Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

so weall know chrome is bad but firefox 35 or whatever the heck crashes all the dang time, so the internet explorer web browsing suite is now the best experience on the windows platform

but for all the ladies out there I still use safari on the macintosh

discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
install opera

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

install opera

no thanks, pissflaps

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I did not install ie, op

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
just use chrome ffs

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pissflaps posted:

install opera

i wish opera wasnt just chrome :(

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

install opera

classic

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

install opera

Is opera good anymore? I though most operalikers hated the new one.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Rahu posted:

Is opera good anymore? I though most operalikers hated the new one.

no

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i use safari

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

is maxthon still a thing?

install that and report back

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

In before Shaggar

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I tried to issue after chrome was exploited by some web thing but it doesn't work with 1password so I couldn't manage accounts.

owned I guess?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
netscape is p cool

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

pagancow posted:

I tried to issue after chrome was exploited by some web thing but it doesn't work with 1password so I couldn't manage accounts.

owned I guess?

yeah it does

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just beoawer

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
ie 11 is better than chrome

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

colbylol posted:

best troll on the sa forums, a+++++++ would read again

internet explorer is poo poo, Firefox has more memory leaks than a submarine made out of wire mesh, chrome is awful but the least lovely alternative to either

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my poo hole is in top notch condition right now just FYI

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

my poo hole is in top notch condition right now just FYI

obligatory text me

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

du -hast posted:

best troll on the sa forums, a+++++++ would read again

internet explorer is poo poo, Firefox has more memory leaks than a submarine made out of wire mesh, chrome is awful but the least lovely alternative to either

and yet safari is strangely absent

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

theadder posted:

and yet safari is strangely absent

much like the ability to use safari for anything other than a grandma browsing allrecipes.com

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

safari is basically the anti firefox, with so little usability that it is basically lynx with a pretty gui

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i am incensed op

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

theadder posted:

i am incensed op

i too lack all sense, much like your choice of browsers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chrome is the best browser, miles ahead of anything else.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

colbylol posted:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Smythe posted:

chrome is the best browser, miles ahead of anything else.

:agreed: though grudgingly, it is the best browser to use for day to day, unfortunate though that may be

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Actually, internet explorer 11 is better than everything.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Bloody posted:

Actually, internet explorer 11 is better than everything.

i often find the time to explore the interns of your mom, in this and only this will explorer ever be useful

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
safari suits my needs, both on the go and when doing actual work at my desk. plus it came pre-installed. it doesn't get better than that guys

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

safari suits my needs, both on the go and when doing actual work at my desk. plus it came pre-installed. it doesn't get better than that guys

ah yes, all the bullshit garbage that comes preinstalled on this computer is actually good and so useful, im so loving glad I am able to use my PhoneCompanion app that as far as I can tell does not even work or do anything, much like safari. safari is the blackberry playbook of browsers, much hyped by spergs with too much money and too little sense but completely worthless for doing anything that didnt fall out of 2003

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

of all the browsers safari's version number is the lowest so it must be bad

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ludwig van Halen posted:

of all the browsers safari's version number is the lowest so it must be bad

how many versions of something do u need if it doesnt actually do anything.

"Hello, world! v 11.913352003.90" is pretty much the same as the first one except with an added version number, and much like internet explorer, still doesnt do a goddamn thing but spit out worthless text, though in its case the text is in the form of a hexadecimal error code

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
idk man i tried a blackberry once and the browser crashed on the first website i tried to visit. i concluded blackberries were poo poo and never touched one again. my Apple iPhone Safari web experience, on the other hand, has never failed to suit my mobile web browsing needs. I'm sorry about your inferiority complex but you do get what you pay for. hth

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

why did they name it safari in the first place
what is this racist loving internet browser

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

idk man i tried a blackberry once and the browser crashed on the first website i tried to visit. i concluded blackberries were poo poo and never touched one again. my Apple iPhone Safari web experience, on the other hand, has never failed to suit my mobile web browsing needs. I'm sorry about your inferiority complex but you do get what you pay for. hth

haha yea i paid for a worthless human being and looky here, i got one. piss off, newbie

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

grandma with an eye on cooking something new spotted. also yes you get what you paid for, which in the case of safari is a worthless browsing experience with a four digit price tag..... but hey at least it looks pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

du -hast posted:

grandma with an eye on cooking something new spotted. also yes you get what you paid for, which in the case of safari is a worthless browsing experience with a four digit price tag..... but hey at least it looks pretty

it also works great, as opposed to your chinese knockoff web experience you delude yourself into thinking is great. its fine to be poor but don't pretend it makes you superior

• Locked thread