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Warrior - Strong and confident
Mage - Smart and accomplished
Thief - Trolly and jokey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

sharrrk posted:

i like those guys when they're the kind that can wield two swords instead of one
they're two knives

• Locked thread